GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,669
1 members and 1,668 guests
Titchou

Old 04-14-2010, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Anyone else notice how relatively short the tenure was of several past chapters at Vermont? That worries me a little.
One chapter at Vermont was closed by their national for pledging a black woman, so that's a reason for chapter closures back in the day (anywhere) you're not going to see nowadays.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.thewestgeorgian.com/the-l...turn-1.1339509

The Delta Sigma Theta sorority has made their return to the University of West Georgia. The Deltas are one of the National Pan-Hellenic Council’s active sororities at UWG. Prior to their return, sorority members of Zeta Phi Beta and Sigma Gamma Rho were the only options.

The Deltas were inactive for several years, but many females still waited until their arrival to pledge.

Ashford-Anthony agreed. She mentioned that as line president, she had also learned to maintain and keep the peace between 64 women.

(Does this mean the chapter opened with 64 new members or would this include original members of the chapter?? Just wondering because NPC chapter totals are about 75 even though chapters have more.)
Old 04-14-2010, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
"Phi Mu Fraternity’s National Council is pleased to announce that Phi Mu will colonize at James Madison University in the fall of 2010. We are looking forward to working with JMU and the panhellenic community."

-Phi Mu's Face Book page's latest status.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
"Phi Mu Fraternity’s National Council is pleased to announce that Phi Mu will colonize at James Madison University in the fall of 2010. We are looking forward to working with JMU and the panhellenic community."

Congrats! I went to JMU for grad school and loved it there. Also glad to see that their greek life continues to grow. Theta was just added 3 years ago so it is great to know that they are already needing another chapter!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! JMU is right up the road from us and it's a great school! I'm sure Phi Mu will be a fantastic addition to their Greek community.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! I can't wait to see the amazing things Phi Mu has to come in the future!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleowl33 View Post
KBG? Sounds a little like KKG...

It would be cool to re-charter there. We had our Zeta Delta chapter there from 1980-1994. I have no idea if that's what KBG is hoping for, but it's certainly an interesting coincidence. Even if that is what they want I have no idea if KKG nationals or UVM Panhel are in agreement

ETA: Check out their website. I set a lot of blue, and they're referring to themselves as "Kappa"... http://web.me.com/bscancarella/Kappa...r/Welcome.html
Just b/c KKG affiliated one KBG group does not mean it is the norm. KBG does call themselves Kappa. KD also affiliated oneKBG group. There are mutliple dormants on that campus so I suspect all will apply to get back onto campus not to mention any groups who have interest in the campus.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Elon has opened for expansion for a new fraternity. The following groups will be presenting this month: Delta Tau Delta, Phi Gamma Delta, and Delta Upsilon. I believe a decision on who to extend the invitiation to will be done by the end of the school year.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleowl33 View Post
KBG? Sounds a little like KKG...

It would be cool to re-charter there. We had our Zeta Delta chapter there from 1980-1994. I have no idea if that's what KBG is hoping for, but it's certainly an interesting coincidence. Even if that is what they want I have no idea if KKG nationals or UVM Panhel are in agreement

ETA: Check out their website. I set a lot of blue, and they're referring to themselves as "Kappa"... http://web.me.com/bscancarella/Kappa...r/Welcome.html
Your post reads like you're implying they're some kind of KKG copycat group. If that's not your intention, you may want to reconsider the way you phrase things. If that is your intention, you may want to learn a little more about the history of that group.

Last edited by ThetaDancer; 04-15-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaDancer View Post
Your post reads like you're implying they're some kind of KKG copycat group. If that's not your intention, you may want to reconsider the way you phrase things. If that is your intention, you may want to learn a little more about the history of that group.
I'll be the first to admit I don't know anything about KBG. The original article posted about expansion made it sound like they were a local - I didn't know they were a colony of a national org. Since the president said they were founded as a Panhel interest group, I thought it might be a situation where the interest group takes similar colors, symbols, etc. to the group they're hoping to affiliate with. The blue, sapphire and "Kappa" nickname made me think, obviously, of KKG. I didn't mean any disrespect to the org, so I apologize if it sounded that way.

Last edited by littleowl33; 04-15-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Has anyone heard about what is going on with Loyola University-Chicago or U. of Tenn.-Chat?

I can't wait to see what else we will be doing! Yay for everyone who is opening a new chapter/ re-colonizing! In fact, I am happy for everyone (NPC, NPHC, IFC/NIC, etc.). Greek life is getting better at so many schools and it is great to see!!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post

Johns Hopkins University - Alpha Chi Omega and Pi Beta Phi presenting.
Just found out some dates! Pi Beta Phi will be presenting on Tuesday, May 4th and Alpha Chi Omega will be presenting on Thursday, May 6th. I would imagine the extension committee will have a final decision that Friday (the 7th) at their regular meeting time, but I don't know that for sure.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

From our Facebook page: Alpha Gamma Delta International Fraternity. Hey Alpha Gams! We have a lot of extension presentations coming up--April 19 at Boise State, April 23 at IUPUI, April 28 at Bridgewater State and May 5 at UA Huntsville.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Has anyone heard about what is going on with Loyola University-Chicago or U. of Tenn.-Chat?

I can't wait to see what else we will be doing! Yay for everyone who is opening a new chapter/ re-colonizing! In fact, I am happy for everyone (NPC, NPHC, IFC/NIC, etc.). Greek life is getting better at so many schools and it is great to see!!!!
We know about Panhellenic's recommendation at LUC, but the organization has not been extended the invite just yet and will be called Monday. Unless some strange circumstances arise, the recommendation will be the new chapter on campus (after colonization, of course).
However, I hesitate to write what it is just yet, because I'm not completely sure if Panhellenic wants us to keep our lips zipped until Monday or what.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm guessing its Chi Omega considering their Panhellenic Advisor is a Chi-O. Best of luck to whatever organization is asked to extend.