GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,249
1 members and 2,248 guests
abobbygoglet246

Old 03-04-2002, 04:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation City Public Service is neither Public nor a Service. Discuss.

City Public Service is our Electric Utility. The power goes out where I am at LEAST twice a month. Its nothing exciting like the California Energy crisis of last year...CPS just sucks. I grew up in a town of 10,000 peeps. I can remember about 3 times in 18 years our power ever went out. In SA it goes out all the time. I was in the grocery store last week and it went out. A few months ago I was driving down I-10 and everything on the left side of the freeway went black. This morning it went out at my apt. WTF is that? It doesnt matter where I live in this town - its always been spotty since Ive lived here. Does ya'lls power go out alot?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Your location says Texas...... I thought Texans ran electrical appliances just to spite people in California
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-04-2002, 09:45 AM

noppers...i love living in canada, we use more power per capita than any other country in the world...in fact i was using the oven to heat the kitchen yesterday.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Life, what a great situation you are in. It has made me very happy, and it should do the same for you. Do you know why? Cause this means that you can justify going out and buying a new TOY.

Thats right brother, I feel that it is time for you to invest in a generator. I just get giddy talking about it. Not only will you have power when you have these blackouts, but you can run your power tools away from home. Sigh.

You need to find the main electrical breaker fuse for your neighbor hood, trip it (cut a tree down on the lines so that you can work in your fuse box) then run back to your house and run some triple post 110 and 220 hook up lines out of your main home breaker so all you have to do during your next blackout is take the ol generator out back and plug in, pull the cord, and make sure the beer stays cold. Sigh.

My personal choice in generators? Coleman. 7500 watt with the dolly attachment so that you dont have to carry it, you can just roll it. Sigh.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
The power in our city is excellent, but the power in our house is less than par. The house was built in 1901 and the wiring and electrical work is so jacked up. Almost all of the power that is used on the second and third floors is hooked up to one, yes one circuit, needless to say, the power is always going out, because the second and third floors are where most of the personal rooms are. I've been dying to get it taken care of for quite sometime now. Get it rewired, double breaker the circuit or something, but when you live with a bunch of lazy guys, nothing gets done.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

We end up losing power a few times every summer, but mainly it's because of the humidity and high heat - thunderstorms and the such happen, and wires end up coming down. The electrical companies around here aren't exactly the best at answering calls either.

As far as in my house - my dad is a hell of an electrician - he did it for a few years before he went into carpentry, so we hardly ever have a problem in our house.

Collin