GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,438
4 members and 1,434 guests
aantonygooglet9, John, Sen's Revenge

Old 11-24-2003, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Skit Songs

Hi, ladies!

I have a quick question. I'm the skit chair for recruitment for the Iota Psi chapter (Elon University), and we need a modern song for skit. We used "Stronger" by Britney Spears for the past 2 years, but we need to update it. Does anyone have any good lyrics? Thanks!

Sharon

~*Full of Angels, but one hell of a sorority*~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-24-2003, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Oz... nah not really ... although sometimes i wonder :-p
Send a message via AIM to ZHLyreGirl
We had a dream theme for our skit this yea and used "Baby Boy" but changed it to Alpha Chi. I don't remember excatly what the other changes were but im sure i could find out if you wanted. I was disaffliated so i didnt' see any of the background stuff but the result was very cute and alot of the PNM's enjoyed it Godd luck!!
Old 12-15-2003, 12:15 AM
ADPiZXalum

I'm Crashing your board!!

Hey girls, I just saw this topic and had to share the cutest Alpha Chi song I remembered from rush. The Baylor chapter uses that country song "sold" but instead of "she's an 8, she's a 9, she's a 10 I know" they say, She's an A, she's a Chi, She's an A Chi O. It was precious. They went through most of the rest of the song the same, ( I saw something I just had to have....my mind told me I should procede with caution, but my heart said go ahead and make a bid on that. And I said hey pretty lady won't you give me a sign, I'll give anything to make you mine.....etc.. it's great. If you want the rest of the words, check out their website and contact their RVPs. Those two are awesome.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! If anyone else has any modern rock songs, PM me and let me know. I've loved the other suggestions!

Have a safe and happy holiday!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Rush song

Here at the Zeta Omega chapter, we have our own Alpha Chi version of "Baby got Back" by sir mixalot. I know its an ancient song, but I think its one of those you can use forever. Email me for the lyrics carebearwcu@hotmail.com
Old 02-04-2004, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush Chants Help!

Hello ladies! I am a sister of Alpha Chi Omega at Western Carolina University (Zeta Omega). We are trying to come up with some cute UPBEAT chants b/c all of ours are pretty slow. Does anyone out there have any upbeat chants or any to maybe famous songs? thanks girlies!
Old 02-11-2004, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey there,
We used a cute song a couple years ago when we had an island theme party. It went to the tune of Jimmy Buffet's "Volcano", but the words were "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know where Im gonna go but I'm thinking A Chi O." Then as they were leaving the party we changed the words to "Now I know where I'm gonna go and I'm going A Chi O." It was cute, we had sisters shaking maracas and everything.
Hope that helps!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Exit/Goodbye Songs

So i know that there are several threads about songs here, but this one is sliiiiiigggghhhtly different...Beta Delta needs new exit/goodbye songs desperately for our upcoming recruitment and as VP Rec i've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out some good ones...we already use the Coke song and the Green Acres one, but does anybody have any suggestions for fun, simple tunes or jingles that really get stuck in your head out of cute catchiness? either post or PM me if you want to keep it in the AXO 'hood have a great day everyone!
Old 06-24-2004, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

We have have 4 songs that we sing at the door. For the first round we sing "Madness", House Tour/Philanthropy Day we do a chant with clapping called "Hey Go Alpha," Skit Day we sing "Goodbye" (that will probably be changing), and at Prefs we sing "Wishing" (I wish that would change). You may know these songs by other names.

Madness:

"We call it fun, but you might call it madness,
Stay her with us and you'll forget your sadness,
With our lyre and our pearls
We are true hearted girld
And when you are gone
You'll remember our song
We are the Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Chi Omega Girls"

about one third of the girls sing "Alpha Chi Omega" so it's kind of, but not really, a round

Hey Go Alpha:
"Hey Go Alpha, Hey Go Alpha, Hey Go Alpha, Hey Go Alpha Chi O. Go Go
It's time to go we, hate to say goodbye
We hope you will, choose Alpha Chi
We must part for, just a little while
Alpha Chi Omega"

Goodbye:
"The time has come when you have to go,
can't get along without ya now,
Got along without ya before we met ya
but we can't get along without ya now,
So long, Farewell,
We'll see you soon,
Goodbye, Goodbye from Alpha Chi
Goodbye, Goodbye,
Goodbye, Goodbye,
Goodbye from Alpha Chi

Last edited by lyrelyre; 05-12-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

We use "Goodbye, Goodbye" and "Hey Go Alpha" as well as "The Girls of Alpha Chi Omega Say Goodbye to You." "The Girls" is hard to keep slow and doesn't sound that great, but "Hey Go Alpha" is everyone's favorite, especially when you do the motions
Old 06-24-2004, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Xylochick216
We use "Goodbye, Goodbye" and "Hey Go Alpha" as well as "The Girls of Alpha Chi Omega Say Goodbye to You." "The Girls" is hard to keep slow and doesn't sound that great, but "Hey Go Alpha" is everyone's favorite, especially when you do the motions
Twist on your "Hey Go Alpha" - which we call the "Chi-Chi" song:

Chi-Chi Alpha Chi Omega Alpha Chi-Chi Alpha Chi Omega
Its time to go
We hate to say goodbye
Hope that you'll come back
To Alpha Chi
But we'll part for
just a little while

Here is another version that can be for either entrance or goodbye:

Alpha Chi Omega is
Our sorority
She's got the girls with
Personality
Listen as we sing of her
Lyre pin and pearls

We're bound to her
That's clearly plain to see
Alpha Chi Omega is
the best sorority
Listen as we sing of her
Lyre pins and pearls

I think the best thing about this song is that it is so catchy. I remember singing it in my head for days during my recruitment.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

SKit songs

Hey everyone!

I am in need of some good skit songs. Our chapter desperately needs to update! We are needing a country song and an oldies song (just to give you an idea of what we've been doing, we did Jodee Messina's "I'm alright" and "Browneyed girl"). Yes, these were cute, but it's time to move on. I remember hearing somewhere on this site something about changing the words to "Sold" by John Michael Montgomery. If any of you know the lyrics could you PM me? This goes for any other song as well. Thanks a lot!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks guys Now I have some titles and lyrics that I can ask other AXOs to give me the tunes for, much easier than saying "Hey, you know that song...uhhh, yeah, with the AXO in it?" I'm bad at this creativity stuff....it's funny too, because I've been watching a ton of TV and singing along to commercials to see if we could make an exit song to it...my bf's going to start thinking I'm nuts!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Recruitment Songs!!

Hi Everyone!!

Well here at UC Davis, our recruitment begins in a little more than a month, and we all have been working hard planning it. The part that we are having the most trouble with is the songs. We do the same songs every year and they are getting old and boring. I know you all do some fun songs at your chapters, and we would love to be able to use your ideas during our recruitment. Right now we do "Well the time has come", "Alpha Chi (to the Buttercup tune)". "Pass it on". and last year we did "Perfect Day" from Legally Blonde. Please let me know what songs you guys do because we desperatly need some new ones!! Thanks so much.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb looking for songs and lyrics for pref

hey kids, I am looking for a song that is not in a very high key that we can sing for our pref round here at tcu. we have the rose right now but we do not have any lyrics related to alpha chi omega to go with it. I knoe that it has been done before, but we cannot find the words that were sung with it before. If someone could help us out with anything, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.Knapek Iota Lambda TCU