GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Omega > Omega Psi Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,310
1 members and 1,309 guests
g41965

Old 05-11-2004, 03:52 PM
laidbackfella

You've Got Questions, I've Got Answers

As a free service to each of you here on GreekChat I, laidbackfella, will answer EACH and EVERY one of your questions. ANY subject, ANY topic, ANY question you may have I will answer.

Who has the first question for me?
Old 05-11-2004, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
This is funny but I'll launch the first question. I was watching Beyond the Glory the other night and in one of the pics Ray Lewis appears to have an Omega brand on his left arm I think it is. Is Ray a member of your fraternity?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:53 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by msn4med1975
This is funny but I'll launch the first question. I was watching Beyond the Glory the other night and in one of the pics Ray Lewis appears to have an Omega brand on his left arm I think it is. Is Ray a member of your fraternity?
No. He is not.

The tattoo is of a Panther I do believe.

He got it to coverup a stab wound he got during a gunfight.

Best pictures I could find.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:53 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Why does this thread remind me of Paul Mooney as Negrodamous from the Chapelle Show? *lol*

Ok, here is mine.....

Why don't men listen?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:43 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
Why does this thread remind me of Paul Mooney as Negrodamous from the Chapelle Show? *lol*

Ok, here is mine.....

Why don't men listen?
Ah the ever enduring why don't men listen?

This question has many different facets will I will attempt to broach tactfully and honestly.

1). I first ask this question. And yes I know, you shouldn't answer a question with a question but it will give you some food for thought.

What are you talking about?

Men being animals and more importantly creatures dwelling in their flesh are much more stimulated by physical and visual stimulus. Talking, and more importantly contributing to a conversation, requires injecting bits of personal history, background and sharing of feelings. This is not the average man's forte.

Men need six things inherrently to survive. Six basic things that EACH man needs. Most of the females readers will reject this nugget of wisdom that is being shared, others will concur, while even more will wonder why this or that isn't on the list. It's not open for discussion it's the baseline need of each man accept it as such and you will get one step further. Reject it and you will continue to ponder why men do this or that.

Men are simple creatures needing only four things: Food; Rest; Sex; Entertainment; Nurturing; and Relationship with a Higher Being. Please believe me this may be hard for many of you to understand and even harder for those of you who do understand to accept but it is true. Let me break each one down.

Food: Essential and needed to sustain life. Nuff said I hope.

Rest: Essential and needed to rejuvenate body and restore energy.

Sex: Essential and needed to multiply and be fruitful. More commonly used by men as a means a) to fulfill immediate and gratuitous physical desires or b) to fulfill a misogynistic need to degrade women or c) to express their care or affection for the woman that they are with.

Entertainment: Essential and needed to build personality. Generally speaking it is anything that we enjoy which is not food or rest or sex. This could be anything from sports to cooking to writing to art to sewing.

Nuturing: Essential and needed to establish personal relationships of some sort. This relationship may at times be a one way flow from that man to a woman or from a woman to a man. This allows a man to feel that they are part of a chivalric romance or like a kept man and many degrees between the two. On occasion it can be a two way street and this is when you have a long lasting and enduring relationship.

Relationship with a Higher Being: Essential and needed to feel a sense of purpose in the Cosmos.

Now having said all of that did your conversation fit or blend with any of the things that serve his needs. Now yes that sounds selfish but you asked me a man about why men don't listen. So no I don't now where a woman's need fits in.

Now all of this is contingent upon point Number Two....

2). Who are you talking to?

Take a step back. Ask yourself a few questions.
Is this an intelligent man?
Do you think he really has an interest in what you are saying?
Is he listening to understand you or to pacify you?
When did you try to talk to him, was he focused on something else?
What words did you use?
Was this something truly important to you?
Why is it important that he listen at this moment?
Did you tell him the level of importance this subject had to you?

With men we generally don't have a interest in talking about matters outside of our needs and more importantly urges. That's why a lot of people get a totally different reaction from a man before sex as opposed to after. The "Lion's Syndrome" takes over and our basic need or urge has been fulfilled so our response changes.

Intellect is what men need to help them control their animal urges. This allows us to control our desires and fully participate in a wholesome conversation offering thought provoking responses and input. Intellect is not something guaranteed by a textbook education but through exposure to a wide variety of experiences.

A well rounded man is whom you would want to seek out for a worthwhile conversation. This requires that you encounter a man who is self actualized and a reflective thinker. One who is concerned about how he impacts the world around him.

3). Sometimes we just aren't interested in what it is you are talking about. Intellectual or Not. Everything that you find interesting isn't of interest to us.

4). We've learned your signals. Sometimes y'all talk and other times y'all TALK. We know by your pitch, your body language and word selection when to listen and when to ignore. Everything that you say doesn't always require us to respond but you'd rather we listened to it all. we've just figured out how to tell the difference.

I had more but I'm completely thrown off track by Fantasia on American Idol. She's a nice looking Black Woman.

Hope I've shed some insight. If you have some follow up questions feel free to ask.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:44 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BirthaBlue4
Ok, if you're in ABC organization, and your "sibling" organization is XYZ, but you roadtrip and on the other campus, ABC's "sibling" organization is LMO, do you recognize that or go find XYZ to chill with?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Nuevo Jersey...all the time wishing that I was in Puerto Rico!!!
Ok Bruh....answer this....Why do men hate to ask for directions??

The Stalker #12
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Spr. 04
"Thundering" Theta Chi Chapter
Old 05-11-2004, 09:26 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by BirthaBlue4
Ok, if you're in ABC organization, and your "sibling" organization is XYZ, but you roadtrip and on the other campus, ABC's "sibling" organization is LMO, do you recognize that or go find XYZ to chill with?
Hmmm, this is a hard one. Depends on if you honor history or preference.

A lot of times I have found that the whole brother/sister thing with everyone outside of the Blue and White family tends to be more about selfish gain rather than true love. But I won't expound on that but keep focused on your question.

To make this question more clear to the layman. You want to know what should you do in a situation where your Sorors on anothr campus claim another organization rather than they one you actually have links with?

To make it more germaine to myself. What if I went on a trip to USC and the Bruhs there chilled with the ladies of AKA , as opposed to the Divas of DST?

I myself go and find the ladies of DST and greet them. Those are the closet thing to Sisters that I have in the Greek World. I have historical LINKS with them.

We all have LINKS, except for Iota Phi Theta, and we all can make play play paralells.

If I am talking out of my ass someone please let me know.

THE ONLY TRUE LINKS are:

Constitutionally Bound Zetas and Sigmas

The First Family A Phi A and AKA. I assume the PHAmily thing y'all do at times come from the PHA in alPHA which is in both of your names?

Coleman Love for the two FOUNDERS of Omega Psi Phi that had immediate family ties to Delta Sigma Theta. One married to a FOUNDER of the other org, Frank and Edna, The Colemans. The other from what I've researched is that Egdar A. Love had a younger sister who was an early Initiate of the Alpha Chapter. Thus it's COLEMAN LOVE not LUV.

Indiana Love, coming from the fact that both Kappa Alpha Psi and Sigma Gamma Rho were both founded in the state of Indiana. Also there is a connection with the canes that only members of those two orgs will know.

Everything else is Betty Crocker to me. What's Betty Crocker? Homemade, Made Up, Something created to get some play or attention from another org. It, IMO, is a desparate attempt for one org to bond with another. I hate it when my Bruhs do it. Have a party is one thing and naming it something like P&G 20/20 or a Dawg Pound Party. But to walk around using that SIMILARITY as a reason to call another org a sister to me is wack.

Now can we, Da Bruhs, be close to AKA's or SG Rho's or even Zetas, if they let us. YES. Will they ever....ever ever be my SISTER? NO.

I am a spiritual Bruh in the sense of living our Mission and the tenets put forth in our Fraternity. I also honor history and true tradition. Not one "created" for personal gain.

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up please let me know.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:28 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by blackerican
Ok Bruh....answer this....Why do men hate to ask for directions??

The Stalker #12
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Spr. 04
"Thundering" Theta Chi Chapter
Oh that's too easy.

PRIDE.

We got 'some' directions and we feel that we know where we are going. Why ask when I can sense the house is near?

PRIDE is your answer.

I hope I've answered your question. If you have any follow up please let me know.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:29 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BirthaBlue4
Ok, since you know so much...

Can you explain the stock market in kindergarten language so we can all understand it for real?
Old 05-11-2004, 10:46 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
Originally posted by BirthaBlue4
Ok, since you know so much...

Can you explain the stock market in kindergarten language so we can all understand it for real?

Hmmm, let's see.

The Stock Market is like the afternoon snack.

The better the snack the more interest you have in going to so and so's house.

Let's say Bobby's mom gives out carrots and Timmy's mom gives out cookies.

Well initiatially our interest in Timmy's house will be more.

Why cuz cookies taste good and carrots are wack.

But once we check into the fundamentals or the good and bad things about cookies or carrots once we eat them we may change our mind.

For instance what are the good things about cookies?

Taste good
Short Sugar High

What are the bad things about cookies?

May cause Cavity Creeps
You might get Fat
You only get a few
Sometimes you gotta wait til after dinner if you've been bad

What are the good things mommy says about carrots?

Good for your eyes
You can have them anytime of the day
You can eat as many as you want
Don't cause cavities
Won't make you fat
Strengthen your teeth

What are the bad things about carrots?

taste may or may not be likeable.

Now which is better as a snack? Carrots or Cookies?

Depends on what good things and bad things are important to you.

So stocks go up when people feel good about them. They go down when people feel bad about them.

Most times it has more to do with the way people feel rather than if the snack or stock is good for you?

Did that make sense?

I hope that answered your question. If you have any follow up questions please let me know.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:47 PM
laidbackfella

Next question please.