GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 937
1 members and 936 guests
No Members online

Old 03-16-2004, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreybaby26
Red face rushing as a senior

I went through spring COB my sophomore year and loved kappas. I didn't get a bid though and i believe it was because of my gpa. I then couldn't rush in the fall of my junior year because of gpa. I again went through spring rush even though kappas weren't doing rush because their house was full. After this, I realized Kappas was the house that I really liked. I don't want to go through formal fall recruitment as a senior. but i was thinking of going to their COB if there house isn't full in the fall after formal recruitment. But I heard that Kappas usually take freshman only. I know like 4 girls in the house already. What do you think??
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-16-2004, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi dreybaby26,

Every chapter in Kappa is different, so unless one of us is from the chapter you are looking into joining, we probably can't give you accurate advice. I would suggest contacting your friends in the chapter or the membership chair to talk about the chapter's recruitment. That way you know the information you are getting is relevant to how the chapter at your school.

All the best! (kappaloo)

Last edited by kappaloo; 01-27-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi,

I agree with Kappaloo, every chapter and campus is different. Talking to your friends in the chapter is a good start. Have you considered keeping an open mind and looking at other sororities on your campus? There are caps for sororities on every campus. If Kappa is at or above this number, then your only option is formal recruitment.

I love Kappa, but the Panhellenic side of me says that there are excellent women in ALL Greek organizations on every campus. I'm a Kappa TC (Traveling Consultant) and have been to a number of campuses, and I can honestly say that you will experience almost the same things in whatever chapter you decide to join. They all have meetins, and social events, sisterhood events, community service events, etc. Even if you join a chapter other than Kappa, you can still keep your Kappa friends, and many chapters mix with each other.

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreybaby26
in response

Thanks for your responses guys....I actually feel like I've went through recruitment so many times...I've visited almost every house more then 2 times and I've come to the conclusion that Kappas is the one I wanted to join. They always talked about girls having a hard time picking a house. But they mentioned having a certain feeling at the house you knew you could see yourself in. I'm hoping that they have COB after formal because if they don't I'm out of luck. I was told to mention to them that I'll be at school for another two years instead of one because it makes a difference. And they didn't this past spring because the house was already full. But with cob at our school, you only go one night to fill the spots that weren't for fall formal recruitment. BTW, what is a number cap?
Old 03-23-2004, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I'm glad you have been open to all the other houses and still feel Kappa is the one for you.

I believe what you're referring to as a number cap is also called Total. It's a number set by the University Panhellenic as the maximum number of women a chapter can have as active members. This is to keep things even between chapters so one chapter can't get to 200+ women while another is at 25. If a chapter is at Total, then they aren't able to take in any new members through COB.

It can't hurt mentioning that even though you are a senior you will be in school another two years.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.