GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,383
0 members and 1,383 guests
No Members online

Old 04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Sing... sing a song!

Hello ladies!

Spring is upon us and so I find myself knee-deep in recruitment preparations for the fall (I am the Recruitment Advisor for Zeta Lambda - College of Charleston).

I was thinking that perhaps some of my fellow alumnae (and actives, too) might like a chance to sing some of their favorite Theta songs (or cheers or chants) from days gone by. In the process you'd be helping me out by providing something different (if not new) for the girls in the chapter to sing for Recruitment. I thought perhaps the best way would be for you to PM me and let me know you're willing to share. I'll give you my work phone number and you can call after 4 pm EST (when I'm gone so you know I won't answer) and sing your heart out on my voice mail. You don't even have to leave your name so I won't know who is who. I promise the only people that will hear the recording are myself and the chapter Recruitment Chair. And if you sing a song we end up using, I might even send you a little treat from Charleston, SC! We could use any kind of song really - entrance songs, exit songs, preference songs - even songs you sing when only Thetas are around! Most of the ones we sing now I know we've been singing since 1993 - it's time for some new tunes!

Come on ladies - this could be fun!! Help a Theta out!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

This is such a great idea! If I had any to share, I'd call you and sing my little heart out.

Last edited by hoover815; 01-30-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool We could share

With permission of the "recording artist" I could actually share these with anyone else who wants to hear them. My voice mail at work actually sends the message in a wav file to my email. That means I could forward the email to any other Theta chapters in need of songs IF the person who sang it didn't care.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

HELP ME!

I cannot believe that not one single person has taken me up on this! Come on ladies - don't take for granted that we already know your songs! Everyone else is probably doing the same thing and it may turn out you have the only one we DON'T know! Cheers and chants are also welcome!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll just admit it... college & songs were a LONG time ago for me. Other than ritual, I just don't have any recollection of any songs now. You younger girls are going to have to help out here!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I would be happy to do so but I know a lot of songs -- a short list of songs you *do* have already would help out.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's see

the ones I can remember off the top of my head...

Kite Called a Theta Kite
K with A
Strike Up a Chord
Boom Boom
Linger