GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,760
0 members and 1,760 guests
No Members online

Old 01-02-2018, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Indiana University Recruitment 2018

Indiana University Recruitment 2018

PNM Orientation
Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Open Invite
Wednesday, January 3 - Friday, January 5, 2018
(Visit all 22)

Philanthropy and Service Round
Saturday, January 6 - Sunday, January 7, 2018
(Max 16)

First Day of Spring Semester
Monday, January 8, 2018

In between the two weekends of recruitment, PNMs will attend the first week of classes. During this time, there will be no recruitment activities for PNMs to concentrate on classes.

Sisterhood Round
Friday, January 12 - Saturday, January 13, 2018
(Max 9)

Preference Round
Sunday, January 14, 2018
(Max 3)

Bid Night
Tuesday, January 16, 2018

True and Constant
Old 01-02-2018, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter starts Recruitment at IU tomorrow. So nervous for her!
Old 01-03-2018, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to her!
And you!!!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaPiPhi View Post
My daughter as well. Best of luck to both of you! Hoping for smiles and a positive experience and no tears over the phone.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is rushing as well. She just texted a copy of her three day schedule. Two houses that I know she liked from some fall events are early on day 2 for her. She has a pretty good attitude going in. She knows IU is a difficult process and is keeping an open mind.

I feel bad for all the PNM's and RG's having to be out in this weather. Good luck to all.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Count me as another PNM mom and this is my second time going through IU recruitment. While it can be a brutal numbers game, it definitely seems to have improved.

Does anyone have any idea of numbers? I have heard anywhere from 1300 PNM's (which seems really low) to 1900 (more realistic). Also, I am wondering what the minimum quota has been set at?

Best of luck to all the young women and moms!
Old 01-03-2018, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrespearls View Post
Does anyone have any idea of numbers? I have heard anywhere from 1300 PNM's (which seems really low) to 1900 (more realistic). Also, I am wondering what the minimum quota has been set at?
On last year's thread, there was recent discussion of the upcoming 2018 recruitment. One of the members there reported that "around 1800 are registered."

True and Constant
Old 01-03-2018, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
On last year's thread, there was recent discussion of the upcoming 2018 recruitment. One of the members there reported that "around 1800 are registered."
Thank you!
Old 01-03-2018, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My goddaughter/cousin does, too, and her mom (my first cousin) is an IU grad and is Greek. Her older daughter - my other goddaughter - is a senior at IU and chose not to go through rush. My cousin said she knew my younger goddaughter would want to go through, and this would be the only chance she has to get a legacy. :-) However, my cousin serves on advisory boards for her chapter, so she knows exactly how IU's rush is, and she has stressed to my goddaughter to keep an open mind and just be happy ending up anywhere!
Old 01-03-2018, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and my goddaughter just texted that they're getting ready to go to their first chapter, which is her legacy chapter. I told her to be real, keep an open mind, have fun, and try not to freeze!
Old 01-03-2018, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a niece in the game as well. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to everyone! I also told her to keep an open mind and try to enjoy meeting new people. IU is much more stressful than Iowa was.

I heard they are only doing 2 pref parties. I hope they can place as many girls as possible.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

As far as I know, the PNMs will be allowed into the back stairwells and out of the way areas during the time between chapters. I hope so, it's brutal out there right now.

Best of luck to everyone involved--PMNs and their nervous moms, sorority women, advisors, Rho Gams, etc.

I can tell you from personal experience that every chapter at IU has something valuable to offer a PNM!
Old 01-03-2018, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I heard they are only doing 2 pref parties. I hope they can place as many girls as possible.

I wonder if that is a new change or a typo on the website. The IU Panhellenic website indicates that PNMs can return up to a maximum of 3 for preference. Here: http://www.iupanhellenic.org/schedul...ruitment-2017/

However in the FAQs, regarding MRABA, it encourages listing "two preferences" -- http://www.iupanhellenic.org/frequently-asked-questions

Quote:
The Membership Recruitment Acceptance Binding Agreement is a card on which you list, in order of your preference, the sororities from whom you are willing to accept an invitation to membership. National Panhellenic Conference encourages you to list two preferences; however, it is important not to list a sorority that you have no interest in joining.

Maybe one of you can have your daughter confirm the schedule as presented to the PNMs?

True and Constant
Old 01-03-2018, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I wonder if that is a new change or a typo on the website. The IU Panhellenic website indicates that PNMs can return up to a maximum of 3 for preference. Here: http://www.iupanhellenic.org/schedul...ruitment-2017/

However in the FAQs, regarding MRABA, it encourages listing "two preferences" -- http://www.iupanhellenic.org/frequently-asked-questions

Maybe one of you can have your daughter confirm the schedule as presented to the PNMs?
My daughter did say that her Rho Gam told them they would attend 2 pref parties and when I pointed out the discrepancy, she was pretty confident that it had changed. My older daughter attended 3 and preffed (sp?) 3 back in 2014 but I remember it being said somewhere on the forum that some schools were changing to 2 vs 3. Was Panhel's decision to do this (assuming it's true) based on the girls now being guaranteed a bid if they maximize all their options?

Last edited by lyrespearls; 01-03-2018 at 09:28 PM.