GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,175
2 members and 1,173 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 03-31-2019, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Sad news

I read that the young lady who was kidnapped from a popular area in Columbia, SC, near USC's campus and later found murdered was an Alpha Gamma Delta. Please accept my condolences to all of her sisters. She was going to graduate in a couple of months and then go to law school. Such a promising future taken away. A suspect was caught the next day. Your sister had ordered an Uber and thought the suspect's car was her Uber ride.

[I accidentally posted this in the Alpha Delta Gamma forum. I decided to just copy what I posted instead of waiting on a moderator to move it. Patience is not my strong suit!]
Old 04-01-2019, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Wherever it’s posted, it’s so tragic. My sincere sympathies to her Alpha Gam sisters and her family.
And PLEASE, let this tragedy be a reminder to STICK TOGETHER when you all go out (and I know it’s easy to get separated) and please confirm with your UBER driver your info before you get in. (But who would think somebody would be circling looking for waiting riders?)
Old 04-01-2019, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Good advice. It is a tragedy, and I am just sick about it.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

So awful. I read a news article about this and her father is just heartbroken.

True and Constant
Old 04-01-2019, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't even imagine, navane.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

She was in my daughter's chapter, although I believe she was no longer active. There are a lot of news trucks/reporters outside the Alpha Gam house and everyone is really on edge. It's a sad and scary time for the students down there, but unfortunately, these things happen. The biggest take away is what PGD-GRAD said--ALWAYS check your ride's tag and info before getting into the car and compare it with your app, and ALWAYS ask them who they are there to pick up. This happened in front of a lot of kids and nobody saw anything that looked out of the ordinary--it was very easy for this predator to do. Fortunately, he was very stupid and was caught quickly. It's just a devastating situation because it could have been anyone's daughter (or son). Mine was out in that same area the same night.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

OldFLDDD, I am so sad for your daughter and all the Alpha Gams. Even if she was no longer active, she was still a friend. I'm glad your daughter is OK.