GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,243
2 members and 1,241 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-19-2001, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Being as that I am in a astoundingly good mood today:

Cheers to all, but especially the wonderful people on GC. For the most part the threads are entertaining and informative and I have noticed that people are always willing to help out with wonderful advice
Old 12-20-2001, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Jeers to the powers that be at Clarion University who have outlawed mixers. How sad a disappointing that they are trying to crush the greek system by forbidding socializing between the groups. Apparently, they believe that mixers = drinking and by discontinuing all mixers the underage drinking problem will be miraculously solved. Sad. (If I have been misinformed and this is not the situation or the rationale for it, by all means fill me in. I ma interested to hear what is going on).

Cheers to this great site that I just found out about through a sis. Cheers to her too for pointing me in this direction!
Old 12-21-2001, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GG93
Jeers to the powers that be at Clarion University who have outlawed mixers. How sad a disappointing that they are trying to crush the greek system by forbidding socializing between the groups. Apparently, they believe that mixers = drinking and by discontinuing all mixers the underage drinking problem will be miraculously solved. Sad. (If I have been misinformed and this is not the situation or the rationale for it, by all means fill me in. I ma interested to hear what is going on).
Dont worry babydoll. They thought the same thing when they enacted drinking age laws, and when they enacted risk mgmt rules. Nothin changed, we still having a good time.
Old 12-22-2001, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GmuTeke
Cheers to all the new Tekes that have popped up on this board in recent months

Jeers to one person in particular who passed himself off as a Teke and wrote inflammatory hazing remarks

Cheers to all the GC'ers, esp SigmaChiCard, who saw through the hate and the pettiness of the previous poster, and realized that we Tekes are more than hazing maniacs
Old 07-20-2002, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Time to bump this thread to the front again.
Old 07-20-2002, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Cheers to Delta Sig for throwing an AWESOME party Tuesday night! For a Tuesday night during the SUMMER (when 97% of students leave town to go home), the party was blazin.

Cheers to getting in touch with my old high school friend Jenny and finding out she's in Gamma Phi Beta

Jeers to members of my house who are "content" and "comfortable" with the state of my chapter now, when we're the smallest house and could be (AND WILL BE NEXT FALL) a LOT better.

Cheers all the houses on the new fraternity row. Next year will be big for every house.

Jeers to a certain Latin fraternity puting up a gate after moving in, thus blocking the walkway next to Theta that we used when one of my brothers lived across the street. You're USFC, don't try and go above IFC. Be lucky you have a chapter house when you don't deserve one.

Cheers to all the Alpha Phis, AChiOs, Thetas, Pi Phis and Sigma Kappas that came to our 4:20 party, a night NOT soon to be forgotten.

Cheers to our Alumni. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.
Old 07-20-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Cheers to all the DGs on GC who offer wonderful advice and stories to share!! ITB!

Jeers to my 2nd VP Recruitment on Panhellenic for choosing to consistently lie to me about not being able to come to meetings in order to for the rest of council to be updated on the plans for recruitment.

Cheers to the Lambda Chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma who are celebrating their 125th anniversary of being on The University of Akron's campus this year.
Old 07-20-2002, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Cheers to the sisters of Pi Phi Arkansas Beta who worked so hard to make it through a rough semester...

Cheers to the GLO's at UALR who stood by us!

Jeers to acts of god that fry the equipment at work!

Jeers to the girls I saw drinking in their letters from another University last night

To MTV's Sorority Life.... just because!

TG
Old 07-20-2002, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Jeers to our Pi Phi coaches who, after we lost to Sammy BAD at Arrowspike, ditched us and left us alone at the beach (and haven't spoken with us since) when they were all cool with us beforehand.

Last edited by DeltaSigStan; 07-20-2002 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2002, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Cheers to all GCers and the great stories you've all been posting lately!

Jeers to missing my sisters who live far away

Cheers to those who are rushing this year! I am so excited to hear where everyone ends up!

And cheers to those of us who will be rushing people (especially first-time rushers, like me!) The more sisters, the better

(On that note, anyone who has advice for me since it will be my first time on the other side of rush, PM me)
Old 07-21-2002, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
cheers to all the Phi Sigma Sigmas out there. Thanks for the opportunity for this grad student to join a sorority

cheers to the Iota Gamma Chapter founding sisters

jeers to the new sorority coming on campus that was so obviously hazing even after the office of student life talked to them about it. They need to be aware a sorority was just pulled from campus for hazing

cheers to my campus for enforcing the hazing rule

cheers to a fantastic recruitment year coming up for all of the greeks

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 07-21-2002, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Cheers to my sisters and Delt Sigs who came to my bonfire get together last nite.

Jeers to my other friends who didn't come to take advantage of the rare event of my parents being out of town.

Cheers to the Tekes who walked away from the stupid GDI's who were trying to fight them because the guys were trying to boot them from their party for good reasons.

Jeers to GDI's who start fights with brothers who are throwing the parties. If you're gettin kicked out of the party, it's for a good reason. Example: Smoking weed in the corner of the party hall.

Cheers to Delta Zeta alumnae (?) Kristen, aka UMD's Panhel Advisor, for coming up with a great way to kick off Rush. Didn't think mixing members of all 3 sororities in groups for the first day was gona work. Instead of being sorority against sorority, the first day has turned into room against room! I can't wait!

Jeers to myself for gettin minimal amount of sleep this weekend.

Cheers to Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Mu, Phi Sigma Sigma, Delta Sigma Phi, Tau Kappa Epsilon, and Theta Tau for being outstanding Greeks... good luck to all during Fall Rush!

KLTC
Old 07-21-2002, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Cheers to Phi Kappa Psi on celebrating its Sesquicentennial (150 years) this year!

Cheers to the Brothers of the California Beta chapter of Phi Kappa Psi who will be moving into a houst this fall 27 years after Stanford took away their original chapter house!

Jeers to Stanford for not being as supportive to the Greek system as it could be by not allowing more housing for fraternities and sororities!

Cheers to the brothers of Sigma Nu at Stanford who will be getting a house next fall! They are a great chapter and well deserving of housing!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Jeers to no one ever responding to any of my threads!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:21 PM

Cheers to my little for coming down over the weekend.

Jeers to the a-hole frat guy (and yes that is derogatory) we met from "Giant State University" who called his bros from other chapters geeks and bragged about his chapter's hazing....grr.