GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,165
1 members and 2,164 guests
John

Old 10-06-2002, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I've heard about mixers and the like at SDSU. I know Sigma CHi is gonna have one with Alpha Phi some time. But I THINK Josh's party was a mixer with gamma Phi.

You see, I actually wouldn't know, because we're not "cool" enough for sororities to hang out with us. I think it's that whole Animal House rep and being the smallest in numbers in IFC does that to you. But once again, it's ok, our parties are still fun without them, so it's their choice.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2002, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Stan, can completely understand what you said!

Hang in man, the new kids on the block do have a way of coming and biting the big dawgs in the BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your Brothers are like You, they must be great!

I always try to get better even at my age. Get the point?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 10-06-2002, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh definitly Tom. OUr problem is youth. Our president became prez his 2nd semester his freshman year! When we were expelled, the Greek system basically forgot about us. We used to be one of the big dogs on campus, but then when we rechartered, our Nationals did it the wrong way and we're in the situation we're in now. But the good thing is that we have no where to go but up. We're getting an underground buzz on campus and sooner or later, we'll be back up there.

My brothers....lol are kinda not like me which is good. They have this ability to get over things and just not worry about them all the time. I, on the other hand, can't lol.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am 99% sure that Gamma Phi Beta is not allowed to co-sponsor an alcoholic event that takes place in a fraternity house. I believe this is a national rule.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am 99% sure that Gamma Phi Beta is not allowed to co-sponsor an alcoholic event that takes place in a fraternity house. I believe this is a national rule.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:58 PM
hendrixski

interesting thread

I think you're a little over-concerned. party's are parties because people wanna have fun, not 'cause they wanna work. There's a difference between bein' careful an' bein' anal. I'm all for bein' careful, because if the cops catch you doin' somethin' you're not suppsoed to, god help you.

Anyway, I hope everything went fine for you guys
later
Old 10-06-2002, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

my head is still spinning...
anyway, beltabetababy i'm sorry for my drunken rage and being a dick.
here is the deal with what everyone on GC is freaking out about:
sororities are allowed to have exchanged with fraternities at 3rd party vendor type places. last night was not an exchange at all. we had a party and told a lot of gamma phi's to come over because we are trying to strengthen our relations with them. we like to think of it as a event because there was a common goal: get to know that gamma phi's so in the future we can have an exchange with them. there were no rules broken. gamma phi did nothing wrong, we did nothing wrong. we just wanted to keep random guys out so we could show gamma phi that we are gentlemen, and none of us were looking forward to random guys starting shit.

now the last thing i want to rant about is the attitude of some GCer's...it seems that if one person makes a post that even mentions the possibility of a rule being broken there are people who act like god and try to dictate the rules. its not just this post but i see it with other peoples post too...all i ask is to stop hateing!
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
Old 10-06-2002, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by josh8o
i am ven drunked than i wa before, and i read thiss again/./////Fuck y ou!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 10-06-2002, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Josh, I think what you are seeing is inderstanding!

We all understand when one gets frustrated and pissed like hell!

It is tuff man, but one must hang in with his Brothers and say bring it up in Exec Meeting to air it out!

We as most have been there at one time or another! Sucks but work on it! Ya Da Man!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 10-06-2002, 05:17 PM

ummm...

I don't think Josh came here for a lecture. He is one of the most caring and concerned fraternity men I have ever come across, and instead of sympathy which he deserves for doing more than his share he gets yelled at. If there is anyone who wouldn't participate in an illegal event, it's him.

Don't assume, because, well, I think we all know the drill.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
It IS an NPC rule, not just Gamma Phi Beta, not just campus, not just individual chapter. Events that will have alcohol present need to be through a third party vendor as that vendor takes the responsibility to check ID. . . .
Old 10-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Banned

Josh -
I feel for you and just want to clarify my posts are more aimed at Gamma Phi than at you and your brothers. You have every right to bite the head off your brothers who are slacking at their job. . .
Old 10-06-2002, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It IS an NPC rule, not just Gamma Phi Beta, not just campus, not just individual chapter.
I don't think this was a co-sponsored event. He said that the fraternity had a party and that there were a bunch of Gamma Phi's there. There may or may not have been other women there who were not members of Gamma Phi.

Fraternities at my alma mater did and still do host band parties with alcohol on various occasions, especially football weekends. Sometimes there would be more members of one sorority at a house than at another one, but as long as it isn't co-sponsored and the fraternity has gone through the proper channels, it's not "illegal" to have a party at a fraternity house.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
Stan, can completely understand what you said!

Hang in man, the new kids on the block do have a way of coming and biting the big dawgs in the BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your Brothers are like You, they must be great!

I always try to get better even at my age. Get the point?
Tom has a great point Stan- the little guys will always make their way to the top at some point. It may not be when you're involved as a collegian, but it WILL happen sooner or later! Three fraternities (Delts, Pikes, and Phi Kaps) at my school that were the underdogs my freshman year have made their way up in the last 3 years. They had numbers in the single digits, but have been growing and growing... Now these chapters are surpassing the ever-so "popular" fraternities in numbers and it's been amazing... I give it up for them, they've done a great job. And so will your fraternity.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah we are underdogs!!! Been chapter less than year. Sigma Pi is too their colonization was interuped before it started and were told they couldn't use the student center. Thanks to IFC. There are 30 guys in there. Bigger than some chapters. And we?? we ain't f*en around round here yo dre what up? can I get a hell yeah? HELL YEAH