GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,513
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, baptrickmpitta8
» Online Users: 2,144
2 members and 2,142 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 02-07-2009, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Your Favorite T-shirt...

I've been working on a t-shirt quilt of all of my old Phi Mu shirts and college stuff and I've been enjoying going back and seeing all of the shirts. What's funny is that I remember the "discussions" and down right battles that were held regarding various shirts and themes!

So, Greek Chatters, what is your favorite shirt? What is your least favorite or biggest t-shirt nightmare?

My favorite shirt is the one from "Rush 1995" that had our two letters on the front and then on the back had a vintage picture of Phi Mu's and said "All women were created equal until 1852".

My least favorite was the most hideous Blind Date Informal shirt in the history of the world. It has a dancing fat witch and a creepy dancing vampire on the back and says "The Monster Mash... We all did it... on the dance floor". Not only does it make no sense, the ugliest part is the colors light orange and light green. ICK!

The biggest shirt battle I remember was over state day shirts from 95. We wanted to put the creed on the back. Many protested stating "I cant imagine washing my car in my creed". It was funny.

So...share!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I think this is my favorite shirt. I ordered it myself (like it wasn't a chapter order):

Our bid day shirts this fall got screwed up because whoever ordered them thought they were fitted but they weren't! I think most sorority girls can understand what a fiasco that would be. We gave the NMs the smaller shirts, but I ended up with a large (like a man's large). It was ironic because it said "The Perfect Fit" on it! I ended up tailoring it so it fits now.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
My favorite shirt is a letter shirt and the fabric for the letters has UNC on it with their mascot and such. My favorite chapter t-shirt is probably from our 2008 bid day, they're light blue and the writing is pink and on the back it says "the only way to be, delta g"

I think the biggest nightmare we've experienced was actually before I was a member lol. It was for the fall semester bid day before I joined and they wanted to put a picture of the house on the back and the person doing the shirts ended up putting the negative on instead of the regular picture. I still thought they looked cool though.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:20 PM

My favorite shirt is a Bid Day shirt I got when I joined that was black with pink hibiscus print letters that said "It's not what you've become, but what you've always been."

A close second to that are the matching hoodies I got when I took my Little Sis. It has a really cute purple print with silver backing.

The "nightmare" shirt is actually a shirt that was passed down to me. It's from a date party in like 1998 or something (long before I joined). The story goes that the chapter was planning a "tropical themed date party." They wanted this particular kelly green color green for the shirt color and a specific parrot graphic on the back (a single macaw).

The tee shirt guy called and said that they were out of the tee shirt color AND they couldn't find the graphic. But he assured the date party chair that he had found a really close match for both and that the shirts would look great. So she trusted him.

The shirts arrive and they are NEON GREEN with a parrot, a chameloen, a turtle, a hamburger, and a guy in a hammock on the back. In the middle of all this is "Sigma Date Party 1998." I realize that this is hard to describe via the internet, but trust me when I say it's ugly.

They were so heinous that the entire chapter made an executive decision to NOT wear them on campus or anywhere in public. So they ended up getting handed down to younger girls with the same instructions.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 02-08-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my favorite shirts is one I ordered for our chapter during our Polish Week when I was Membership VP. The front just had basic stuff (sorority name, year, etc) and the back said "Some see the world in black and white; we see it in double blue and gold" The shirt was navy and the words "double blue" were in a light blue outline text and the word "gold" was in gold, while everything else was white text.

I think my least favorite shirt was probably my PC sweatshirt. It was right around the time where hooded sweathshirts were the big thing and I didn't want to be caught dead in a crewneck. Of course ours was a light gray crewneck sweatshirt with a sun embroidered on the upper right corner. I have no idea why they picked a sun because other than being gold it has nothing to do with our sorority, but hey, why not? I pretty much never wore it. The next year we got the new class hooded sweatshirts
Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay for tshirt quilts! What better way to remember a certain era of your life? Where/when I went to school we didn't do tshirts for every event the way it is done in the present day at my D's school. My favorite block letter shirt has the letters made from a medium blue fabric with dark blue keys on it.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jennie3576
my favorite shirt is brand new - the 2009 spring recruitment shirt. it's hot pink with yellow text. the front says "ast" in candy-case striped letters, and on the back it says "the sweetest place to be - est. 1899" in a cutsie font with hearts. soooooo adorable.

lots of bad tshirts....but don't want to get into them......
Old 02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite shirt is the one from Greek day last year. It's a black shirt with white text with our letters vertically on the left chest and a huge Balanced Man logo at the bottom right side of the shirt under the arm.

Worst ever is a sweatshirt that our president bought for his little but he didn't know that he ordered sequined letters. Now we use it as the brother of the week gift and sign it when we get it.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Love, love, love our Alumnae Panhellenic shirts - sign posts with all 26 NPCs listed on arrows, pnm musing with "No matter which way you go, you can't go wrong!" on the back, Greater Katy Alumnae Panhellenic on the front.

Bad shirts? Eh, back in the day they were all a little lame. I remember our "Luau - Texas Style" mixer shirts. A boot and a tropical flower were the extent of the decorative elements.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a lot of favorites, but one is my chapter's "Rock The CASA" shirt to promote our philanthropy event. One of the sisters designed the shirt with "Rock the CASA", our letters, and our symbols all mixed into one very cool design (They don't stand out unless you are looking for them). I will sometimes wear this shirt when I am running errands, and I often get compliements like "What a cool shirt, where did you get that?"

My least favorite shirt would have had to be the bid day shirts from our first formal recruitment. I loved the shirt design, Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffanys was the theme of the shirt and Bid Day. However, the wrong sizes got ordered, and after the PNMs were given their shirts, the sisters had the wear the bid day shirts over other shirts because they didn't fit. Mine was about 2 sizes to small.....so all those bid day pictures are not very flattering...

Old 02-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Unregistered-

Early AGDs to GreekChat might remember my chapter's Surfing Squirrel and Hula Squirrel t-shirts. Those were such a big hit not only to my local college and alumnae chapters, but with the rest of the college and alumnae chapters too! We had so many people wanting them, we ended up selling em on eBay and using the money to send girls to Convention. They were a big hit at the 2001 and 2004 Conventions too!

If hawaiiagd emails pics over, I'll be sure to post them.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite T-shirt was for our barndance. It was a cartoon American Gothic on a tie-dye background. I wore that thing to death. Not the most attractive shirt we ever made, but for some reason I liked it.

My least favorite was one for our Crush Dance. It was a cartoon drawing of a very, um, phallic-looking bottle of Orange Crush.

OTW - please post your T-shirt pics if you get them. Those shirts sound hilarious!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I think this is my favorite shirt. I ordered it myself
I love the Vera pattern! Where did you order it from?

My favorite shirts would have to be our bid day shirts and our sisterhood shirts from this year.
Our bid day shirts were bright blue with hot pink lettering and on the front it said "It's not for everyone" and the back said "But that's the beauty of it." My chapter has always "played it safe" with the bid day slogans, so we decided to not be so safe this year.
Our sisterhood shirts were pink with yellow writing and on the back it said "If you're going to pay for your friends, why not pay for the best?"
Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post
I love the Vera pattern! Where did you order it from?
I got them from GoneGreek.com. You can see a sample of it as you're designing it. I had a really bizarre problem that caused a huge delay with my order. A semi RAN into their building. I eventually got my order but...that's such a weird reason for a delay!

ETA: I have to use Internet Explorer to see the sample window.

Last edited by LucyKKG; 02-08-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
My favorite lettered shirt was a gray t shirt with cloud print fabric on a white backing for the letters. Have no idea where it went.

For bid day, my favorite shirt was probably my Senior year. We decided to do shirts that could be worn for pretty much anything and not be just bid day shirts. We got fitted long sleeved shirts from Old Navy and had them screenprinted with the words "Zeta Girl" in silver. I wore that shirt a lot.

For random social event, the shirts we got for Jr year formal were HILARIOUS. We all had this inside joke in the house that we were "sexy bitches", so the formal chairs actually had a t shirt made that was navy blue and in the upper left chest in the front had Zeta Spring Formal 2001 and on the back in GIANT yellow print said sexy bitches. I never wore it in public but it was SO funny. The seniors wore them to senior bar crawl that year.

T shirt fiasco? That happened when I was Greek Week chair senior year. Our resident artist had graduated and we needed a design for our shirt (we were matched with 2 fraternities) Well a member of one of the fraternities agreed to do the design. Our theme was Hansel and Gretel. Well it was by the skin of my teeth as far as time when I was handing the design in so I didnt look at it as well as I should have. What I briefly saw was just Hansel and Gretel (a rather grotesque and obese version of, but Hansel and Gretel nonetheless) but when I SAW the shirts when they were delivered them the morning of Olympics, I almost hit the floor. Gretel had a candy cane in her mouth and was performing a very lewd act on it. If I had caught it and removed like 1 line from the design, it wouldnt have appeared that way, but I guess I just didnt catch it. It was mortifying.
Loved by a Zeta Psi