GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,423
1 members and 1,422 guests
MSKKG

Old 08-22-2010, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I admire your decision to stick it out. It takes awhile to get comfortable in a house (even if it was your top choice) but I think you'll end up loving it!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-22-2010, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope you end up happy! I know many girls who ended up loving their 2nd choice!!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

In my experience, girls like this consistently become leaders in their chapters and invaluable assets to their organizations - congratulations to you and to Delta Delta Delta!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 AM

I had a feeling this was what was going to happen.

Stay positive and I'd bet in 6 months, you'll wonder how you could have ever wanted to be in any other chapter. Congratulations~!!

Last edited by 33girl; 08-23-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

It's okay to mourn that feeling of losing out on what "could have been" with the tagalongs, but now that you've done that, you can move on to find a place in Delta Delta Delta. Congratulations on joining such an amazing organization! It will take time to feel comfortable, but for every ounce of effort you put into your membership, the rewards you reap will be measured in pounds. Good luck!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I really admire your maturity to stick it out and give your new sisters a chance. It's okay to be disappointed, and you managed your emotions well by talking to your mom and friend afterward instead of pouting around at bid day and bringing other new members with you. You are a new member of an incredible organization that is so much bigger than your chapter. With your attitude, I know you will grow to love it!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 AM
GreekChat Member

If you go back and read your comments about Trefoils through the first few rounds, you really enjoyed their parties!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!

Welcome to Tri Delta!

I hope you have a great experience in a wonderful sisterhood!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!! I agree with the above poster. Girls like young usually end up being strong leaders in their chapters. I hope you will return to GC often to give advice to others. Now, go out and start buying pansy stuff!!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I think a LOT of girls have this huge let down on bid day, and not just when they don't get their first choice. It's kind of like building up to Christmas, then you open your gifts, and it's just not that exciting any more. Life is never quite as hearts and flowersy as your fantasies. In real life you have to WORK for your friendships, and it's not always exciting and exuberant. And this insty-friends thing is just weird. It always has been, but it's the system we work with. Frankly, I think a LOT of women have a "is this all there is?" moment a few hours after going to the house for the first time, but not everyone is willing to admit it.

Stick it out. You'll make friends, you'll settle into a routine, and you'll be fine. Now that recruitment is over, a lot of this stuff will just fade into the horizon. Trust me, sorority life is great no matter which girl scout cookie you're eating. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned

I know you are going to be happy too! There are so many adventures ahead of you in college. And remember that you still have your whole university full of people to be friends with in addition to your new sisters. It's an addition to your world, not your whole world.
________

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 01-12-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you for giving your house a chance. So many girls miss out because they don't even bother to give it a shot. I hope you and your new Delta Delta Delta sisters are excited!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to Tri Delta! I like your positive attitude, and I hope that over time you will come to love our amazing sisterhood!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know how much I have been enjoying myself these last few days. Bid day was sort of painful for me, but now that I've gotten to know a couple other girls in my pledge class, I'm having an amazing time. And even though its only been a few days, I already can't imagine myself anywhere else. I'm so excited about these next four years. I'm going to get so involved and hopefully have a leadership role eventually. Thank you all for the wonderful support and advice! I am so happy to be a Delta Delta Delta!