GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,202
0 members and 2,202 guests
No Members online

Old 03-09-2011, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Director of Chapter Services

Can anyone tell me, out of curiosity, what a director of chapter services would specifically do for the national office of an NPC org? Would it be a telecommuting type position, and you would travel to the various collegiate chapters? Or do they normally work at IHQ? What types of qualifications and requirements are there typically?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 PM

Our DCS oversees the operations of ALL of our chapters. She is a full-time paid staff member. She coordinates/ok's all chapter visits, RM investigations, everything. Ours works at HQ and travels as needed (if she is on-site for a visit, it's a BIG deal.)

We also have 2 Assistant Directors of Chapter Services (full-time paid.) We have 4 regions and each ADCS is assigned 2 of them. They oversee the operations of chapters in their individual regions (supporting the Director.) They work from home but do more travel than the DCS does (ex: high needs chapter visits, RM investigations, etc.)

I don't know too much about their qualifications, but our DCS is a former Regional Consultant and has a Student Affairs educational background. One of our ADCS is also a former Consultant, but her educational background isn't Student Affairs related. Another is a long-time volunteer on all levels. So it just depends.

You can read a little more about what they do here: http://trisigma.org/MeetUs.mvc/Our%2...dquartersStaff

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 03-09-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Generally speaking...

Full-time paid position at HQ. Oversees all collegiate chapters. Hires, trains and supervises national consultants and/or regional directors of collegiate chapters. Some travel. Usually the position is filled by a member of the organization (although I think I heard Tri Delta hired a man once) who has previous experience as a travelling consultant or regional director. Reports to the Executive Director.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not in an NPC, but I want to echo what I know of Director of Chapter Services from other chapter-based nonprofit organizations:
  • Senior-level position
  • Sometimes deals with expansion, if there is not already an expansion officer
  • Sort of a quantitaive position, example: might be the person who keeps official records needed for awards
  • Fulfills chapter needs, both paperwork and property

That's just an add-on to what else was said. It varies, of course. (I learned these things by applying for jobs with honor societies and collegiate organizations).

Based on something NutBrnHair mentioned, I am going to create a spin-off thread.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Tri Delta's job description for DCS

Job Description: The director of the chapter services team assists the Executive Board and Executive Director by directing chapter services and preparing information for all aspects of the collegiate area. Responsibilities include maintaining positive relations with collegiate chapter officers, regional personnel, university administrators and Executive Board members. The director monitors chapter programming and operations and making special purpose visits to collegiate chapters as requested by the Executive Board. He also serves as a development consultant to collegiate chapters through strategic planning and developing action plans for success and handles all aspects of risk management. The director of chapter services also works with new chapters, supervises the field consultant program, works with NPC delegation, and works in human resources to recruit, hire, train, support and supervises Executive Office team members
Old 03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Thanks guys! I wanted to compare it to the Director of Alumnae Services. I appreciate your responses I knew I could count on GC!