GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,395
1 members and 1,394 guests
janesstexxda745

Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Both Kirkman and Nicodero have said that just because it happened in the comic does NOT mean it will happen in the show. Just look at the Shane/Rick relationship. In the comic, Shane dies right away. Tyrese is actually Rick's BFF in the comic. Lets not forget the horrendous acts the Governor does to Michonne in the comic.

Wow. I didn't see Merle's death coming. Poor Darryl.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

You can't have a show with THAT much suspense if you can read along with a comic book. It just doesn't make sense. Of course, I want the Governor to die so they can all start to live a more normal life. But that's actually why the show is starting to grate on me. The constant, never easing up life or death conflict is too much for me. At some point they're going to have to start doing every day things, start farming, figuring out how to turn on electricity, etc. But that will be the end of the show.

I'm thinking about making the leap to Revolution, since that seems to be more about rebuilding after the apocalypse. Possibly more positive in the midst of all the made for TV drama and hijinks? But I haven't seen a single episode. Any Walking Dead fans also watch Revolution? Similarities? Differences?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

MERLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=[ That one was def a shocker to me.

ZPHIB - SOLO ACE - @BabyGucci_13
Old 03-27-2013, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
You can't have a show with THAT much suspense if you can read along with a comic book. It just doesn't make sense. Of course, I want the Governor to die so they can all start to live a more normal life. But that's actually why the show is starting to grate on me. The constant, never easing up life or death conflict is too much for me. At some point they're going to have to start doing every day things, start farming, figuring out how to turn on electricity, etc. But that will be the end of the show.
I agree, I'm kind of tired of the constant conflict. I would like to see them try to live a normal life; I think there is enough conflict just trying to do that.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Poor Andrea. I liked her in Season 1 (stood up to Ed), she started to annoy me in Season 2, but she redeemed herself before her death. Old Rick is definitely back.

Since I'm depressed about the show not being on again until October, I've started a finale with myself on Netflix. It's crazy to see how many of the original Atlanta group are no longer alive, and how much the characters have changed. Carl is a completely different person.

I don't get all the Lori hate. She wasn't my favorite, but I liked her just as much as everyone else.

Rick is gorgeous.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

The season 4 trailer premiered at Comic Con today!

It looks awesome! So excited! October 13 can't get here fast enough! I need more Daryl Dixon!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

That trailer looks awesome! I can't wait.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Banned

Are you ready for the season premiere?! Countdown, beyotches!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Well, it's been almost 48 hours since the premiere of Season 4 but don't worry; no spoilers here.

I was very glad that the show wasn't too bombastic with its opening episode but we've only just begun.

Highlights of the episode:

1. The Supermarket Scene
2. Funniest scene ( yes, it has it's moments of humor ): Daryl Dixon's fanboy.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
I was watching this webisode tonight and thought, wait, I know that actress playing a doctor ( caution: gory content )

http://youtu.be/YIvpOIUqKKA

And when I realized who it was, well, the show just got 1000% cooler:

http://youtu.be/YIvpOIUqKKA
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I love this show so much, my heart doesn't stop pounding the entire time. LOST is still my all time favorite, but TWD is creeping up.

I'm sad to see Karen die. I liked her.

I want to know why they aren't putting the spike fence around the whole perimeter of the prison, or digging a ditch that the walkers would fall into, and then be easier to kill. Or, why not use Michonne's decoy walker strategy when they go out? Or tie decoy walkers around the whole prison complex.

If they ever kill off Daryl or Michonne, I will be devastated.

Anyone else think that Michonne is a mom, based on her reaction with Judith?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Banned

This was a high energy episode. Goodness gracious.

1. I'm glad the sista didn't die when the dead followed her in when she rode the horse.
2. The brutha with the beard was on an old episode of Criminal Minds.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
This was a high energy episode. Goodness gracious.

1. I'm glad the sista didn't die when the dead followed her in when she rode the horse.
2. The brutha with the beard was on an old episode of Criminal Minds.
The re-run of this Criminal Minds was on this morning...for the millionth time.

I need to vent about (what I consider to be) pronatalism in The Walking Dead. Okay, I could overlook the little baby theme and all of the kids running around. I understand they are building a community that includes children. LOL...I only want to see people fighting walking dead but I know they need other stuff to keep the show going. LOL. Now they want Michonne (who I refer to as "sista" or "kick ass sista") to have the crux of her kickassness and aggression rooted in some baby stuff. As though there are no women around the world who are truly kickass and aggressive without it being rooted in anger/sadness/insecurity. As though there are no women around the world who truly don't care for children and don't want to be bothered with children--not even holding children for one second. I shall stop watching The Walking Dead if it becomes more and more about this crap as a distraction from the REAL reason I watch this show.

Dear The Walking Dead: Keep showing dead people fighting live people...give us some back stories...but spare us (what I consider to be) the dumb gendered and pronatalist stuff. And please don't take the romantic relationships theme too far. Someone on a The Walking Dead message board wants to see a sex scene with that Black man (there were sex scenes last season with that Asian man). LOL. If you go that route, you should make it creepily funny and have a voyeur walking dead on the scene. LOL. Mmmmkay, thanks...

/end vent

Last edited by DrPhil; 10-26-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Banned

New episode.

Tyreese deserved that ass whooping. Seriously.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Episode with the Tyreese ass whooping sucked! Hopefully they were just setting things up for the next episode...because right now it looks like they're killing everyone off