GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 1,259
0 members and 1,259 guests
No Members online

Old 12-08-2009, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I can check into it with my girls at UT, see if they've heard anything.

It will be hard to completely stop though! Fraternities have parties all summer long, freshmen and sorority girls attend, how do you not communicate? I guess the invites and pre-dinners will be done away with, but they will be running into each other none-the-less.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkdce View Post
I was told that the national president from every NPC organization on campus has signed on to an agreement that there will be no summer rushing at UT.
LOL. I'm sure the 80 ookabillion old school alumnae will get right on board with that and completely follow that rule. Sorry to sound so cynical, but this sounds like the "frills will be completely gone from recruitment within a few years" speech I heard in 1995.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

No argument here, 33girl. My first question was - how is this going to be enforced? If it's just fines, that's nothing new. Fines just become part of the rush budget.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

That's my point too, how will it be enforced. When girls are coming up to Austin all summer long for orientation, there are parties all week, sorority girls are there, freshmen are there... how is that going to stop?

They can do away with the contacting rushees and inviting them over, but they are coming to Austin anyway. And, there's always the "Susie Q is coming to stay with her active sister/neighbor/bff from home and bringing a few friends with her. Will that be outlawed? If so, how will it be enforced. I guess if houses start turning in other houses any time they see what they feel is an infraction, which could get ugly...

On the bright side, they can use the money they spent on the summer rush house/condo to pay the upcoming fines
Old 12-10-2009, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

spring rush

thanks for the help! i'm planning on transferring in the spring (i'm a soph right now) and i don't know ANYONE at UT. because i'm coming from out of state, a lot of my credits aren't going to transfer, so i'll have a while at UT and i really would like to do a sorority... i heard this will help when rushing as an upperclassman. i have a high GPA and can get good recs, but i don't know if i'll be completely shunned because i'm old! hahah, any advice?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
LOL. I'm sure the 80 ookabillion old school alumnae will get right on board with that and completely follow that rule. Sorry to sound so cynical, but this sounds like the "frills will be completely gone from recruitment within a few years" speech I heard in 1995.
Ain't that the truth.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyfs View Post
thanks for the help! i'm planning on transferring in the spring (i'm a soph right now) and i don't know ANYONE at UT. because i'm coming from out of state, a lot of my credits aren't going to transfer, so i'll have a while at UT and i really would like to do a sorority... i heard this will help when rushing as an upperclassman. i have a high GPA and can get good recs, but i don't know if i'll be completely shunned because i'm old! hahah, any advice?
Rushing as a sophomore or upperclassman at UT

Lakers Nation.