GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,131
2 members and 1,129 guests
JayhawkAOII
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

You know that members of her chapter and alums of the chapter are here reading this, right, Longhorn Mom?

Do your daughter a favor and step away from the keyboard.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Longhorn Mom..... Everyone's reaction to you has nothing to do with jealousy, bitterness, or obsession with rankings.

It has everything to do with the fact that you are rude. You are rude, and you are a snob, and maybe you can get away with that where you are, but there's a world outside of Austin, honey, and it would do you well to learn how to live in it.
the confidence in our actions,
and the purpose in our hearts.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

No, not taking shots at your daughter. We all know how involved mothers are in the collegiate experience. They are feeling bad for those poor girls having to deal with the crazy mom who won't let it go. Let ANYTHING go. Who thinks she deserves input on the colors used for spring formal or which fraternity they partner with at homecoming. Because yes, we've all seen it before.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Mom View Post
You all sound bitter....like some past rankings have stuck in your hearts/minds and you can't let it go. Wow...bunch of hurt feelings all around from this group of ladies. As we say in volleyball...just shake it off. It will be OK.
Quote:
Maybe your angry because you don't like me and my kiddo got a bid from a terrific house in a super competitive greek system at an academically selective university....maybe you're jealous...I don't know.
I will speak slowly to help you out:
1. I belong to a group that is considered top 3 at UT

2. I attended an academically selective university that I chose OVER going to UT.

3. Therefore, I am not angry or jealous. There is nothing for me to be jealous of you or your daughter.

4. You are utterly sabotaging your daughter's college experience. That is the point so many are trying to make. (Well that and that you are a shallow social climber, but I digress). I have no idea if your daughter is the obtuse elitist that you are, but on the chance that she is not then I hope for her sake that you will leave hell enough alone and let her stand on her own two feet. Social status is so important to you? You may very well ruin hers with all these postings.

5. It's utterly shocking that you absolutely can't seem to grasp how out of line your comments are.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
you can drop the forced 'bless your heart' line....it doesn't fit your demeanor. Women who use that phrase naturally aren't the type to say things like 'thick skull of yours'. Your trying to come across as gentile and Southern and it's not working.
Translation: it was sarcasm. Everyone here knows I was using it sarcastically. You know nothing about my demeanor (or anyone else's here, for that matter).

I think you really, really, really need to step away from the keyboard. Permanently.

Who's got my soda? I got up to make fresh popcorn.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 10-11-2015, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
you can drop the forced 'bless your heart' line....it doesn't fit your demeanor. Women who use that phrase naturally aren't the type to say things like 'thick skull of yours'. Your trying to come across as gentile and Southern and it's not working.
...gentile? Please, don't bring religion into this!
Old 10-11-2015, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I think she meant genteel. But it was a funny slip.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Top 3 at UT do not translate to top 3 houses at other schools....just sayin! Example: Theta is top 3 at Texas and considered bottom tier at Bama....clarification: I don't say it's bottom tier but all the Bama folks say it is.....just passing this along before y'all get feelings hurt again.
Holy cow, lady. Please stop. You've been trolling too much GR. My niece was a Theta at Bama. She's bilingual, ridiculously high GPA in high school and college (graduated early), involved in charities, beautiful, was Homecoming Queen finalist, etc. Don't think she felt 'bottom tier' when she chose her sorority.