GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,333
Threads: 115,508
Welcome to our newest member, Jordandrose
» Online Users: 1,159
0 members and 1,159 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2006, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

So my contract ended early....

.....I wasn't supposed to finish until this summer, yesterday, I was informed that I was being let go due to the lack of work. So I'm back in the job-hunting market. I *THINK* I have an info session set up with a company next week or the week after (I was told to call back to book with a someone who is currently on vacation), but nothing else yet..

Anyone else ever been let go due to the "lack of work"?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Re: So my contract ended early....

Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna
.....I wasn't supposed to finish until this summer, yesterday, I was informed that I was being let go due to the lack of work. So I'm back in the job-hunting market. I *THINK* I have an info session set up with a company next week or the week after (I was told to call back to book with a someone who is currently on vacation), but nothing else yet..

Anyone else ever been let go due to the "lack of work"?
I have been let go because of lack of work. I also hated this particular job. If they didn't let m go I was going to quit. It took sometime before I found another job (but only because I wasn't really look and I went back to school instead).

I found another job pretty quickly after I really started looking. Just keep plugging away out there.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I have also been let go due to lack of work and as in Lady Pi Phi's post I hated the job, so it turned out good for me. It also took some time for me to find a new position. Mostly because my husband's job decided to transfer us pretty much immediately after I was laid off, so I was looking for a job in a new city that I didn't live in yet.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:28 PM

It's happened to me twice. The first time, I was caught completely by surprise (although I shouldn't have been - I was working for a dotcom and it was 2002). The second time, I saw the writing on the wall a couple of months ahead of time, and launched my job hunt. By my last day, I was well into the interview process with the company I currently work for, so I was only out of work for a few weeks.

I hope you find something new soon. Keep your skills up to date, and don't give up.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

It happened to me. I started out as a temp. The company bought out my contract because I was doing such a good job. But if the business hits a slump, there's nothing you can do about it. The owners were awesome people. They gave me a great recommendations and my next job was an easier find because of their help.

Cheer up something will turn up soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone...the good news is that I'm being paid until the middle of April (my last day it the end of the month)...I'll keep everyone posted :-)
Old 05-17-2006, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Update!

Well, I've had constant interviews (as in WEEKLY interviews) since I finished my contract...today, I got a phone call from one of the companies, and I've been asked to go in to meet with the higher ups on Tuesday to discuss starting dates, etc...

YAY FOR WORK!

There is another place that is supposedly going to get back to me later this week. This place is a non-internship position.

*keeping my fingers crossed*
Old 06-20-2006, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Work lay off

I was laid off that way to.
Posted myself on all the big job boards:
ajb.org
monster.com
et al and had three very fast calls. Working on an offer right now....