GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,291
1 members and 2,290 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 05-09-2005, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Kinda a spotting...I teach 2nd grade and today we were talking about honesty and why being honest was important. During the discussion, I used the example of breaking something fragile of your mother's - should you tell her or try to hide it, etc. Then I asked if any of their mother's have anything that they would be upset if it got broken. One little girl raised her hand and said that her mom belongs to a club who's mascot is an elephant and that her mom would be SO MAD if she broke an elephant. I smiled and said, I bet that club's name is "Delta Sigma Theta" - she looked at me like I knew some super secret. It was cute.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-09-2005, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I turned on The Price is Right today just in time for the end, and one of the two contestants had on a KD sweatshirt. She didn't win...I was sad.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, PhoenixAzul can relate to me on this one.
I found out a couple weeks ago on facebook that my prom date joined Lambda Upsilon Lambda Latin Fraternity, Inc. in the fall of '04. I'm so happy for him!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JupiterTC
I was just watching "Whose Line Is It Anyway", and Ryan had to do an impression of a fraternity brother. Josie (who is British) wasn't familar what fraternity boys were like, and Drew Carey said "Shout out to all the Delta Tau Deltas in London." Don't know if there are any Delts in London, but it's pretty cool none of the less.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:57 PM

In the 2005 edition of U. S. News and World Reports "America's Best Colleges", there's an article on UNC- Greensboro. One of the pictures included is of a group of people watching a Greek Week skit. In the very front row is a group of Tri Sigmas all in letters.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I just met an Alpha Phi Alpha at Cousins Subs who commented on my flip flops. I was pretty impressed when he told me our open motto.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool WOW

WhiteDaisy128

What a great story, I am laffing so hard, I have tears streaming down my cheecks.

I just get these pictures in My minds eye and see it so clear!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
:)

Haha, another happening from 2nd grade! Different student though...we tie-dyed t-shirts in art the other day and we were passing them back out. EVERYONE wanted to change in to their new tie-dyed t-shirt...I said they could at lunch time...well then EVERYONE had to "go to the bathroom" at once.

I told one little girl that she could go if she promised not to change into her tie-dye t-shirt while she was in there (she already had it on over her clothes). She asked how I would know if she took her other shirt off. I said because I'd look to see if she was carrying a pink and green shirt back into the classroom (she was wearing a pink and green outfit).

She then asked if I knew what colors pink and green were...I was like..."uhhhh...pink and green" and she said "no, they are AKA." I asked if her mom was an Alpha Kappa Alpha and she said yes! She was amazed that I knew what AKA meant!
Old 05-11-2005, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

KEWEL, Keep The Kinders Guessing, they will think You know everything!

Isnt it great sometimes to be an Adult!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-12-2005, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Was in KY this past weekend visiting in-laws. We decided to go to the Woodburn Strawberry Festival Bummer, it was a tiny town who only wanted an excuse to get people in for a city wide yard sale of no-so-good stuff.....and they apparently only had 2 table with strawberry food and sold out at 1 p.m....we got there at 2!

Anyway....in the antique store, there was an AXiD paddle from 1956 Hanover College. Indiana. It was only $5. I started to buy it for my ADPi niece but wasnt' sure she'd want it.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw someone wearing Delta Sigma Theta letters at Applebee's while I was home...

and now that I'm staying with my Dad for a couple weeks up in the burbs I've seen about 5 cars in his apartment complex with some kind of Sigma Kappa letters on them...

Also found out that my trainer at work is a Tri-Delt...
Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Went to an Alumnae Panhellenic Recruitment Information Session. I didn't get a chance to ask who's it was but there was a 1929 Syracuse Univ yearbook!!! Of course, Alpha Gam, Gamma Phi Beta and Alpha Phi were in there!

I thought it was interesting that for every GLO, there were faculty members listed. I don't know if these were faculty advisors and/or GLO members of that org..
Old 05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Greeks seen today at Cedar Point:
Two Phi Sigma Sigmas
Two fellow Delta Zetas (from BGSU)
A Sigma Nu from Texas
Sigma Pi Sigma (I don't know where she was from)
a TKE
And two lovely ladies from Delta Tau Sigma, a local at IUP
Old 05-16-2005, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw a gentlemen wearing a Phi Sigma Kappa sweatshirt today @ Yorktown Mall.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chopperLI905 Send a message via Yahoo to chopperLI905
i saw a Kappa Delta, the other night at work in my home town.