GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,496
1 members and 1,495 guests
haleyjuniroz689

Old 09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Happy 1000th post, Marissa! We (especially I) love you too!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool 3000th post!!!

That's a great eek, lol.

I noticed I was getting close the other day and wanted to watch where I posted the big one!

Thank y'all for being here/there when I've needed you..and know that I want to be there for y'all!!

Loyally !!
Lynn
Old 10-04-2005, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations, Lynn!!! Watch out, I'm coming right behind you on 3000!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Unregistered-

Tonight was date night with the BF. Yes, holy yes, Sandy has a BF.

Dinner resulted in a huge spat for some reason. Can't remember why. It's not even important now. Resulted in,

"Hey, I'm going to the bar, and if we're gonna be throwing out fightin' words, I don't want you to come with me. Maybe I'll meet you home later. Maybe." -- said me.

It was our first fight. Let me just say that the only thing that got me home on that drive sanely was a song. "Thunder Road" -- the acoustic piano version. I had it on repeat 6 times.

The whole time I thought of greeklawgirl and everything the song stood for. The memories.

Love you, Maria! I'm okay now.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OTW
Let me just say that the only thing that got me home on that drive sanely was a song. "Thunder Road" -- the acoustic piano version. I had it on repeat 6 times.

The whole time I thought of greeklawgirl and everything the song stood for. The memories.

Love you, Maria! I'm okay now.
I love how you immediately qualify yourself by saying "I'm okay now" because you know that if you hadn't put it in, I would have dropped everything to call.

I'm so happy that I was able to help you even if it was in an indirect way and I didn't even know I was doing it at the time. I love you too, hon!

(I love this thread. Its like the GC version of big hugs.)
Old 10-05-2005, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

While we're at it...

I just want to tell Erin S that she makes me feel really great because she will PM me now and then and will just see how I am doing. I love that. Erin S. ROCKS!
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 10-07-2005, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

hey

I think that Arin T rocks!! THanks for keeping me posted on the collegiate front. YOu know that I will ALWAYS be in your face asking questions when Recruitment starts in January!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Unregistered-

Yesterday, the Hawai`i alums held our annual Alpha Gam Always at the beautiful Kahala home of Leah Davis Rowland -- a "1930ish" Westminster College initiate.

I hadn't realized how much I was missing out on when I skipped out on alum events just because I had to work. I missed so many wine bottlings, winetastings, Color me Mines, etc.

It's always a blast to hear our "Slightly Older Sisters" talk about Alpha Gam "in their day". Seeing them talk about the looseness of this generation was also hilarious -- apparently they just saw the new Cameron Diaz movie.

I can't wait till the next event!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I love Connie YB!!

It's wonderful to know that your president listens to you and can present your chapter's views when the NPC prez's get together!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Went to a GPhi/Atl Alumnae Chapter dessert night last night. Hooked up with a GPhi alumnae that I haven't seen since about 1987 when I took over being Corresp. Sec. from her.

Her dau is now our sister.....and the sister mother of another Phi alumna's daughter!!

Old 11-11-2005, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Gamma Tau Welcomes 23 New Sisters!

Yea...got home before midnight, lol.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Where are the other post-ers?

Was over at the hall tonight, waiting on an officer to come for training (she never showed up).

Anyway while I was waiting, I looked in a bound book of old Quarterlys, specifically 1970-72.

I was able to read about Gamma Rho, Gamma Sigma, Gamma Tau (104 YEA!!) and Alpha Omega installations.

There was a lot more articles about specific sisters, events, Alpha Gam man, Kappa Delta Pi (?) back then.

Also.....remember when Neil Armstrong and the other guys were on the moon and they called back, and "Houston" answered "Roger!"....well..I can't remember his name but his mom's an Alpha Gam!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Where are the other post-ers?

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn
Was over at the hall tonight, waiting on an officer to come for training (she never showed up).

Anyway while I was waiting, I looked in a bound book of old Quarterlys, specifically 1970-72.

I was able to read about Gamma Rho, Gamma Sigma, Gamma Tau (104 YEA!!) and Alpha Omega installations.

There was a lot more articles about specific sisters, events, Alpha Gam man, Kappa Delta Pi (?) back then.

Also.....remember when Neil Armstrong and the other guys were on the moon and they called back, and "Houston" answered "Roger!"....well..I can't remember his name but his mom's an Alpha Gam!
Kappa Delta Pi as in the education honor society? Not sure if there is another KDP out there.....
Old 12-31-2006, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Alphagamuga and I met for lunch the other day and talked for 2 hours!

(Actually, we "met" at the post office because she recognized my AGD license plate.)

Afterwards I went to Coldwater Creek to use one of my gift cards. Then to the bank..where I realized that I didn't have my wallet..rushed back to CC and then Mellow Mushroom...where it was on the floor under the table, thank goodnesss!)
Old 01-01-2007, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Lunch was fun!

I'm glad the wallet was still there, and I hope you got everything you wanted at Coldwater Creek.