GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534

Old 09-17-2000, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy What Should I do -question for BGLO sorority members

I am currently an undergrad in school in VA. I have researched all 4 sororities and narrowed my decision down to 2. Well because I was not ready and knew I was not going to turn in my information anyway, I went to a rush, for one of the sororities. Both had lines last semester. But my problem is that one sorority is very active in community service and doing things around campus. I also have friends in this sorority and when I meet them they are warm, and friendly. The other sorority, they have only recently begin to things around campus and community service, and I do have friends and aquantances in that sorority also, but, they act snobbish, like its hard for them to speak to me and others, and this is without them wearing any paraphenalia, or anything. So now, although I'm a little bit biased because my mother is in one organization, I'm beggining to like, or rather want to a part of the other organization. So what should I do. Research some more and do some thinking?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-18-2000, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Peace & Blessings

Southerngal...I understand the situation that you are in but, you must remember that you cannot become a member of either sisterhood for the sake of your mother's feelings or the friendships that you have with the respective members. YOU HAVE TO BECOME A MEMBER FOR YOU AND YOU ALONE!!!!!
This is a lifetime deal, no turning back once you have crossed. If you sincerely feel that you are torn, don't act in haste, it will only make matters worse. Just go with you heart...it won't steer you wrong.
I wish you luck and a lifetime of Sisterhood, when you make your final decision.
---------------------------------------------
SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine
The Epitome of Finerwomanhood
Old 09-18-2000, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Thanks SapphireSenasation for you advice, I'll make sure that my decision be based on what's in my heart and not on what others think. You have truly Helped me out. Much love and blessings to you.
Old 09-19-2000, 11:02 AM
Tevay

Red face

I am dealing with the same problem with two BGLO sororities, I have yet to discover the answer yet, some would tell u to follow your heart but loyalty especially that of family relations is just as important and who knows this chapter does not impact the greatness of the whole org. sadly im between a rock and a hard place and have resolved to pray about it, I was wondering if you would email me at teva-bear@usa.com and tell me the names of the sororities after all we might be between the same two.peace!!
Old 09-19-2000, 04:07 PM
LadyYsis

Cool

Good Luck Ladies! When deciding upon an organization remember that it is for life! You may not change your mind later. My advice to you is one: research, two FOLLOW YOUR HEART - family if they are true family , regardless of blood ties, should want you to do what is best for you, and no matter what you decide , they should STILL love you. third: let the chapters actions speak for itself. True organizations are bigger than the chapter, but your not working with the whole org, your working with your chapter. If you are looking for a sorority with sisterhood, pledge a chapter with sisterhood. If that chapter is not reflectiving sisterhood, then you definitely need to look elsewhere, that is if your joining a sorority for sisterhood. Good luck in your quest, I wish you all the best!

Sisterly,

Lady Ysis

Sigma...Keeping it Real, Right and *Elite* Since 1922!

***Special Happy Founder's Day Shout out to the men of Iota Phi Theta - here's to 37 years of BUILDING!...much Golden NPHC LOVE FRAT***
Old 09-19-2000, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
I would also like to say good luck and echo my Sorors and Sistah Sorors by saying do what is right for YOU and YOU alone! Don't listen to others, even if they are related...you will be a "XYZ" for LIFE so be true to your choice.

------------------
The Epitome of Beauty, Style, and Grace, Always Exemplifying Good Taste, A Zeta Woman, A Finer Woman, That's Me!
Old 09-20-2000, 12:26 AM
c&c1913

Tevay,
You have to go with what you feel is best. Remember the organization is bigger than the chapter. After you graduate college, there is still work to be done, (remember it's a lifetime commitment). That's why there are alumnae chapters.
I understand you have family loyalties, but what organization that your family belongs to may not be the one for you. YOU are the one who will go through the process. No one in my immediate family is greek, so I could've remained Me Phi Me.(follow me?)
You are on the right track because you can't go wrong with prayer.

------------------
Sisterhood, Scholarship, & Service
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
"Intelligence is the Torch of Wisdom"