GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,203
3 members and 1,200 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 08-11-2003, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I found this rememberance in the news. But I thought this would be best placed here. It reminds me that our friendships and connections made through Alpha Gamma Delta are for life, our lives and those of our sisters.

Excerpt[click here for full story]
Because of Corinne I pledged Alpha Gamma Delta at Tallahassee. I figured that if she saw the value in that sisterhood, I wanted to be a part of it. Her obituaries do not mentioned her fraternity affiliation. Yes, fraternity is correct. Somewhere along the line sorority became the vernacular, but that extraction is Latin, and in the Greek system the correct word is fraternity. So many from Lake Wales who were members are no longer living, so it is up to me to mention that part of her life.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Feeling the sisterhood when Boston and Oakland were playing tonight!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn
Feeling the sisterhood when Boston and Oakland were playing tonight!
i would like to apologize for my psychoticness in chat last night!!! i was a little concerned that my boys would blow it!!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I don't know how to feel about the game... I guess I am glad that Boston won so that the Yankee's can now beat them again... but I know that if the Yankee's lose to them then I will not hear the end of it until next year (boyfriend is a big Yank fan and will morn the injustice (or whatever)).

It was exciting, that is foresure!

Well... I don't really care... but I guess by connection I will have to say GO YANKEE'S!
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 10-07-2003, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by GtownGirl98
Well... I don't really care... but I guess by connection I will have to say GO YANKEE'S!
uumm, i think you mean COWBOY UP SOX!!. but i'll allow that mistake for the moment...
Old 10-07-2003, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

If I cant cheer for the Braves, I will cheer for the Red Sox!! At least one of my teams are still in the running!!
Old 01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sarahthegam
I just want to say that this is my first day on here but I have read some of the things that you guys have put on here and I love it! It is awesome that even though all of our family is spread we can still keep contact with all of our sisters! Much Alpha Gam love!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
hey - glad to see you here sarah - hope you post in the roll call section!

alpha gam love and mine,
marissa
A GD
Old 02-01-2004, 01:03 AM
cutiepatootie

I am not a AGD ( though a syracuse triad sister) and i read that and i thought was sooo beautiful.. i hope you don't mind me barging in on your thread and board here but i thought it was soooooooo sweet and made me cryl!

Laura
Old 02-06-2004, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Sisterhood in Florida

Some of us GC'ers are going to Gamma Beta this weekend for a recruitment seminar weekend which looks awesome! I finally get to meet some GC'ers for the 1st time and reconnect with those I've alreadh met (who I'm not sure remember meeting me, lol).

Hope the weather clears up because it it totally crappy here.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Have a great time!
Old 02-11-2004, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Got a change of address from a GTau. Turns out she used to live in my subd. She was a German exchange student living with a family when she went to West Ga. ...which turns out the mom is a Pi Phi that is in my panhellenic group. I had dropped a newsletter off at her house but hadn't actually met her!
Old 03-11-2004, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Met a sweet and cute Theta Delta! She graduated in Dec. and has moved back home to Cton. She came by the AGD hall and met the collegians. Turns out she went to school with a couple of them (who had just graduated) and met someone who graduated last year and they know the same people.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

IRD - Gamma Tau

Couldn't have asked for better weather!! Had a BBQ. Glad to see alumnae coming back. Inspirational talk from Theresa Stephens Stapler who wears the Arc of EP with Diamonds and professionally bunches of state and national Teacher of the Year Awards.

Afterwards we went back to the hall and saw the awesome recrutment video from last year. Can't wait to see the next one.

Talk about "You were meant to be an AGD"...turns out when Theresa was a collegiate, as a education major, she had to observe a "student". Guess who that was....Angela...the other co-Chapter Advisor....who was in preschool!!!

Oh, and I am thrilled to receive the Heart of Alpha Gamma Delta Award! I can add that to my badge!
Old 04-03-2004, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on your Heart of Alpha Gamma Delta, Lynn!

We had a wonderful IRD in Michigan too! Dottie Skinner, former Grand President was our speaker and she gave a wonderful talk about the history of Alpha Gamma Delta, where AGD has been, the challenges AGD has faced and how, through it all, Our Purpose has never changed and is still relevant today. I had goosebumps as she spoke of the past and how we don't know what the next 100 years will bring, but that we must be prepared for anything. She was awesome!

Sadly, my sister-daughter, who I carpooled with, lives with her aunt who is dying of cancer. She received a call while we were at IRD that she needed to come home and we left early. Her aunt is under the care of hospice now. Her aunt is like a second mother to her so please say some prayers for her family.

LIEP,

Dee