GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,161
0 members and 1,161 guests
No Members online

Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 PM

Job Postings

It seems to me that a job posting thread might be helpful, so I'll list this job that I round on the Ohio University webpage, ohio.edu

Job Function: Administration Pay Range: $30,000 to $49,999
Industry: Higher Education Experience: 0 - 2 years
Type: Full time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assistant Director of Campus Life for Greek Life atOhio University
As an integral part of the Division of Student Affairs, the Assistant Director of Campus Life for Greek Life serves as the primary staff person responsible for the advising and development of the Greek community at Ohio University. The Greek community consists of 31 inter/national fraternities and sororities made up of 2,000 students (approximately 11% of the undergraduate population). The Assistant Director provides direction in this area for two graduate assistants.

Candidates must have outstanding leadership, management, and interpersonal skills to relate to a wide diversity of faculty, staff, students and community members.

1. Represents the University to 31 NIC, NPC, and NPHC chapters; and directly advises the Interfraternity Council (NIC), the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), the Women's Panhellenic Association (NPC), two Latina/o organizations, and related organizations;
2. Promotes collaboration in the fraternity and sorority community by advising the implementation of Greek community-wide activities including Greek Week and the Greek Community Council;
3. Provides guidance to Order of Omega and Rho Lambda honor societies;
4. Supervises two graduate assistants and several graduate and undergraduate interns;
5. Plans and implements leadership development and educational programming within the fraternity and sorority community including officer training and transition, new member education, and risk management education;
6. Serves as the liaison to inter/national headquarters; alumni; chapter advisors; and University departments such as Housing, Health Promotion, Judiciaries, and Environmental Health and Safety;
7. Generates reports detailing grade point, recruitment, and membership statistics;
8. Represents department to internal and external constituencies;
9. Participates in Campus Life, division, University and professional activities; some evening and weekend work required
Minimum Qualifications Masters degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, or related field is required. Position requires a strong and broad knowledge of student development theory, budget management, organizational and staff development knowledge, computers and technology, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and public relations and marketing. In addition, strong knowledge of Greek-letter organizations, student organization advisement, and leadership programming is required. This position requires the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and events simultaneously with confidence in decision-making skills. Two years of relevant experience required.
Preferred Qualifications Membership in inter/nationally-affiliated fraternity or sorority strongly preferred. Three to five years relevant experience strongly preferred. Person in this position must also have a general understanding of all other program areas (student engagement, community service programs, leadership development programs, and student organizations) to effectively collaborate with other departmental staff and to represent the department as needed. S/he must also possess the necessary knowledge listed in education and training above.
Department Campus Life
Pay Rate Minimum starting salary is $33,711
Job Code: 1543
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-01-2008, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I met the person who is vacating that position.... either that or they're restructuring student affairs all together.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Woah, nice salary. The average salary for assisant directors in student life in my area is like 23-25K, even at some of the private schools.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Woah, nice salary. The average salary for assisant directors in student life in my area is like 23-25K, even at some of the private schools.
I wondered about that. It seemed pretty good to me knowing the budgetary problems state schools are having these days.

Sensuret, I suspect this is someone you met when on the Athens Campus. I'm not aware of any sweeping change, but the former Dean of Students did leave to take a Provost position at another university and perhaps his replacement wants to have his/her own team in place.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 01-03-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
My company's looking for a registered dietitian with communications experience in the Pittsburgh/Johnstown, Pa., region.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
Lol, that is a fun school too. I finish my master's in a year, I wish they waited a year to post it, lol.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 AM
GreekChat Member

My immediate co-worker is leaving so we'll have an entry level IT position open very soon in downtown Detroit near Wayne State. In the past, my boss kind of picked someone internally who was particularly computer savvy and we trained them from scratch. I'm really pushing this time for someone with some formal training, particularly in Windows server administration. We should have an easier time finding qualified people given the economy in Michigan right now. Basic aspects of the job involves: hardware support (replacing PCs, mice, keyboards, hard drives, etc), installing software, basic server maintenance (backups, restores, security patches), and customer desktop support, in Windows. Additionally, some Linux server maintenance (security patches, user IDs) and supporting remote access for Windows and Linux. Supporting a research department for a major health system in a department where the grant dollars are still rolling in. Benefits are pretty good since the system owns an HMO
Old 05-31-2009, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
Anybody know of any openings in the Augusta, GA area? (Longest shot ever.)
Old 06-01-2009, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minDyG View Post
Anybody know of any openings in the Augusta, GA area? (Longest shot ever.)
What type of position/industry are you seeking?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post
What type of position/industry are you seeking?
Honestly, I've looked into everything from bartending to clerical/office work to being a nanny. So far nothing has been the right fit.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Right where I want to start Fresh and move futher from...
Send a message via Yahoo to Pearls4Life
Smile Professional Recruiter here :)

I just wanted any of you to know I work with a wonderful woman that does awesome resumes. She and I work together in business. I am am the partner owner of Professional Career Placement at www.professionalcareerplacement and we send our candidates some awesome jobs. WE are currently revamping our postings but they will be up and running next week. However, if any of you want to post your resume stop by and do so also...

I have some upcomming clinical research positions coming up next week as well. It helps to let your recruiter know exactly what your wanting. Let me know if I can be of help since we are all greek.

"Success is by "DESIlRE" !!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (GBI) DECATUR, GA

PS Computer Systems Analyst (AL) Pay grade 18 Experience may substitute for education on a
year-for-year basis $ 47,280.21 yr - $82,962.30 yr Deadline 11/1/10

PS: Web Site Manager (AL) Pay grade 17 B.A./business administration, graphic design/field & 1yr exp design/edit/maintain business web site OR Three years of experience in designing, editing, and maintaining a business web site $43,063.23yr - $ 75,523.31yr Deadline 11/2/10

MORE INFO..PM me.