GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Chi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,122
0 members and 1,122 guests
No Members online

Old 07-08-2003, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SCSweetheartDDD
Talking Any Sweethearts out there?!

Hey there! I'm the Sigma Chi Sweetheart at the Theta Kappa Chapter (UT-Arlington). Just curious if there are any Sweethearts out there. I'd like to exchange some ideas for the guys.... helps to know people

Anyways, other than that.... just saying HELLO!
Delta Love...
Old 10-14-2003, 02:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CleopatraUSU Send a message via Yahoo to CleopatraUSU
I am a Sigma Chi Sweetheart at The Gamma Kappa Chapter At Utah State University. How are your happy boys there? Lets chat...

ONE LUV
Martine
Old 04-08-2004, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

hey there! I am the current sweetheart for the Zeta Sigma Chapter in Portales NM! email me back i would love to exchange ideas for the boys with you. knks_8@yahoo.com

ZEEX Sweetheart '03
Kristina
Old 04-23-2004, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Sweetheart

Hey, My name is Maggie, I am the Sweetheart of Sigma Chi in Daytona Beach FL, Eta Iota....It would be alot of fun to talk to other sweethearts....I have some good ideas that I have used in the past.....e-mail me and I will get back with you...we can exchange ideas
Old 08-31-2004, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OrchidBelle
just the post I was hoping would be on here!!!

I'm A-Section Sigma Chi Sweetheart at the Zeta Theta chapter at Kettering University in Flint, Michigan.

Im totally interested in exchanging ideas and finding out what I can do for Sigma Chi.

My email is: SnowOrchidBelle@hotmail.com

If you interested in starting a group or something or just want to get an email group of sweethearts, send an email and let me know. It'd be a lot easier if we get more sweethearts in touch than just one or two...you know

much love!!!

Crystal
Old 09-02-2004, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OrchidBelle
There is a yahoo group for Sigma Chi Sweethearts

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SigChiSweethearts

please pass on the invite to all Sigma Chi Sweethearts past and present
Old 03-22-2007, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via MSN to KappaPhiSweetie
Hey, Im the "new" sweetheart for the Kappa Phi chapter Embry Riddle in prescott arizona. They have a smaller, fairly new chapter. I really would like to open it up to new things and get some good things going with the guys. Wanna share with me
Old 03-27-2007, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey!
Congrats on being named Sweetheart, first of all... I love being a Sweetheart - this is my third year of being recognized by the wonderful men of Delta Tau Delta at Tulane in New Orleans. I was the first really active Sweetheart the guys have had since they rechartered, and I've done all sorts of things... I repainted a bunch of their house over this past summer (they helped! but I got to pick out paint colors and teach them how and stuff b/c they didn't know... so much fun!), I usually will drop off a 'treat' of some sort when they have a ritual (initiation etc) - that's a perennial favorite! - but I wanted to do something really special for them to help build brotherhood, so several times, I've made dinner for the chapter on a weekend night (have everyone throw in $5!), we pushed all the tables together in the chapter room and had an awesome time. This year, since I'm a senior and wanted to do something fun, I bought surprise gifts for the awards that are presented every year at their Purple Iris Ball - for Brother of the Year, Senior of the Year and Pledge of the Year... normally the guys don't get anything for it, but I thought the cufflinks, pocketwatch and stein I got were really pretty cool - and inexpensive. Let me know if you want some more ideas! Cheers!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via MSN to KappaPhiSweetie
WOW.. seems like your doing a great job. I definitly wanna be there first active sweetheart so any other ideas you have would be greatly appreciated. They arent a really big chapter but they have the greatest group of guys and i love doing stuff for them. Ill look forward to hearing from you agian. Thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 AM
GreekChat Member

i have a question for you ladies...

i have a problem... I love sigma chi with all my being... i know someone in a chapter who is soooooooo fake, and she goes and tells everyone that, "she will just die if she doesn't get sweetheart"... not only that... she goes around talking about past sweethearts, and uses information that they give her, that they shouldn't give her... now if i tell the sigma chis, i will betray her trust... but, if i tell them, they can call her out, and btw, she will be getting kicked out of her chapter in the fall, but i can't tell the guys, becuase then, i have betrayed her... i don't care if i get sweetheart, i just want them to have someone that will love them, and take care of them... not someone that will use them... what do i do?

Old 04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretkd View Post
i have a problem... I love sigma chi with all my being... i know someone in a chapter who is soooooooo fake, and she goes and tells everyone that, "she will just die if she doesn't get sweetheart"... not only that... she goes around talking about past sweethearts, and uses information that they give her, that they shouldn't give her... now if i tell the sigma chis, i will betray her trust... but, if i tell them, they can call her out, and btw, she will be getting kicked out of her chapter in the fall, but i can't tell the guys, becuase then, i have betrayed her... i don't care if i get sweetheart, i just want them to have someone that will love them, and take care of them... not someone that will use them... what do i do?

Nothing. You should not get involved in chapter business and just leave the matter of sweetheart election to the members. If she happens to be elected, she may be the best dang sweetheart they ever had. If she does not uphold the standards the position demands, then she will be removed. And for what it is worth, a woman does not have to be a member of a sorority to be elected sweetheart.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bellwisdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretkd View Post

For me I guess it all depends on which chapter this is. Some chapters are more detailed and serious when it comes to choosing a Sweatheart, than other chapters are. I don't know what the chapter's selection process is like but I hope they choose the Sweatheart based on dedication and character. Personally, the thing I hate the most about a person's character is a person who is 'fake', I would want to know. If you tell the chapter than they can either call her out as you say or they can view you as being a hater. Is this girl in your a good friend or sister of yours? Are you both up for the Sweatheart position? Is there one brother in the chapter that you are closest to that you can take to about it? In my chapter we view the Sweatheart almost as a sister so my opinion is that if you really care about the Sigs and this position I would maybe talk to a single brother in the chapter that you are closest to and see what he says but don't point out exactly who she is. To just sit back and let them choose this young lady who really doesn't care about them would be careless.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

quick question

Hey There, I was just wondering, it is possible for the current sweetheart of sigma chi to be removed of the title if she not upholding her duties or is causing more harm to the fraternity then help?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedaisy55 View Post
Hey There, I was just wondering, it is possible for the current sweetheart of sigma chi to be removed of the title if she not upholding her duties or is causing more harm to the fraternity then help?
You should probably let the BROTHERS OF SIGMA CHI worry about that (I'm guessing/hoping from your username you are a female). It's not your fraternity so it really is not your concern.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You should probably let the BROTHERS OF SIGMA CHI worry about that (I'm guessing/hoping from your username you are a female). It's not your fraternity so it really is not your concern.
Unless she was a sweetheart that was removed.