GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Nu Xi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,173
4 members and 1,169 guests
flamboyanttree, John, LaneSig

Old 07-01-2003, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfly2001nc
Opps!

Suppose to be:

With all these new chapters, hopefully more people will learn of our organizaton
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-03-2003, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: THETA NU!

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
You all are certainly creating quite a buzz for yourselves on GC great to see

Just a question though, i've heard several of you say that TNX is the first new sorority at Pitt in 14 years (I may have seen a couple different numbers, not sure)....

But Sigma Delta Tau was recolonized (originally colonized in 1950, not sure when it went dormant) at Pitt in 1994 or 1995 (in their stairwell in Amos they have the names of the founding class and the dates).

Make sure you get in touch with the new greek advisor whenever she starts her postion, I'm really hoping for good things from her!
Hey girl,
I am the originator of that 14 years information, I actually got that from the old Director of Student Activities, Joe Capella. He told me that um 2 years ago when I first appraoched him about starting a chapter of Theta Nu Xi at pitt.

I understand what you're saying about Sigma Delta Tau, that is the same situation for Zeta Beta Tau at Pitt which was only brought back um 4 years ago...but I guess by school standards, if you're "re-founding"(I dont know if thats a real word) a greek organization you dont count as the origional founders or dont get the recognition for bringing a "new sorority" to Pitt.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
Re: Re: Re: THETA NU!

Quote:
Originally posted by TNX_Tigerlily
Hey girl,
I am the originator of that 14 years information, I actually got that from the old Director of Student Activities, Joe Capella. He told me that um 2 years ago when I first appraoched him about starting a chapter of Theta Nu Xi at pitt.

I understand what you're saying about Sigma Delta Tau, that is the same situation for Zeta Beta Tau at Pitt which was only brought back um 4 years ago...but I guess by school standards, if you're "re-founding"(I dont know if thats a real word) a greek organization you dont count as the origional founders or dont get the recognition for bringing a "new sorority" to Pitt.

Thanks for clearing that up sis! Now all we have to do is get the rest of the colony on here and we can have our own board!! Ttys!
Old 07-03-2003, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

It's a good thing to have TNX sisters on GC! It gives a different perspective to certain things and the people here are GREAT!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Cool a few random thoughts

Hey ladies!!

After exploring a few pages on Theta Nu Xi, all I can say is WOW what a cool sorority!!

But you know what's sad to me? I think EVERY sorority should be multicultural. And I know that on many campuses, regular sororities ARE diverse, but not so on my campus. In my almost four years at college I have not seen one black, hispanic, etc member in ANY of the 5 sororities. I'm not saying they are racist; I figure these groups don't try to Rush.

I just wish ALL sororities were as diverse as ONE is. I'm VERY VERY proud to say, however, that all 3 music GLOs here (Sigma Alpha Iota, Tau Beta Sigma, and Phi Mu Alpha)are, and always have been, VERY diverse! We have had all kinds of girls in SAI, from black to white, American to Russian(we had a sister who was an AWESOME classical pianist from Russia), etc. My big sis is black, and so was my pledge twin. I LOVE our diversity! I just wish I could see this happening in all GLOs on campus.

Kudos to being such a wonderful, diverse sorority!! We have no multicultural sororities here. I hope one day someone will start ONE or a similar group here!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Re: a few random thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by sairose
Hey ladies!!

After exploring a few pages on Theta Nu Xi, all I can say is WOW what a cool sorority!!

But you know what's sad to me? I think EVERY sorority should be multicultural. And I know that on many campuses, regular sororities ARE diverse, but not so on my campus. In my almost four years at college I have not seen one black, hispanic, etc member in ANY of the 5 sororities. I'm not saying they are racist; I figure these groups don't try to Rush.

I just wish ALL sororities were as diverse as ONE is. I'm VERY VERY proud to say, however, that all 3 music GLOs here (Sigma Alpha Iota, Tau Beta Sigma, and Phi Mu Alpha)are, and always have been, VERY diverse! We have had all kinds of girls in SAI, from black to white, American to Russian(we had a sister who was an AWESOME classical pianist from Russia), etc. My big sis is black, and so was my pledge twin. We have a sister who is married, one who has a baby, etc. Some of us are very religious, some aren't. Some of us are thin, some of us are athletic, some of us are on the larger size. I LOVE our diversity! I just wish I could see this happening in all GLOs on campus.

Kudos to being such a wonderful, diverse sorority!! We have no multicultural sororities here. I hope one day someone will start ONE or a similar group here!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for such nice words!!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I KNOW yall are excited about convention!!! I need to brush up on the National Party Walk!!! I can't wait to see all of my sisters rep!!!

THETA NU!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi my Beautiful Butterflies!!!!

I had a blast at convention. It was great to meet you all. Nadaira,sorry I didn't get to talk to you more. I wanted to take a picture you.

ONE luv
Old 09-08-2003, 04:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Ahhhhh!!! What a beautiful time!!!! THETA NU....!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

awww....

Makeda- next time we'll take a pic together!!! Glad to finally me you and everyone else in TNX that is on GC!!!

ONE Luv!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Exclamation

Y'all need to head over HERE and get excited excited for your org!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ONElove
HI everyone!

I haven;t posted on greek chat in awhile and I remember when I first started coming here I really wanted us to have our own folder...and now we finally do =)..yay!

Anyways..I'm a sister of the Eta Chapter at Va TEch
Crossed Fall 2001
#3 Frantic Dreamer
Kollective Kismet

I was also at convention so maybe I met some of ya'll there

Hope to talk to everyone more soon!

Antonya
Old 10-09-2003, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

heeh

Hey, roomie!!! How are things going?