GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,140
0 members and 2,140 guests
No Members online

Old 09-08-2002, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Family Names

Hey all you beautiful ladies, I was wondering if other DG chapters had families (little sis, big sis, grand big ect.) and if so what are your names? My family name is the Angel family. Our matriarch of the family (grandma as we called her) has graduated and now my big sister is the new head (now called grandma) by following the direct lineage. My family is one of the biggest in our chapter. How big are the families in other chapters? How creative are the family names? Let me know cause I'm interested. If it is too personal or deals with top secret stuff PM me.

Delta Gamma
Eta Delta Chapter
Kelly
Old 09-08-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Only one of our families actually named themselves, The Magnolia Belles... We're currently looking for a name for ours, though, now that we're the largest.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

I'm bumping this cause I think this is a good thread that deserves a chance.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

My family is trying to come up with a name...our chapter usually just calls families by their matriarch's last name. Now that I'm 5th year alumna, my little is the head of the family but she has "twins". Her twins don't want to have their families have different names, so we're trying to come up with something so they'll have the same name.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTracy
Our families names are Lifesavers (which is mine!), BWA, Skipper, and Beach. Only BWA knows what that means. They're also the biggest family I think.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to intrude....

But I thought this really partained to my chapter.

I am in the biggest familiy in my house on campus, and we are the Butterflies. We all have the same letters, a grey T-shirt, with the same purple and black butterfly pattern, with purple border and purple embroidery "Lil Sis" "Big Sis" "Twinnie"...

There are other families that have "Family" letters of Grateful Dead bears, smilie faces, or jsut certain color compbinations...

Just thought I'd share! Sorry to intrude with my Phi Mu-ness! Take care!

Pink is my signature color. ~ Steel Magnolias.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Yeah, sorry to butt in, but I just wanted to say that we have "family letter shirts" too! No family names, unfortunately, but each family chose its own letter shirt design this semester and we're hoping it'll continue. I guess I'm the old lady of my family now...my big is gone and I'm the first little she got (there's two more co-littles besides me). Anyone else do the shirt thing?
Old 10-01-2002, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

DZ... There are actually some families in our chapter that do that, too. I think it's actually a cute idea. I also like the whole idea of having "legacy" gifts.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

We have a legacy shirt at my chapter too. In my family there is a sweatshirt that has now been worn by 6 generations, including my Lil Sister. Everyone in the house knows this shirt goes from first Little to first Little in our family line, and it's a big deal at 3D when they get handed down. It's so ratty now! But it's COMFY! I took it to Germany when I studied abroad, and on spring break, so I could get pictures of that set of letters around the world! It's a great tradition to pass letters down!

Pink is my signature color. ~ Steel Magnolias.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

I knew this was going to be a good thread.

Some sisters in my chapter have family t-shirts to go along with their family name or mascot. Ex: Daisy, Gems, Sunflowers, Rockstars, Pioneer, Superstar ect.

I am going to start a new family tradition, but I don't want to give it away yet in case any of my chapter sisters read this thread.

-Kelly
Eta Delta chapter
Delta Gamma
Old 10-07-2002, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DG515 Send a message via Yahoo to DG515
We have families that can trace themselves down through "generations". We've got the seashell family (that's mine), the rose family, the anchor family, the sailboat family, and the lighthouse family.