GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,466
1 members and 1,465 guests
AOIIalum

Old 11-11-2004, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Tau and AGD have 22 new beautiful sisters!
Old 12-29-2004, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Met a wonderful Mu AGD tonight!!! Who wants to work with my chapter!! And her grandmother is an AGD!

She says she's a GC lurker so, hopefully, she'll actually post!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

yea

I get to hang with one of my fav sisters on saturday. she just broke things off with her fiance and is in desperate need of a girls night out. any sisters in the cincy area we are heading to either mt adams or mt lookout! PM me if you want to meet us. this girls needs so support. she helped me totally when i was pregnant
Old 02-23-2005, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Atlanta until December then it will be off to Durham
Send a message via AIM to bbmg33
I cried!!

I just signed up for greekchat.com. I haven't really been much a part of my chapter since I left VSU. I did not want to join a sorority when I first went to college. After meeting the girls of Alpha Gam, I knew I could not do anything else but join. I lost my father just before I went to college and the girls really helped me get through the tough time I was going through.

This helped remind me of what it truly meant to be an Alpha Gam and why I joined in the first place. Thank you so much for the reminder of how great all of us Alpha Gamma Delta girls really are.

LiEP-

Kristina
Old 02-27-2005, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got back from a wonderful TLC. It was terrific to see sisters of all ages so enthusiastic about our Fraternity.

One of the best lines I heard was from a chapter sister who has served in a variety of Fraternity positions, on the collegiate and IHQ level.

We were talking about increasing alumnae participation. Her comment was "What was it that I heard during Initation that the others didn't about this being a lifetime committment?"

No matter the Greek organization, we all take basically the same vow to stay involved. We just have to make sure we do it!

Inspire the Woman. Impact the World!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad TLC inspired you, Lynn. I think it was successful in doing that for our area too.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

SEPC

SE Panhellenic Conference

Registration $50
Parking $5
Bonding with Rie and Cinda at dinner Priceless

Also great to sit with NPC officers and advisors
Old 05-14-2005, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

This was totally cool!!

As I previously mentioned the new Pres of the Atlanta Alumnnae Panhellenic Assoc. is from our Alpha Alpha (UNY Buffalo).

Today at the installation (there were 11 Alpha Gams there!)...I was sitting with her daughter in law who is also a GTau like me. We were talking about alumnae from her era. ..She mentioned Dawn Diniger.turns out she works on movies as a special effects/makeup artist. She is working on the Chronicles of Narnia (The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe) film. She was on an episode of JAG a couple of years ago as an emergency fill-in for someone who didn't show up and she had 3 lines but Holly didn't read her email in time to see it, lol.

Also..she also mentioned that another GTau is a Program Dir for Channnel 46, CBS affliate in Atl but she wasn't sure.

Last edited by AGDLynn; 05-14-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I sent out an email the other day to my sister Gamma Tau alumnae and received one answer back that it was a good thing I sent it when I did because she is retiring Friday and no longer would be able to access her school email!

Anyway, she was one of the original Gamma Tau's so I was asking if she remembered when Sigma Chi Omega (local) became Gamma Tau Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta in 1971..

"I had just graduated when everything was final for us to go with Alpha Gamma Delta and because I had been so active and was friends with an Alpha Gam from another college I decided to take the plunge with my Sigma Chi Omega sisters. I can tell you that "we" actually were contacted or "courted" by several groups but Alpha Gamma Delta - as I remember it - seemed more serious and a better fit for us. That was the time that the college had given the OK for National groups and most were wanting to attach to a group that was already up and running rather that starting form scratch. Guys went first (of course) then the girls. I actually graduated in June 1970 but of course was still close with many of the Sigma Chi Omega girls and I was continuing on to get my MEd. so would be around. Can't believe it has been this long - seems like just yesterday.

Okay....I noticed I've been most of the last few post-ers...someone else's turn!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, I'll bite! I had posted that some sisters from my alumnae club were participitating in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk (2 day) in Chicago. Well, it was the first weekend in June and one of the sisters emailed this out:

Dearest Friends and Family:

Thank you again for your support of this year's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I am very happy to report back to you from the event!

This year's walk went really well and even had a few surprises in store for us! On June 4th we got up at 4:30am so we could get to Soldier Field for opening ceremonies by 6:00am. Opening ceremonies provided us with some stretching and safety information before a five-time survivor of cancer spoke with us about her journey. She shared an amazing story and reminded us that we walk so that others will be able to survive and a cure can be found. We found out there were over 2,000 walkers, of whom 195 were breast cancer survivors. It was also announced that we had raised over 5.4 million dollars in the Chicago walk!

After a wonderful send off, we began our walk up the lakeshore. It was a little hazy, but still beautiful. We learned a lesson from last year- start at the front of the pack! We were able to make great time and were ahead of our time last year by two hours! It was great fun to walk with my sister Angie, Alpha Gam sisters Andrea and Shannon, and our new friend Tracy who we met at the walk last year.

When we reached mile 13, the sun was out and the haze was gone. It was really warm, but Angie and I decided to keep walking. We wanted to complete the 26.4 miles that day. As we passed mile 17, we felt something with the weather was changing. Instead of heat, we were feeling cold gusts of air. A big thunderstorm was on the way. We kept walking hoping we could make it to the next rest stop. As we were getting our rain gear on, the downpour started. We managed to find shelter under some trees next to a house. Angie and I decided to wait it out a bit. We even had a few other walkers join us under the trees. As the rain slowed, we decided to go ahead but it didn't stop us from getting soaked. We made it to the 18.4 mark and rest stop. At that point our shoes were drenched and we risked getting many blisters so we decided to stop there.

We got a ride back to the Wellness Village where things were very wet but everyone was in great spirits. There were no gray skies or rain that could ruin this event. We were walking for our loved ones, in memory of mothers and in hope for our daughters. The strength and power of people rallying around a cause is amazing.

The morning of the 5th came early as we were up by 6:00am. We ate a big breakfast and started out again on the route at 7:30am. The second day, I found myself having the same issues with my feet as last year. I walked much slower and in more pain this day. Tracy walked with me this day as Angie, Andrea and Shannon had a great pace going. When we finally reached the second rest stop, I needed a break so Tracy and I caught the bus to lunch. We were able to catch up with the rest of the crew and eat together. At lunch, I iced my feet and took some more Advil. I was ready for the last 3.5 miles of the walk to closing ceremonies. As we walked back up the shoreline and neared Soldier Field and the finish line, it was a great feeling. For 2 blocks, people lined the sidewalks and cheered us in to the finish. I knew what was coming from my experience last year, but was still overwhelmed with emotions. Overall, I had completed 28 miles of the

At closing ceremonies, all the walkers marched in together cheered on by family members and friends. We witnessed five organizations received funding for their programs as a result of your generosity. They were all so appreciative and one woman was in tears as she received a check to fund mammography stations in high-risk areas where there is limited access to health care.

I will never forget these moments and plan to participate whenever possible for this cause. Thank you again for your support and for sponsoring me so I could walk. I know that Ginny and Marylou are thankful that I walk in their honor. May they continue to be successful in their fight against breast cancer. I hope you will enjoy looking at my pictures from the event. Below you will find the address that will take you to my pictures.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...5&x=0&y=iruaml

Hope. Togetherness. Celebrate. Tribute. Beauty. And a blister or two. We helped women and men here, now and forever.

Love to all,
Amber

The two women that she dedicated her walk to are also Alpha Gams, one of whom is the resident supervisor at Alpha Beta. Amber was the CA for Alpha Beta for the last several years but is leaving us to go to grad school in Florida. She is from Texas originally (I don't remember which chapter, sorry). We are going to miss her so much because she is so dedicated to Alpha Gamma Delta and is truly a wonderful person.

LIEP,

Dee
Old 06-24-2005, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I was reading the whole thread today after meeting a few of my sisters for coffee that live near me. I've realized that no matter how many stupid, petty arguments/drama that they are always there for me--for first dates and break-ups, for the best days of my life, for the worst, for anytime I ever need them. There has been so many times when I have dropped what I am doing to go on a walk with a sister needing a talk and many more times that as sister has done the same for me. I love them so much and miss them so much more this summer--not really sure why more this year, I got to know them better and I'll be a senior next year.
I've had such an amazing time as a collegian and do not want to ever leave these amazing last couple of years--its hard to imagine life after living in a sorority will a bunch of girls who will help me chose clothes to wear on first dates to laying on the floor for hours watching stupid movies!
Okay, random thoughts for me...just wanted to express how much I love my collegiate sisters
Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Was talking with a Chapter sister that I haven't talked with in a few years.. She was telling about a conversation she had with a non-AGD friend. The friend was complaining about a lack of friends. Julie commented, "You have to cultivate friendships"
Old 07-03-2005, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, so yesterday was July 2nd and hubby and I are FINALLY going to the pool for the first time all summer...thanks to rain, other priorities and not in the mood.

As we walk in, the pool person is not immediately at the sign-in table.

Hubby: There's an Alpha Gam.
Me: Where!
Hubby: Over there in the green shirt that says "Alpha Gamma Delta". (The cute Centennial shirt.)
Me; "I don't see her".
Hubby: "Are you wearing your prescription sunglasses" (Knowing full well that I am".
Me" "Yes but I still don't see her".
Hubby; "You're looking in the wrong direction..she's over there!!"

Finally I see her and realize that she's the pool person!

She's from Theta Delta. (NGa).

We start chatting and I realize that we had met last summer when I was lying face down on the lounge chair and noticed Alpha Gam flipflops walk by.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonight is Alpha Gam Always night! We're making bid day bags for the women who will be accepting bids to AB and ZA in a couple weeks, having ice cream sundaes and chatting up a storm. I can't wait to see my alumnae sisters again!

Dee
Old 09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
I just thought I'd use this forum for my 1000th post.

I honestly can't believe that I have been on this board for almost 4 years now. I also can't believe the depth of the friendships that I have found with women I communicate through the computer and the phone.

I originally came to GC after tranfering from my chapter and not having a chapter to call my own. GC and the women here have become that chapter and shown me all of the great things about being an alum.

Thank you all so much for these last four years. I love you!

- marissa
A GD