GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,932
4 members and 1,928 guests
bbobbyusady4719, naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-15-2013, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Oddly enough at the gym today there was a Phi Mu and an ADPi (also an A Xi D, a Kappa and and a Pi Phi) wearing clothing with letters on them. One with a jersey, a dad's weekend shirt, a few bid day shirts...

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninah View Post
Google the term "Macon Magnolia" and you'll find it in like 15 different places refrencing Phi Mu and ADPi, universities who have both chapters use it, blogs use it, obviously wikipedia uses it, a company that caters to sorority women traveling to Macon uses it in their advertising material. Although it doesn't have any "official" stamp of approval from either national organization I've heard national officers use it while representing their respective chapters in official capacities. It's not just a GC thing.
You missed the point of my 2+ year old post. Read this thread and you'll see the birth of the term "Macon Magnolia" in 2003 here on GC (post 23). For many years, it was pretty much only a GC thing. My post was prompted by my first time seeing it used outside GC, and you'll notice I said I googled it then and found other references to it. The whole point of my post was to wonder whether that was just some random GCer(s) sticking it in places like Wikipedia or whether the term was really gaining traction outside GC.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Funny, I wear my letters all the time at the gym and I'm 59 years old. Some are "mine", things I have purchased, some are from Parent Weekends, my 4 daughters are all Alpha Gams... It starts conversations, gets AGD out in public, etc. I think it's all good as it's part of our Purpose.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Since we're reviving this thread...

Every time jersey was mentioned, I was thinking of something like a football jersey or lacrosse pinnies. There's no way that's heavier than a t-shirt. haha