GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,073
2 members and 1,071 guests
baadamashtolzea, Sarak24034

Old 12-04-2006, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Auburn isn't gonna win any bar contests. However, we would win quite a few women contests. Miami and Ohio? You're obviously a different type of person. Also, I'd love to see you try your hand at Auburn women, because clearly you're making this up. Auburn girls are some of the most reserved among big universities, they're fun, but our sorority girls aren't slutty. At all. For bars, you should go to Athens or Tuscaloosa or Austin. Oxford is worse than Auburn when it comes to drinking. However, Athens and TAMU don't compare to Auburn regarding girls (I live in Athens). Ole Miss, despite its rather inept bar scene, may have the prettiest girls in the country.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
I haven't had a chance to go to Ole Miss yet. I'll be moving down to TX in about five months, so maybe I can make it over there then.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
I was just down at Auburn for a few weekends.

Now if I went by only what I read by other memebers here posting about Auburn or the South I would be extremely impressed and think it is the coolest place in the world. However, I've been there and experienced the scene. I've also been to about 30 other campuses all over the country.

While Auburn was pretty good...it really isn't anything to write home about. I'd put it in my top five, but Ohio University (Athens Ohio), Miami (Oxford Ohio), WVU (Morgantown WV), and Texas A&M all have better bars, parties, and women.

The one cool thing about Auburn was the Supper Club. The girls are no harder to get or talk to there. College girls are the same everywhere...they want to hook up just like guys do, it just takes a little more alcohol to make them admit it sometimes.
You sound like a gay. There can be no enjoyment experienced if you are north of the Mason-Dixon. This leads my conclusion to be that you have no idea what you speak of.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertearlkeen View Post
You sound like a gay. There can be no enjoyment experienced if you are north of the Mason-Dixon. This leads my conclusion to be that you have no idea what you speak of.
The real REK would never say that.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BrendanMcGrail
Quote:
Absolute lies. Life begins North of the Mason-Dixon. We have New York and Boston, just for starters. And winters, with significant snowfall. And let's not forget culture (and lots of different ones, at that).
Old 12-05-2006, 06:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
Quote:
Yeah...I'm South of the Mason Dixon Line there smart guy. This leads to my conclusion that you shouldn't be allowed to speak.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

The real REK hates the north. Sure hes a liberal, but he doesn't talk about it.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanMcGrail View Post
Absolute lies. Life begins North of the Mason-Dixon. We have New York and Boston, just for starters. And winters, with significant snowfall. And let's not forget culture (and lots of different ones, at that).
Yes New York and Boston are definently the pride of America. I have no need for this culture, much less the many different kinds that you accept. I am the real REK, and I do hate the north. And coramoor you are allowed to leave the South any time you wish, just dont let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:55 PM

Am I supposed to be impressed that someone is the "real" Robert Earl Keen? Who is he?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know but I think that we should stop hating on where your from in America; and concentrate on being Americans. I dont know if any of you are going to win the gentleman fight bickering like that. Everyplace has its uniques attributes, which should be appreciated.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Robert Earl Keen is a texas country musician. The epitome of beer drinking, southern/texas living, good time music. Popular among greeks throughout the south and midwest.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Am I supposed to be impressed that someone is the "real" Robert Earl Keen? Who is he?

You should be impressed
Old 12-07-2006, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
1. Gay is an adjective, not a noun.
2. REK, since you mentioned geography, I'd like a Southerner's perspective on Maryland/DC/NoVa. Are they the South since they are south of the Mason-Dixon?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

"gay" is a noun. Anchorman say so. You are a gay for even questioning this.

Maryland=Not cool. Like, at all.

NoVa- some nice parts, I enjoy some of it, some of the people do suck, however.

DC- I love it. Not southern, but still, great town.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BrendanMcGrail
Quote:
Yes New York and Boston are definently the pride of America. I have no need for this culture, much less the many different kinds that you accept. I am the real REK, and I do hate the north. And coramoor you are allowed to leave the South any time you wish, just dont let the door hit you on the way out.
New York and Boston, along with Chicago and Los Angeles, should be the pride of the US. There's a reason that the midwest is referred to as flyover country (and we all know that nothing good lies south of the Mason-Dixon except Maryland, DC, NoVA, and Florida).