GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,329
0 members and 2,329 guests
No Members online

Old 07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I had meant to reply yesterday, but never hit submit. I was wondering, how did you get so many college credits in high school, and earn an Associate's degree in one year? Is that possible? Is it one of those accelerated programs?

You don't have to give specifics regarding where you are (I am glad that you edited your post, as there was a lot of info there; I deleted the quote from my reply), I was just curious as to how someone can earn 70+ college credits in HS, especially given that it sounds like you graduated at 18. I've just never heard of that before.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2010, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I had meant to reply yesterday, but never hit submit. I was wondering, how did you get so many college credits in high school, and earn an Associate's degree in one year? Is that possible? Is it one of those accelerated programs?

You don't have to give specifics regarding where you are (I am glad that you edited your post, as there was a lot of info there; I deleted the quote from my reply), I was just curious as to how someone can earn 70+ college credits in HS, especially given that it sounds like you graduated at 18. I've just never heard of that before.
Example: http://schoolcenter.gcsnc.com/educat...ectionid=21617

(I used to know an administrator from this school)
Old 07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I was just curious as to how someone can earn 70+ college credits in HS, especially given that it sounds like you graduated at 18. I've just never heard of that before.
I had 30+ credits when I graduated, and that was from AP classes alone. Also, I know a lot of people who dual enrolled at the local community college their last two years of high school. If you did it both years, you graduated from high school with an AA.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, this thread sucks so much they didnt even bother to QFP you, OP. damn.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

LMAO
Old 07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post

lol. she had tmi in her first post that would easily identify her during rush. but she thinks she's fat in her size 16 jeans and wanted to know if it would hurt her during rush.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Example: http://schoolcenter.gcsnc.com/educat...ectionid=21617

(I used to know an administrator from this school)
Thanks for the link. I have not heard of these type of programs. I think that's amazing! My HS was college prep with honors tracks, AP classes, and offered the ACT to test out of college classes, but nothing that involved.

The OP said that she earned 76 college credits in HS, reaching 111 after one year in CC. I think that earning 76 college credits with a near-perfect GPA is pretty darn amazing. I'm not going to post all the specifics she gave, but most people would be very impressed with the academic information she posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
She still left up some very identifying info.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM

I clearly don't need to leave GC ever. lol.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:41 PM
aylagator

I was enrolled in Running Start my last two years of high school. I took the hardest courses I could find in the community college catalog, hence the less than perfect GPA. Honestly this thread just got me all kinds of worried. After talking to several sorority girls from my campus I've been assured class standing has no kind of impact on recruitment.

Yes, I have bad self esteem. Yes, I work on it. No, it wouldn't change if I lost weight. I hold myself confidently in front of others regardless of how I feel about myself. I'm going to look as nice as I can for recruitment. That being said, I'm not going to pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm going in with an open mind and I hope the ladies I meet will see me for who I am, not what size pants I wear.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylagator View Post
I was enrolled in Running Start my last two years of high school. I took the hardest courses I could find in the community college catalog, hence the less than perfect GPA. Honestly this thread just got me all kinds of worried. After talking to several sorority girls from my campus I've been assured class standing has no kind of impact on recruitment.

Yes, I have bad self esteem. Yes, I work on it. No, it wouldn't change if I lost weight. I hold myself confidently in front of others regardless of how I feel about myself. I'm going to look as nice as I can for recruitment. That being said, I'm not going to pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm going in with an open mind and I hope the ladies I meet will see me for who I am, not what size pants I wear.
That's all you can do other than have a good time. Good luck!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!