GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,385
2 members and 2,383 guests
AOIIalum

Old 05-25-2010, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

My face when speed metal is recommended.

Also, neoclassical, symphonic/melodic power metal and UK Hardcore dance music is awesome for that too

Last edited by XAntoftheSkyX; 05-25-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-25-2010, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
But that's part of her hypothetical - that there wouldn't be any yucky side effects. That would include your legal meds as well.
Hmmm. If I had no experience taking meds or possibility of side effects? I don't know. I don't get "good feelings" from legal meds that typically make people "high", so who knows if they'd work on me lol. However, my nausea medication makes me forget words. That can be entertaining!!

If I had to liken this to drinking (which I can't do anymore), I DO miss getting a wine buzz. Wine is good. I miss it!!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never done drugs and I never will, nor would I want to even try any, even if I wouldn't get addicted and/or sick.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I've never done drugs and I never will, nor would I want to even try any, even if I wouldn't get addicted and/or sick.
Do you include caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes in there? Just curious as that hypocrisy (in ourselves) is what made my coworkers and I ask the question.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone else look at the Title "Hypothetical Qs - Drugs" and wonder why someone cares what it would have been like someone named Drugs had joined Omega Psi Phi?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Does anyone else look at the Title "Hypothetical Qs - Drugs" and wonder why someone cares what it would have been like someone named Drugs had joined Omega Psi Phi?
Ha, didn't even think of that. No connection meant of course
Old 05-25-2010, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Do you include caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes in there? Just curious as that hypocrisy (in ourselves) is what made my coworkers and I ask the question.
I don't smoke, I never have and I never will. I got drunk one time when I was in undergrad (peer pressure) and I got really sick (never again). I mean, I'll have a beer when I go to a baseball game, but other than that I don't drink alcohol. I do drink a lot of coffee, but that's because I had to study a lot when I was doing my classroom work, plus I've been studying a lot for my board exam. I was talking about the illegal drugs and alcohol abuse. I'll never do that.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't smoke, I never have and I never will. I got drunk one time when I was in undergrad (peer pressure) and I got really sick (never again). I mean, I'll have a beer when I go to a baseball game, but other than that I don't drink alcohol. I do drink a lot of coffee, but that's because I had to study a lot when I was doing my classroom work, plus I've been studying a lot for my board exam. I was talking about the illegal drugs and alcohol abuse. I'll never do that.
*nod* I understand. My envisioning of this was what if instead of drinking socially (not being an alcoholic) people did drugs socially with as minimal repercussions. Similarly instead of caffeine what if people tried meth instead. Kind of a fun idea to play with. Makes me want to write something.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I do drink a lot of coffee, but that's because I had to study a lot when I was doing my classroom work, plus I've been studying a lot for my board exam.
Classic addict rationalization. The only difference between your addiction and that of an alcoholic or a crackhead is the societal acceptance (or lack of same) and the degree of side effects.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Classic addict rationalization. The only difference between your addiction and that of an alcoholic or a crackhead is the societal acceptance (or lack of same) and the degree of side effects.
Exactly, it's the degree of side effects, that's why crack is illegal and should be. But, I'm not addicted to coffee. I don't get headaches or anything like that. I used to think my headaches were from the coffee, but when I went to see my Dr. she said it was from lack of sleep.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Banned

The only thing that I consume daily and am addicted to is snark. Take dat! Take dat!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Coke and X.
Yeah.

Espcially, coke because I'm allergic to it, so yeah, if someone made a synthetic version that I wouldn't be allergic to or addicted to, then yes, I would at least want to try it.

Same with X but not sure what mean by X, just molly or candy flippers? Either way, yes.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Exactly, it's the degree of side effects, that's why crack is illegal and should be. But, I'm not addicted to coffee. I don't get headaches or anything like that. I used to think my headaches were from the coffee, but when I went to see my Dr. she said it was from lack of sleep.
You don't need to get headaches or an uncomfortable side effect to be addicted to it. You feel as though you need coffee because it gives you a "high."

I rarely drink coffee (maybe once every 5 months) and when I do it's because I like the coffee flavor.

I have never smoked a cigarette but I puffed on a cigar a couple of times (puffed, meaning, puffed out but too paranoid to puff in or inhale...or whatever...LOL--still no fun).
Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
You don't need to get headaches or an uncomfortable side effect to be addicted to it. You feel as though you need coffee because it gives you a "high."

I rarely drink coffee (maybe once every 5 months) and when I do it's because I like the coffee flavor.

I have never smoked a cigarette but I puffed on a cigar a couple of times (puffed, meaning, puffed out but too paranoid to puff in or inhale...or whatever...LOL--still no fun).
Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
You didn't read the original proposition properly. Go back, read it again, and THEN answer.

And I hate to break it to you, but your doc is full of shit. You're addicted.