GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,363
0 members and 1,363 guests
No Members online

Old 07-10-2010, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Story!

I'm new to this site and I'm already addicted! I've been reading all the stories and I thought it would be neat to share mine! I'm currently thinking of code names. I'll post them when I make a decision. Recruitment doesn't begin for me until August, so I'm a little early, but I thought I'd share a little background info first.

I've always known about sororities, but like many others, I've always had the wrong impression of them. I assumed that it was for preppy girls who were all blonde and beautiful. As I got older, I became more and more interested. Up until my senior year I still had the same ideas about sororities until I talked to a friend who was a year older than me and who had rushed a sorority at her school. I thought it would be a good idea to get the 411 about sororities from her. We had the most amazing talk! She explained to me the process and how things go during Rush Week. She gave me tons of great advice- like being myself and having an open mind. I was wary at first because I'm terrified of rejection. She told me to at least try it, and if I was meant to be somewhere I would just know. She told me about all of the great new people she met during Rush and how it made the transition to college a lot easier. What really got me hooked was the way she talked about her sisters. I could tell that she truly had a special bond with each one. She also told me that she went in really wanting to join a house that her friends were in, but fell in love with her current house. From then on I was sold! I knew that I wanted to be a part of something that special. I wanted to make lifetime friends and help others along the way. Now, here it is less than a month away from Rush and I couldn't be more excited! I feel that I completely and truly belong in a sorority. I'm just ready to find out which group of special women I belong with!

Sorry if this seems like a bore to you, but I thought it would be a good way to let out some of the bottled up excitement inside me!

PS- I'm going to be an English major, so I LOVE to write stories! I can't wait to get started!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait for your story! Are you planning on doing a live one or waiting until after your recruitment is over?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm hopefully going to be doing a live one so the emotion will be more real! I can't wait!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

You might want to take your "location" off of your profile if you want to stay anonymous.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Before you continue on with the story, read this thread!

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=106382
Old 07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Benzgirl- thanks for the advice!

Nanners52674- GREAT THREAD! thank you soo much for posting that.. i will DEFINITELY be keeping that info in mind!

ps- i have decided to wait until bid day to post my entire story, just to play it safe!
thanks for all your input everyone! (:
Old 07-11-2010, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I will name the sororities after characters in one of my favorite movies- the Pink Ladies of GREASE! (:

Sandy
Rizzo
Frenchy
Marty
Jan
Old 07-11-2010, 01:00 PM

There are worse things you could do than pledge Rizzo. hahahaha. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

^baahaha, nice pun!

and I LOVE the names! I'm obsessed with Grease! Woo!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow...less than a month? Can't believe how fast this summer is going...that, and how early some schools start!

Good luck!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
There are worse things you could do than pledge Rizzo. hahahaha. Good luck!

I literally laughed out loud!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with recruitment. I hope you find a home you love. I can't wait to hear your story!