GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,373
1 members and 2,372 guests
zatylerahvso465

Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
No. I said hello to a stranger. He said he was looking for casual sex.
Your post read as though you were chatting with someone online and asking questions to see where he was coming from. So are you going to hook up with him?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-11-2014, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
lol
Hilarious! I laughed til' my sides started hurting when I read his post. And you're not helping the pain of my laughter with that gif and song.
Whose post were you referring to? Mine? I was actually being serious.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAcino View Post
Your post read as though you were chatting with someone online and asking questions to see where he was coming from. So are you going to hook up with him?
No. While I'm ok with people doing what makes them happy (consensually of course), that is not where I am right now. Forgetting the fact that the state of my abs right now would preclude it, I am not emotionally in a position to just get mine. And I have to fight off daily (well, not fight, just not respond) requests from the subtly suggestive to the outright disgusting.

I will give him props for being honest and knowing that I was not the one for him.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Unlimited data?
You know it! T-Mobile.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
No. While I'm ok with people doing what makes them happy (consensually of course), that is not where I am right now. Forgetting the fact that the state of my abs right now would preclude it, I am not emotionally in a position to just get mine. And I have to fight off daily (well, not fight, just not respond) requests from the subtly suggestive to the outright disgusting.

I will give him props for being honest and knowing that I was not the one for him.
Good for you for knowing what you do and do not want. Same for him knowing what he does and does not want.

Just remember that varying perspectives on beliefs and spirituality allow him to both be a Christian and be someone who has casual sex.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it's interpretation of Very Important. He or others might mean he believes in God. I read a relatively firm believer in the current version of the bible as a document to be taken literally.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was actually being serious.
Umm, that's why I was laughing?
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Did you and your ex-husband have any kids?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Did you and your ex-husband have any kids?
No. I'm a recovering "fixer" from way back, but even then I knew that having kids with an alcoholic was a bad idea.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No. I'm a recovering "fixer" from way back,
What's a recovering "fixer"?
Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

A person who thinks they can fix people. Our favorite subject are alcoholics, drug addicts, spenders, abusers, that sort of thing. Through our love we can FIX people. Except that we can't.

And thus I'm recovering. And so far, making my way through dating sites, I've had a couple near misses. But so far, so good. Weirdos and freaks, but no alcoholics

Last edited by DubaiSis; 09-11-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
A person who thinks they can fix people. Our favorite subject are alcoholics, drug addicts, spenders, abusers, that sort of thing. Through our love we can FIX people. Except that we can't.

And thus I'm recovering. And so far, making my way through dating sites, I've had a couple near misses. But so far, so good. Weirdos and freaks, but no alcoholics
lol
I was going to delete my post because I actually thought I figured out what a "recovering fixer" was. I was way off. I would get laughed off of GC if I posted what I actually thought it was.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
I think that's (part of) the point. If you are just "befriending," them being "taken" shouldn't be an issue. Hanging out with guys without the intention of dating them can tell you a lot about men, yourself, what you like and dislike in men (that you didn't know before), etc. You'd be surprised what kind of stuff comes up when you're not focused on the "are you the one and where is this going?" aspect of things.

I'm doing well, thanks for asking! I'm just working and schooling mostly. Taking a break from my proposal presentation to chat with Elmer--no, that's not his real name. He is a great example of just chatting and getting to know someone with no expectations. He's going hard at work and this damn dissertation is sucking the life out of me so we support each other even if we can't link up much. I wouldn't even call this dating TBH. We just spent a little time talking about his new job (he recently left his job for one with better hours). Then he let me vent about this presentation then kicked me off the phone and told me to get back too it. It's really nice. It means a lot to me that he hasn't been around long enough for me to automatically expect him to encourage me and cheer me on but he does it anyway.
Very true. And this guy that you're friends with seems very respectful of your time with school, and you of his work hours. How did you meet him? I have men as associates that I would like to have that kind of relationship with but I'm just not around them enough. We're not at all close in location/cities. I'll keep an open mind, though. Hopefully I'll meet someone nice, whether that's as a friend or someone on a romantic level. And I'm happy to read that school is going well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Most things that come too easy, you don't want it anyway. If it's easy, there's probably something wrong with it.

Good men are out there, DG. They just might not be wrapped in the package you expect. If God, who sees every imperfection in us, loves us anyway, who are we to insist on perfection in another human being? How can you know you're not overlooking a good brother if you don't even give him the time of day?
Most of the men I've gone out with recently have all been men I met online. And every last one of the men I've been out with off and online either wanted to get down my pants, was secretly married, engaged, wasn't working (and lied about having a job), were insecure with my MBA program (because they have a high school diploma or bachelor's only), or they have deep seeded issues with women in general. I'm sorry, but I did give those men a try, looking past some of the things I saw as red flags online. Yet, I still went out with them. But, like I said to StealthMode, I will try to keep an open mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
DG, please stop saying this. If a man made the exact same statement "the good ones seem to be taken" would that be true? No, because you, and thousands like you, are still out there. It's no less true of men. It may sound simplistic, but over time, that mindset would seem to wear down your desire to have the type of man you deserve. Not that you'd settle, but that mindset (all the good ones are gone) can't lead to anywhere worth going.
Thank you for the compliment, but see the above. I "say" what I see and have been seeing.

Quote:
lol
I was going to delete my post because I actually thought I figured out what a "recovering fixer" was. I was way off. I would get laughed off of GC if I posted what I actually thought it was.
Cheerful, can you please tell me what you thought she meant privately? I won't tell lol. I promise.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
Funny. Passive-aggressive, not nefarious or dirty. I'm a text book adult child of an alcoholic but I've worked a lot on resolving those issues. But at the time of meeting my husband I didn't have those issues under control.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Girl View Post
Thank you for the compliment, but see the above. I "say" what I see and have been seeing.
You're in Chicago, right? I know there are good bruhs in your area. Heck, probably even some decent Ques you could go out with. .......nah, scratch that Que part.
~ Luke 19:10