GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,314
0 members and 2,314 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2003, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
DON'T GIVE UP!!! Five invites from a total of 8 houses is awesome, especially since you have such a positive attitude and you seem to love every house regardless of whether you would fit in!

Good luck, keep us informed and have fun!

Carol
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-29-2003, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

i echo the others in that you should stay the path and finish it. there are always options out there. don't jump prematurely, just play it all out. you come across as a bright warm girl and who knows...
if i could predict such stuff 100 percent, i'd be in vegas not teaching school.
smile...
Old 09-30-2003, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay guys....Pref was probably the most emotional night I've had since my boyfriend left for college. I spent at least 45 minutes, it could have been an hour, sitting out on the blacktop thinking about what I had to do. I was invited back by both Alice and Ariel because I guess I am just incredibly lucky.

At Alice, I felt so special and honored to be there, and I saw so many friendly, familiar faces and felt sort of tingly the whole hour. I am so comfortable here and I really had to stop myself from crying when one of the seniors talked about when her father died, how her sisters drove her to and from the airport and supported her and everything that they did for her. That's exactly what I'm looking for in a sorority and what she said truly touched me. I left feeling so happy and honestly, I knew in my heart when I left that I wanted them.

Then I went to Ariel, and the girl who was preffing me was soooo sweet that in the beginning it just broke my heart to think I'd have to say no to her and her sisters. I really, really feel at home here TOO!!! Is that possible, to feel totally at home in two different houses?! She told me how much she thought that I totally fit in with them already, how much they were (supposedly) "fighting" over who got to pref me!! I was so flattered and at the end of the night I just started bawling...but I think that my tears and overall emotional state were products of not eating anything for the past two days AND guilt in my heart, because I think I knew deep down that I preferred Alice.

So after my 45 minutes of deliberation and talks with my recruitment counselor, I listed them as Alice first, and Ariel second. Honestly, even as I'm typing this I'm still not sure I did the right thing. They are two different groups of girls who suit different sides of my personality. And the president of Alice (who I love and adore hahahahaha) said quite clearly, "We don't want you to come in and be like us...we want you to come in and be who you are." That was so comforting to me. And even if Alice ends up cutting me, and I get Ariel, I know I will still be happy because I love those girls too. I hope, in whatever organization I end up joining, I keep the friends that I've made these last three days. Big sigh.

Okay I'm going to go do my (ughhh) homework now. THANK YOU SO MUCH just for being here. It helps so immensely to write it all down. I hope I get some more sleep tonight than I did last night!!
Old 09-30-2003, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL pref night! Good luck on Bid Day!! I know that you will be excited no matter where you end up!
Old 09-30-2003, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

congrats already...
it sounds like a major league win win situation.
have a wonderful day.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Good Luck on Bid Day!!!

(and please don't keep us hanging! )
Old 09-30-2003, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

What a wonderful account of your special night!! Thanks for sharing. It really sounds like you had the ultimate rush experience; I hope it has the Disney ending that is best for you

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Wow. This is just like reading a good book - I can't wait to see how it ends! Today is Bid Day, right?
Old 09-30-2003, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile

Good Luck on Bid Day!!!

(and please don't keep us hanging! )
Honeychile you are too cute with that tinkerbell!

Facebook
Old 09-30-2003, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Sounds like you had an awsome time! Good luck on Bid Day!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-30-2003, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck today! It sounds like you would be happy in either house, so I hope you get the one that is best for you!

Thinking Disney thoughts today!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemyglo
Honeychile you are too cute with that tinkerbell!
Thank you! She just seemed to be appropriate!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
I knew you would get invited back to your favorites! Don't worry about feeling torn between the two houses- no matter what, you can stay friends with people in whichever house you don't sign a bid for- you just have to be positive and genuine about wanting friendship from girls in another house. No one ever said that just because you aren't someone's sister that you can't be their friend, too. And plenty of us on GC will tell you countless stories about how we have friends in other chapters, etc.

Don't sweat it, hun! I just hope you're extremely happy whereever you may go and that you enjoyed your recruitment experience- it's the first start to an amazing experience you'll have as a PNM, Active, and Alum of your organization!

Let us know when you can where you went!!!

Carol
Old 09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope your wish comes true!
Old 09-30-2003, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Is anyone else getting anxious?!? Me too! Goodness, surely Maroon5grl can break away from her Bid Day celebration long enough to log on and tell us the end of the story. I can't wait!