GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,207
2 members and 2,205 guests
abobbygoglet246

Old 07-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

A Sigma Nu wins the Oklahoma US Senate Rep. Primary

Dr. Tom Coburn won it in a landlside yesterday. He's a Sigma Nu from our Oklahoma State chapter. He beat out former OKC mayor Kirk Humpheries (who was the newspaper's golden boy) and another Sigma Nu, current Corporation Commissioner Bob Anthony. He won by 60+%, so there will be no runoff.

He'll be going up against Democrat Brad Carson in the general election. It'll be a close one. Folks think of Oklahoma as a "red" state. The truth is, there are vastly more Democrats here than Republicans. The Dems here just vote Republican more often than not. I guess they're Democrats because the Democrats have controlled the state legislature since statehood. That could change as well because 51 of our reps are term limited out.

Carson is interesting because he's doing everything he can to distance himself from his party -- including publically rejecting and mailing back Senator Hillary Clinton's $2000 donation to his campaign.

It could go either way here. In local news, the guy I was supporting and volunteering for in the local senate race is now in a runoff after "winning" the original primary with 29% of the vote. The second place guy had around 27%.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-28-2004, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
i always knew Coburn was a snake.....

I kid

He actually seems like a good guy and sticks to his ideals well atleast on the term limits stand.

I'd vote for him