GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,140
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zolivilittlez29
» Online Users: 986
2 members and 984 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-28-2000, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Post how bout the delts

I'm a delt a the University of Kentucky and I was wondering how they ranked everywhere else.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-28-2000, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

DTD has an awesome chapter here at UNC- Wilmington. They win almost everything and have an awesome brotherhood! I know a couple of them and they are really great guys!
Old 11-28-2000, 10:32 PM

Welcome Brother Delt.

I would post an answer, but I am obviously mildly prejudiced. I hope that most (nobody's chapters are all perfect) chapters are as good as the ones for which I'm DVP.

By the way, I have lunch monthly with one of your older alums (around 1950, I think) who is a great guy and strong member of our alumni group.

Fraternally,
DeltAlum

[This message has been edited by DeltAlum (edited November 28, 2000).]
Old 11-29-2000, 03:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Oregon Alpha Xi
Thumbs up

Delts are recolonizing at Oregon State University this coming term. Three wonderful recruiters from National Headquarters were here for a couple weeks earlier this term. It is going to be fabulous having another dry house to function with!
Old 11-30-2000, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

The Delts at SHSU (the ones I know anyway) are a great groups of guys. They are the sweetest guys & too much fun to be around!!
Old 11-30-2000, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Delts are a very strong chapter at the University of Illinois. I believe they are the oldest chapter at that school. They always have functions with the best sororities on our campus.

They used to live in a pretty nice, although not too big, house that was kind of far off campus. Still, they had a lot of strong traditions, which enabled them to do well at rush even though their house was so far away.

However, this past semester they moved into the old Fiji house, which is almost twice the size of their previous house, and smack in the middle of campus. So they're only going to get even better.
Old 11-30-2000, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Oregon Alpha Xi
Question

I know that when Delts come back at my campus, they're supposed to be dry...is this a national policy because a friend at another school is roommates with a Delt pledge and says that they drink like crazy!
Old 11-30-2000, 06:19 PM

Hi Oregon Alpha Xi (Fuzzie),

I'm a Division Vice President for Delta Tau Delta (Alumni advisor).

Delt does not have a "dry housing" rule internationally.

Having said that, given the risk management ramnifications, each of our chapters has been given options -- wet, damp or dry. Within our Membership Responsibility Guidelines, one of the most serious offenses is "Conduct Unbecoming of a Delt," and very high on the list of what constitutes that is drunkenness.

We also have a program which every Delt is supposed to attend called "Delts Talk About Alcohol." It is NOT a program to try to get chapters to go "dry," but rather an educational effort to explain the effects of alcohol and urge moderation in consumption. Our program is/was the first of it's kind to be federally funded and has been offered to and shared by several other fraternities and sororities under different titles.

In effect, the fraternity has put the burden on local chapters and individuals.

In addition, we have found that when a chapter closes and is recolonized, one of the requirements often placed on us by a university is "dry" housing. That is also true of colonizing on campuses new to us.

Maybe the allegation that they, "drink like crazy," is part of the reason the chapter closed in the first place.

In any event, I hope that our new colony at your school will quickly make the list of "great" chapters.

Sorry to be so wordy on this thread, but I hope I've answered your question.

Fraternally,
DeltAlum

PS for the SHSU person above, our International President for the next two years is a Delt Alum from Sam Houston.

[This message has been edited by DeltAlum (edited November 30, 2000).]
Old 12-01-2000, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

DeltAlum..That is just too awesome to hear
Old 12-03-2000, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

On my campus, Delts are considered the top fraternity. Not only do they usually have the best grades, they also have the strongest alumni involvement (by far) of any other fraternity. DTD is also the most elite house here and is overall a great group of guys. They are extremely nice guys and many of them are also very attractive as well!