GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,382
2 members and 1,380 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

New News

Singer Natalie Cole Files for Divorce
Tue Feb 3,10:08 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Grammy award-winning singer Natalie Cole (news) has filed for divorce from Kenneth Dupree, her husband of just over two years.

Cole, 53, cited irreconcilable differences in papers filed Jan. 30 in Los Angeles Superior Court.

She married Dupree, of Brentwood, Tenn., in October 2001. It was her third marriage.

Cole's attorney, Daniel Jaffe, referred questions to Cole's publicist. Publicist Jennifer Allen said she could not provide further details because she had not been able to reach Cole.

Cole recorded the album "Unforgettable, With Love," which digitally combined her voice with that of her late father, jazz great Nat King Cole (news). The album sold 14 million copies and won a Grammy for record of the year in 1991.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
You have gots to be kidding. Natalie is getting divorced already. I think she just needs to give up on being married.

I heard this morning on the radio that Irma P. Hall was in a really bad car accident, and she had a heart attack while having the car accident. If you are wondering who I am talking about, she is the woman that played the momma on Soul Food. I heard that she is not doing well at all.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"

Last edited by kiml122; 02-05-2004 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._bowl_kid_rock
Old 02-04-2004, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kiml122
You have gots to be kidding. Natalie is getting divorced already. I think she just needs to give on being married.

I heard this morning on the radio that Irma P. Hall was in a really bad car accident, and she had a heart attack while having the car accident. If you are wondering who I am talking about, she is the woman that played the momma on Soul Food. I heard that she is not doing well at all.
I read about this last week. She has a new movie coming out with Tom Hanks and Marlon Wayans, The Ladykillers.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
Um, I read the article about Kid Rock and the VFW. Is this "Let's Get Mad at the Superbowl" Week? It seems like everyone is upset. The FCC is mad at CBS and MTV. CBS is mad at MTV. The NFL is mad with everybody. Now the VFW is mad. Can we all just give it a rest??
Old 02-04-2004, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

How about now Justin is mad at Janet? He says he was bamboozled. LOL!
Old 02-04-2004, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Irma P. Hall

Yes she was in an accident here and had to undego open heart surgery. Doctors are not sure when she will be released.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Singer, husband to take drug rehab course

Singer, husband to take drug rehab course
By BILL MONTGOMERY
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer
Published on: 2/4/04

Singer Faith Evans and her husband, music producer Todd Russaw, agreed to enter a pre-trial intervention program for drug abuse Wednesday at a hearing in Fulton County Magistrate Court. The agreement essentially closes the case if the two complete the program and are not arrested again on similar charges.

Erik Friedly, spokesman for Fulton District Attorney Paul Howard, said Evans and Russaw, arrested last month in Hapeville on simple drug possession charges, agreed to complete a 13-week drug rehabilitation program in return for the charges being placed on an administrative "dead docket."

Hapeville police pulled over the couple Jan. 27 on a traffic stop; Evans was at the wheel of a silver 2003 Hummer H2 bearing a temporary tag without an expiration date. Police found a small amount of cocaine and marijuana in the car, according to Hapeville police Capt. William Lyons.

"The drug charges will be resurrected, and we would proceed with prosecution if they do not complete the program," Friedly said.

Evans, who moved to the Atlanta area recently, earned a Grammy nomination for her duet "Can't Believe," and recently appeared in the movie "The Fighting Temptations" with Cuba Gooding Jr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HA!!! Like this is really gonna stop Faith from getting her sniff and smoke on.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Did anyone know that Erykah Badu is preggers? Who is her baby daddy? Is she and Common still together? I thought they had broken up. She looks like she is 4 or 5 mos. She still acted like the energizer bunny and put on a show last night!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
Did anyone know that Erykah Badu is preggers? Who is her baby daddy? Is she and Common still together? I thought they had broken up. She looks like she is 4 or 5 mos. She still acted like the energizer bunny and put on a show last night!
Like whoa!! I thought her and Common broke up sometime last year. Maybe this was his parting gift?
Old 02-05-2004, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Janet's Breast affects Thursday's ER Ep

NBC Excises 'ER' Breast Scene
Thu Feb 5, 2:26 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Days after Janet Jackson (news) shocked the nation by baring her breast during the Super Bowl, NBC has agreed to edit out a brief shot of an 80-year-old woman's breast from Thursday night's episode of medical drama "ER" -- to the chagrin of the show's executive producer.

In the scene, the breast is visible for less than two seconds in the background of a scene where doctors are giving the woman emergency care. The network's decision to adjust the scene to obscure the bare breast drew a strong rebuke from "ER" executive producer John Wells, who said it sent a bad message.

NBC's decision was finalized late Tuesday, two days after the Super Bowl halftime stunner in which Jackson bared her breast during a performance with Justin Timberlake (news). The incident has spurred a national debate about indecency on television and triggered an investigation by the FCC (news - web sites).

"In consultation with our affiliate board we have asked 'ER' to remove a shot of an exposed breast of an 80-year-old woman receiving emergency care," NBC said. "Though we continue to believe the shot is appropriate and in context, and would have aired after 10:30 p.m. Eastern and Pacific time, we have unfortunately concluded that the atmosphere created by this week's events has made it too difficult for many of our affiliates to air this shot."

While the final decision on the "ER" shot came a few days after the Jackson incident, Roger Ogden, general manager of NBC affiliate KUSA-TV in Denver and chairman of the NBC affiliate board, said that affiliates had been concerned about the propriety of the scene for several weeks. NBC executives first showed the scene in question to the affiliate board during a meeting at NATPE in Las Vegas last month.

"In looking at it myself, it wasn't something that ... felt totally out of context. It was very brief and it wasn't something that would've shocked you if you're watching the show as a normal person," Ogden said.

Nevertheless, after a number of affiliates raised serious concerns, Ogden said the affiliate board notified NBC early this week that "we thought it wasn't in the best interest of the network or the affiliates to include the shot," Ogden said.

"ER" executive producer Wells said his objection to editing the breast out of the shot came out of concern about artistic freedom rather than the specifics of that particular scene.

"It's really not about this," Wells said. "We could've easily cut the small piece of the breast and it does no damage to the show whatsoever. But the chilling effect of having this one incident now affect programming content across all the networks, that's what I'm concerned about."

Wells added that he felt a certain obligation as the steward of a hit network show to take a stand on the matter.

"It makes you ask those questions about other things that might be perceived to be controversial," Wells said. "Should you talk about sexually transmitted disease among teenagers? Should you be dealing with certain types of violence and the effects of that violence? And while on a show like 'ER,' where we have the success to not bow to too much of that pressure, (for) pilots and newer shows that don't feel as confident in their future, it will be very difficult for them to stand up to questions from the studio or their network about them."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Old 02-05-2004, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

This is why when I have children, I am switching to Sky Angel satelite.

See, this why now is the time for those of us who are tired of TV fiflth to do something more.

The momentum is there thanks to Janet, so why not gather this energy and force the FCC to span that focus to include everybody?
Old 02-05-2004, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

HC Janet has been pulled from the Grammy's?
HC I hope that artists and others speak out about how all of this is LUDACRIS?
HC if folks boycott the Grammys, CBS etc. they'd leave this mess alone?

Do you think she's getting this b/c of her brother Michael?
Old 02-05-2004, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: In Purple, Green and Gold wishes and Crawfish Dreams
Send a message via AIM to DIVA1177 Send a message via Yahoo to DIVA1177
Thumbs up OK

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
HC Janet has been pulled from the Grammy's?
HC I hope that artists and others speak out about how all of this is LUDACRIS?
HC if folks boycott the Grammys, CBS etc. they'd leave this mess alone?

Do you think she's getting this b/c of her brother Michael?
HC This is not the HC thread
HC I'm gonna roll with you anyway
HC I agree with you
HC I think if this was Madonna or Britney Or any other white girl this would not even be an issue
HC Janet is just pure MEDIA GENIUS
HC She has everybody in the world talking about her and that is probably EXACTLY what she wanted
HC I really do not care what she had on the screen
HC If I didn't know that it was a booby on the screen I SURE AS HELL KNOW IT WAS NOW because they show it every five minutes on TV and the internet
HC Prince can show his hairy ass on TV, two women can kiss, I could see some booty on NYPD Blue and I can see two people simulate sex on NIPTUCK but people fall out and DIE when they see a half a second of a breast on the air?????

HC WTF? sorry...got a bit carried away...
Old 02-05-2004, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

HC I don't need YOU to tell me what thread it is?
HC I BROUGHT THE DAYUM HC TO DIS HERE SITE?
HC I HC WHERE I WANT TO?
Closed Thread