GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,090
1 members and 1,089 guests
naraht

Old 08-13-2011, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

The University of Texas Austin-A Hill Country Recruitment!

My daughter is going through recruitment at the University of Texas Austin this week and I will document her journey by using the wonderful Texas Hill Country Towns that are beloved by our family. The schedule of recruitment is as follows:

Wednesday, August 17
7:00-Convocation I

Thursday, August 18
9:30 a.m. -7:15 p.m.-- Open House-(13 events)
8:00 p.m.-- Convocation II

Friday, August 19
3:00 p.m.--Convocation III

4:30-9:35 p.m.--Philanthropy Day (up to 5 events)

Saturday, August 20
9 a.m.-2:05 p.m.--Philanthropy Day, Cont.
(up to 5 events for 10 total on Philanthropy Day 1 & 2)

2:00 p.m.--Convocation IV

Sunday, August 21
3:00 p.m--Convocation V

4:00-10:45 p.m.—Skit Night (up to 6 events)

10:00 p.m. –Convocation VI

Monday, August 22
4:00 p.m.-Convocation VII

5:30-10:30 p.m.—Preference Night (up to 3 events)

10:00 p.m.—Preferential Convocation

Tuesday, August 23
5:00 p.m.-Bid Day Convocation

There are 13 Sororities that participate in Formal Recruitment…I will call them…

Wimberley
Luckenbach
Boerne
Dripping Springs
Fredericksburg
Blanco
Gruene
Kerrville
Llano
New Braunfels
Horseshoe Bay
Leakey
Burnet

Projected Weather Forecast for Austin that week:
Highs 103-105. Low’s Mid to High 70’s

It’s going to be hot week so hopefully everyone is prepared for this crazier than crazy heat wave! Personally, I extend my best wishes to every PNM going through recruitment and a big hug to all the moms that have the privilege and the honor of giving encouragement, support and voice of reason to all of the beautiful, lovely ladies going through recruitment at UT! Hook’em!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Yay! I loooove the Hill Country so I'm rooting for *everybody*!!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm pulling for Gruene, I've been there to eat at the Sawmill and dance in the dance hall! And I'm also leaning towards Kerrville, b/c it's on my list of music festivals to do before I die.

That weather doesn't mean a thing to this Arizona Desert Rat. That's BALMY *ducks and runs for cover*
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-13-2011, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't decide whether to root for Fredricksburg and meet you at Schlitterbahn or chill with Willie and Waylon and root for Luckenbach....
Old 08-13-2011, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I am rooting for Blanco-there is a huge wildlife center out there that takes my sick opossums. I think the lows this week will be in the 80s though I go running almost every night and it is still in the high 90s at 7 PM. Good Luck to your daughter!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
Yay New Braunfels!
Although maybe I should root for some Hill Country town that's not on the list, as GPB no longer has a chapter at UT
Sending some cool Wisconsin air (it's been chilly here- like mid 70's) and good luck to all the Longhorn PNMs!

TEII
Old 08-14-2011, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to root for Kerrville since I have a Camp Stewart boy and a Camp Mystic girl!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah! I lover your code names!! Good luck to your daughter and to you as the mom..I was there last year and it was a real roller coaster!! I just left Austin yesterday and it was hot, hot, hot!! make sure your daughter has one of those battey operated fans..it will come in handy!!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thetaprincess
I'm rooting for Kerrville Cause I spent my summers at Heart O The Hills
Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Convocation is tonite, Open House parties start tomorrow! Good luck to all of the PNM's and to all of the wonderful chapters at UT! My daughter said that there were around 1100 girls registered which is quite a few more than last year They are so excited!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

To all the PNM’s, I wish you a successful recruitment. Please stay hydrated. It will be very hot all week. The hottest time of the day will be around 5 pm, so hopefully, you will be in parties where there is air conditioning.

Ohh.. Since all of the hill country is nice, I am going for Fredricksburg.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm gonna go with Dripping Springs, in honor of the Salt Lick... although Llano has some kick-ass bbq as well. Those'll be the two I'm pulling for.

I'll tty tonight...
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Morning....Convocation was last night and the rooster will crow very early this morning for my daughter's (I will call her Sweet Pea) group. My understanding is that because the number of girls going through recruitment (1098) parties will be staggered and Sweet Pea's group has a 12 hour day ahead of them. All the girls were given pale pink T-Shirts to wear today and most are matching those with khaki shorts per the guidelines set by Texas Panhellenic. They received gallon size ziplock bags last night with ribbons tied to them as handles for all of their things. Some of the group leaders put in a little snack for them and Sweet Pea loaded her bag with things from the list on the thread here earlier this month. She is set to go! They also received a copy of the UT recruitment guide and you can find a copy here.

http://www.texaspanhellenic.org/recruitment.htm

Her roommate (I will call her Sunshine) starts almost two hours later, but was not sure when her parties are over. Sunshine is a legacy to a specific house on campus and she knows it can be a blessing or a curse. I am crossing my fingers it works out beautifully for her and she that she has many blessings during this recruitment.

So to all the PNM's at UT Austin today....have a wonderful day, make many friends, open your hearts, open your minds and close your ears under the tents!

Last edited by in_a_mad_rush; 08-18-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to Sweet Pea and Sunshine! Wow! 1098 is alot! I know my daughter said they have 17 parties today..which start in 10 minutes
Good luck to all of the PNM's and all of the fabulous chapters at UT!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

UT Austin Recruitment

As a Garner fan, I have to vote for Leakey!!!

Does anyone have an idea of how many girls will actually get a spot? Thanks for all this great info!