GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,167
1 members and 2,166 guests
No Members online

Old 03-11-2002, 05:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Exclamation Dismissed???

Whats with MTV's Dismissed? Why do these people always pick either the jerk or the slut. i have yet to watch an episode where i agree with who they picked. and the guys on this show always pick the chick who puts out. it is so bad!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-11-2002, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that it's the funniest show to watch, but they have terrible people on here!! the funniest one I saw was the bi-girl who went on a date with 2 guys then 2 girls, and picked the gils cause the guys were too immature!!
Old 03-11-2002, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess this show is old, but i just found out about it. Its pretty sketchy but i still like watching it. I am not addicted to it, but whenever i happen to see it on t.v. im hooked!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Hi everyone! I'm StarLightGirl (Duh! Right?) and its my first time posting here (after silently oserving for a while) How is everyone tonite?

N-E_ways.....I do enjoy the show, but I agree with maggie, it amazing how some of these folks lower themselves to be chosen. Just today ( u guys may have seen it) I mean the girl (ligerie maker) was damn near f**king this guy! I mean all this on the first date??? And won't it be funny if some of these "contestants" expected some kind of relationship out of this??? Mannn I don't know. (it's only TV though) But I still enjoy the show!
Old 03-11-2002, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, I'll admit it-while I roll my eyes in disgrace at the show, I can't help but watch when it's on ( like a bad car wreck!!). Everytime I watch it, I'm like-who does these things on a blind date?? Come on! But I still get sucked in...I love it when the person who gets dismissed throws big tantrums and tells the other people how shallow they are/ what they missed out on/ they weren't their type to begin with (that being said usually after they get busy with the person).....
Old 03-12-2002, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I hate MTv's Dismissed...instead I go for Elimidate! I absolutely adore that show because it's more competative...4 girls/guys and having to narrow it down as the date winds down!!!! Much more exciting!

Hootie
Old 03-12-2002, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Dismissed is horrible but most dating games are.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I, too, can't help watching this show...It's like a "bad car accident," just like XO_Princess said. But, it's obvious that it is totally staged! If you were really trying to impress your date, you wouldn't be so concerned with antagonizing the other person.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I like Elimidate too! Hootie, you are right, it is better having 4 people, and they keep narrowing it down
Old 03-13-2002, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
I dont really like dismissed but if its on I do watch it and for some reason find it humorous. its hillarious to watch the people compete b/c they do worry more about insulting the other person than impressing the date.

nichole
Old 03-13-2002, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
why is it that the first time the two competitors meet, that they have to spend 5 minutes of the show insulting each other? i guess if i were in that situation it wouldn't even occur to me to start ragging on the other person,

marissa
A GD
Old 03-13-2002, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilsnakeyk
It's all staged

One of my sisters was on Dismissed (they had a huge casting call here at CSULB) and she said that everything was staged, from the clothes that she wore, to the places that the dates take place (MTV decides, not the contestants), to what the girls personalities would be. My sister was cast as the nighttime seductress (sp?), and the girl she was competing against was cast as the bubbly, slightly ditzy blonde. MTV even urged the contestants to ask questions like, how kinky are you?, etc.

The only thing that wasn't decided was who the moron they were going to go out with would choose.

I would take that show with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila and lime of course!)

Hehehe

Greek Love,
Lil Snakey K