GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,659
1 members and 1,658 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation UF Spring Recruitment!!

Ladies, if you were thinking of doing Spring 2011, its coming up fast!! The Informational Session is on Jan 10th and you must sign up for it through the Panhellenic website for the school. Only at the Informational Session will you be able to hear from the all the sororities in council and find out who will be extending bids this spring. That's the basic info I have gathered for you ladies!! If you have more questions, ask away! I will be happy to find the answer for you!!

Pan Love!!! <3
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Why did I post this?

Because the PR for our PC this Spring Recruitment has been a fail and I've seen a lot of girls who were released from our Fall mention wanting to do it. I'm not trying to spoon feed or force feed anyone, I just know that some girls may be curious. The link about it is basically THIS BIG on the PC website and that's it - and I don't think that's enough.... Sorry if it comes off odd to you. I'm also disaffiliated as a member of Panhellenic, so I am not force/spoon feeding for my chapter either.

Last edited by UFgatorLove; 01-02-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-03-2011, 04:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Don't apologize! You posted useful information in a location where PPNM's may have a chance to see it.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

thanks ufgatorlove for letting uf pnms know when panhellenic will be hosting the informational meeting on spring recruitment!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

UFgatorLove, great job on getting the word out. The poster looks really inviting and informative. Maybe you'll come back and let us know how spring recruitment goes (in the Panhellenic spirit, of course!)? Good luck to everyone at UF; it's encouraging to read about flourishing Greek systems.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll let you know as much as I know! I have found out that bidding will only be open for 2-3 days which is much shorter than it has been in the past. So, PPNMs, meeting women in the chapters in crucial and it needs to be done at either the information session or through any Panhellenic women you may already know!

I know some chapters are having a full bid day, as well. Which gives the girls a little more of the traditional recruitment! I find that very exciting for the Spring NM Class women!!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait, so the houses have an open house on the 10th and have to extend bids by the 13th???? This seems awfully short. What if a women has several houses that are interested in her that she is also interested in visiting? Is the recruitment structured enough to allow them to get to see all the houses or are you thinking that most of the women are going to be women who were not able to bid match in the fall.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggforever View Post
Wait, so the houses have an open house on the 10th and have to extend bids by the 13th???? This seems awfully short. What if a women has several houses that are interested in her that she is also interested in visiting? Is the recruitment structured enough to allow them to get to see all the houses or are you thinking that most of the women are going to be women who were not able to bid match in the fall.
All houses will present at the Information Session on the 10th, like tabling. Then the women are are able to be bidded by multiple sororities or just one. The PNM will have the ability to visit the houses that bid her or that she is interested in (by invitation) and will choose a chapter to pledge by the end of the week (I believe, but they may have more time to think on their bid(s)).

Its fast, but our spring is always just a one-night event with COB-ing and open events at chapter discretion.

Last edited by UFgatorLove; 01-06-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling...
Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 PM

Also, if any chapters are under total, they are permitted to extend bids at ANY time throughout the school year (provided there isn't a colony on the campus).

Quote:
Then the women are are able to be bidded by multiple sororities or just one.
I think what you mean to say is "are offered bids." Being "bidded" implies they have signed a bid - which is an official binding agreement - and you can't do that for more than one group.

Is there going to be a quota that all sororities can take members, or are the only sororities offering bids the ones that are under total? In other words, even if all 16 chapters are there, only 5 of them might be extending bids.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for correcting that, I wasn't sure how to word it.
And, yes, we have a quota called "campus total" that UF thinks all sororities should be at to function properly and give enough PNMs a chance at receiving bids. So, any chapters with fewer that 161 members may extend bids. There are some that are under this number and do not because their nationals does not require that they do or they function adequately at a lower number. I completely understand this, but all 16 will have to present at the information session. I do not know if they will reveal which houses are extending bids or not at the event.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFgatorLove View Post
And, yes, we have a quota called "campus total" that UF thinks all sororities should be at to function properly and give enough PNMs a chance at receiving bids. So, any chapters with fewer that 161 members may extend bids. There are some that are under this number and do not because their nationals does not require that they do or they function adequately at a lower number. I completely understand this, but all 16 will have to present at the information session. I do not know if they will reveal which houses are extending bids or not at the event.
Argh, this is terrible. Making all 16 present when they are not all extending bids is not fair to the chapters bidding or the PNMs.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFgatorLove View Post
Yeah, this is pretty awful. The only chapters who present should be those taking new members.

Also, we know what "total" means.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

I hope that Panhellenic will rethink having the sororities who aren't participating at the meeting. Several of you GCers might remember when on one campus, 2 sororities decided to co-host a COB event. I was surprised because I knew that one sorority had to be way above total; the other was struggling.

So they had their party and bids were extended later--only to the struggling group! Lots of angry PNMs were saying, "Hey! We didn't show up to be rushed by that group, we wanted the other one!" Few bids were accepted and even fewer stayed in the group...1 or 2, we heard.

No one in either group would talk about it but all anyone could figure out was that maybe someone in the much bigger group felt sorry for friends in the other one and agreed to co-host the party? Definitely, honesty is the best policy in informal recruitment.