GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,365
3 members and 2,362 guests
MethrenLusia, Xidelt

Old 06-10-2003, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphi:TA
One of my sisters, Amy, worked vacations at Disneyland as one of the charactors(Minnie Mouse I think?)

Once she was out and about and saw a girl with A Phi letters on.

She went chasing after her, waving her 'paws' frantically.

The girl was totally confused, until Amy held out her paw and gave her the handshake.

The girl was elated, and hugged Amy.
LOL! What a funny story! If I had a Minnie Mouse chasing me, I think I'd be confused and a little bit afraid! LOL
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-10-2003, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
We were at the airport in Cancun waiting in the longass line to get home. We spotted a Phi Mu sitting at a table near us. She was from Ball State! This was in 2001.
Word!!! Did you catch ner name?
Old 06-10-2003, 01:58 PM
UMgirl

Working in Victoria's Secret when I visited my friend in Chicago.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
I ran into three alums in one day. After our parents day thing at mason, my mom and grandma took me shopping at target. I was wearing letters and this girl comes up to me in the aisle and says "I'm in the NoVa alumnae chapter!" We talk for a little bit and then go our separate ways. Standing in line waiting to check out, the girl behind me in line says "I'm a Zeta from Texas!" so we talk for a little bit. Then, when we're at Applebee's, the waitress comes up to me and says "OMG I'm a Zeta, too!" I had never met sisters outside of my chapter, so to meet three in one day was pretty neat.

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!
Old 06-10-2003, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

This past Feburary, right after I began to pledge Delta Gamma, I went home for the weekend and my parents and I went out to dinner. When we got to the resturant, my dad saw a man he does business with, so we all went over and talked to them for a few minutes. While my dad was talking to that guy, my mom and I were talking to his wife. She asked me how school was doing, and my mom mentioned I had just pledged a sorority. The wife asked which sorority, and I said "Delta Gamma". Sitting at the end of the table was the man's 80something year old mother, who then said "I'm a Delta Gamma"! It was my first time meeting a sister outside of my chapter and it was special to meet such an old alumna!
Old 11-05-2003, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Phi Mu alli
unexpected sister

I joined Phi Mu Spring '03 and my mother was really excited for me. she told almost everyone she came in contact with including my old high school giudance counselor who responed OMG I'm a Phi Mu too!!! It' s kinda funny that the first phi mu that I ever met was right under my nose and helping me even before I was a sister

Allison
Old 11-06-2003, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I was at an Illinois Jaycee convention some years back, wearing my Alpha Phi Omega letter sweatshirt. A woman from another Jaycee chapter stops me and asks me if I'm a brother. Turns out she is too, from some other chapter (I forgot which one), as is one of the (at the time) state officers. That was pretty cool.

Some months later, I was at one of my Jaycee chapter meetings wearing letters and I was talking to one of the newer members of my chapter. Turns out that not only is she an alum of the Eta chapter (NIU), but her sister is an alum of Mu chapter (my chapter!) and pledged the semester after I graduated!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

2 summers ago I was working at Nordstrom. I happened to wear a Delta Gamma t-shirt when we were doing stock the night before the crazy anniversary sale. 1 of my co-workers, a woman who is 50, was like, you're a DG? So am I! It was really cool, and after that I felt a special bond with her. Another co-worker, was an Alpha Xi Delta-- still had a Greek bond with her, but it wasn't the same as a DG one.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe I didn't pull up this thread when it happened...

I stood up in a wedding last month for my roomie from the chapter house. Her maid of honor was a Gamma Phi, as was another bridesmaid. Some of our chapter sisters came to the wedding early to drop off some things we needed and they were wearing letters and had stickers on their cars, which the woman directing parking - she got all excited and told them she was a Gamma Phi from the Epsilon chapter at Northwestern, pledge class of 1962. Turns out her family owns the arboretuem or something like that - we included her in one of our pictures. It was so cool for us to run into another sister like that.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I met my cousin's girlfriend at Thanksgiving freshmen year and we talked for a while about all sorts of stuff, including recruitment. She encouraged me to go through, but I didn't even think twice about the fact that she never mentioned what house she was in, but we go to different schools, so I never thought to ask.

To make a long story short, the night I got my bid, I called my parents to tell them what house I was in and they told everyone, including my cousin and his girlfriend. When I got home from Bid Night, I had a message from my cousin Tom's screen name that said " congratulations!!! we are going to be sisters!!"

Now, everytime I see her we talk about all kinds of AOII things and laugh about all the fun things we have done with our sisters. She is now married to Tom, but even if she wouldn't , we would always have the special bond of sisterhood

~Lacey
Old 11-06-2003, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
I was at work at American Eagle Outfitters in my local mall. Our college is 20 mins away from my town and our next closest chapter is 2 hours away. While I was working, four girls walked into the store wearing phi sig sweatshirts. I ran up to them and said: "Hi! My name is Heather, where are you guys from?" They were from Bakersfield and looked at me like I was nuts. I hadn't realized for a few more moments later that I hadn't told them that I was a Phi Sig too.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:24 AM
GreekChat Member

this weekend in ceasars in las vegas we had our formal, we were walking to the event ans dome man stoped us to take a picture---he worked for ceasars as a photographer. anyway, i talked to him ,and he was a phi psi from colorado alpha!!! it was cool as fuck!
Old 11-06-2003, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
On Monday night I went to the MetroDPhiE meeting. Afterwards we ran into sisters and new members from NYU. It was a very strange and cool coincidence.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I've met sisters in random places!
1. I was at church one day and was wearing my lavalier. My priest says "Delta Zeta!". I was kinda confused and he explained that his wife is a DZ from Florida State! How fun
2. My next door neighbor is a DZ
3. My eye doctor is a DZ - I was wearing a mixer shirt to get my eyes checked one time and she told me she was a DZ alum, too
Old 11-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

If there's an ADPi chapter on your campus, you've probably seen two ADPis each stick out their index & middle fingers to match the other ADPi's and make a diamond < > like that.

Well, mr. honeychile, our friends & I were driving down I-95 (?) to Florida for a convention when I saw an Alpha Delta Pi decal on the car in front of us. I excitedly told mr. to pull up alongside, and when he did, I made my half of the < against the window. It was a few sisters, and they all did it back and we honked and went our ways. Mr. honeychile (who didn't have GLOs on his campus & is still a little clueless about "the sorority thing") tells about how we almost got killed because I needed to make some secret sign to other ADPis. I tell him that, if it were a secret sign, I would have killed him by now!

I ran into another ADPi while in the elevator to a top-floor restaurant. We both noticed each other's recognition pins at the same time!