GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,427
2 members and 1,425 guests
sdneyttso2029, Xidelt

Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPhiMu View Post
Couple of sightings...

1) Check out the newest Aglaia/Carnation Collection. They've got some pretty nice quatrafoil stuff for the home. I'm already pretty jealous!

2) Of all places, Wal-Mart has a fountail that is shaped like a quatrafoil and it also has LIONS on it! I was very excited when I saw it. It was on sale for like $100, but I was out of town and didn't really have a good way to get it home in my car.

3) Kirkland's had an awesome quatrafoil clock... but that was a few months back, so who knows now.

and

4) When I was on my honeymoon in Mexico, the resort had quatrafoils ALL over the buildings! It was pretty fun to see that even there! I took a picture of me under one to send to the Aglaia, but it was the last day right before we left to get on the plane to head back home, so needless to say, I wasn't looking my best!
Yes, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the quatrefoil/lion fountain at Walmart! I don't know where I would put it, though... I don't really have a place for it in my yard!

I bought a quatrefoil clock from Kirkland's about 2 years ago. It hangs in my living room and I've gotten so many compliments on it.. I've actually seen about 3 different kinds on their shelves over the past few years. Hobby Lobby also has some neat quatrefoil "house stuff"-- I got a magazine rack-- but you've got to dig for it!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Here I go again with yet another sighting! Has anyone ever stayed at the Hyatt in the Orlando airport? The inside courtyard has two giant quatrefoil fountains!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Last spring I ran into an iron gate made of many quatrafoils (that's a weird looking word) in a random side street in Riga, Latvia. I took about a million pictures and I'm sure people thought I was insane.

For Christmas I'm taking all the quatrafoil pictures that I have taken around the world and putting them in this neat frame for my Mom. I know she's going to love it!
Old 05-17-2008, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiMu_Gator
when I found out what the quatrefoil means, it was something that truly took my breath away and made me realize how awesome mary mary martha were!

but for sightings:

at UF, on the college of edu's building there's a quat(at uf we call it the "quat" I know it sounds dirty but it's pretty cute! throw that quat up!)

on a neighborhood near me there's beautiful blue tile quats on the walls.

at epcot in mexico is a massive quatrefoil fountain

ANDDDD the best one to me is that on donald trump's office on the apprentice there were gorgeous neimen marcus 500 dollar quatrefoil mirrors!

the quatrefoil is the most perfect symbol. at first I was disappointed that we didn't have a more known symbol like dg's anchor that you can find on everything! but then I realized how nice it was that only our sorority has it and it's not such a popular mainstream symbol for anyone to wear. I feel like if I see a quatrefoil, there's truly a purpose and meaning behind it. even though phi mu was founded after the symbol was created, I think there's a divine reason we choose such a prolific symbol that has many great meanings around the world. who knows? maybe those people who created have some crazy connection to us all!

Old 05-17-2008, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiMu_Gator View Post
when I found out what the quatrefoil means, it was something that truly took my breath away and made me realize how awesome mary mary martha were!

but for sightings:

at UF, on the college of edu's building there's a quat(at uf we call it the "quat" I know it sounds dirty but it's pretty cute! throw that quat up!)

on a neighborhood near me there's beautiful blue tile quats on the walls.

at epcot in mexico is a massive quatrefoil fountain

ANDDDD the best one to me is that on donald trump's office on the apprentice there were gorgeous neimen marcus 500 dollar quatrefoil mirrors!

the quatrefoil is the most perfect symbol. at first I was disappointed that we didn't have a more known symbol like dg's anchor that you can find on everything! but then I realized how nice it was that only our sorority has it and it's not such a popular mainstream symbol for anyone to wear. I feel like if I see a quatrefoil, there's truly a purpose and meaning behind it. even though phi mu was founded after the symbol was created, I think there's a divine reason we choose such a prolific symbol that has many great meanings around the world. who knows? maybe those people who created have some crazy connection to us all!
How sweet! I LOVE it too and I love that no one else has anything as unique or special.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

There is a huge quatrefoil on the side of the Spanish Synagogue in Prague...I went in high school and took a picture of it since I thought it was a pretty building, and when several of my sisters mentioned that there are quatrefoils all over Prague, I went back and looked through my pictures and sure enough, there it was!
I also suspect that the fountain outside of St. Vitus Cathedral is a quatrefoil, but I don't have any overhead pictures to confirm.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I have seen the quatrefoils at Chilis and always wondered if a Phi Mu was involved somehow! ;-) Also, there is a house down the street where I live that has a huge quatrefoil on it- a Phi Mu quatrefoil, definetly... I haven't built up the nerve yet to ask whether the lady there is a Phi Mu but I will someday!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I live in San Antonio. It's the city's newly adopted symbol which is cool. There are quatrafoils everywhere!!!!! We all still think its cool when we see them, but since they're everywhere it's not as exciting as when we go to other cities and see them.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiMu_Gator
on the bachelorette there's a massive quatrefoil window that's beautiful!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Mezzo View Post
Italy and Spain have lots of them too, I believe....

While I don't have a picture, I used to work at Chili's, and the tiled tables have tons of quatrafoils all over them!
So I'm quoting a really old, old post, but...

Last night my roommate and I went to Chili's, and looking down at the table I thought of this thread and took a picture of the tiles close up with my phone... My roommate looked at me rather strangely. It didn't really make any more sense to her when I told her that it was Phi Mu's symbol and there was this thread... and then I trailed off because I realized I was talking about GC in real life again.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiMuSamantha View Post
I live in San Antonio. It's the city's newly adopted symbol which is cool. There are quatrafoils everywhere!!!!!
yay... now i'm even more excited to go to San Antonio in like a week and a half. My family is going on vacation there They'll probably think I'm crazy, taking pictures all the time.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

There are quatrefoils on the ceiling at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor. We went there for an SAI/Phi Mu Alpha formal and there are a lot of SAIs that are also Phi Mu ladies - we all got really excited about them, much to the bewilderment of our non-Phi Mu SAI sisters!

SAI/Phi Mu/KKY
Old 06-16-2008, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I was watching the Gene Simmons Roast on A&E. The photos for introducing all the guests were in quatrafoils.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

After convention I met my family in Jupiter, Fl. The Italianate fountain at the Jupiter Beach Resort has a quatrefoil base.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

The people whose kids I babysit for recently bought a quatrafoil fountain. I was excited to see it and told the mom so. I don't think she knew what I was talking about, but the kids now know that the funny shape is a "quaterfoil"!