GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,153
1 members and 1,152 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 12-14-2010, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Interested in an AI

I am currently interested in an AI by me since I went to a college without Greek Life. I have always been interested in Greek Life, but the college I attended that I had my true fit, didn't have it. Anyway, I have always been interested in sisterhood and community service. I found a sorority that shares the same ideals as myself with a philanthropy I already support..but I was wondering...how many women actually join an AI without being apart of its colleigate chapter?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:19 AM

Are you asking how many women get the chance to join via AI?

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

What sorority do you want to join? AI varies greatly between NPC, NPHC, and other umbrella organizations, and can vary to an even greater degree between the individual organizations within them.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeaustenfan View Post
I am currently interested in an AI by me since I went to a college without Greek Life. I have always been interested in Greek Life, but the college I attended that I had my true fit, didn't have it. Anyway, I have always been interested in sisterhood and community service. I found a sorority that shares the same ideals as myself with a philanthropy I already support..but I was wondering...how many women actually join an AI without being apart of its colleigate chapter?
It seems to me that you're confused as to what AI is.. You say you're "interested in an AI" and you ask how many women join an AI. AI is not an alumnae chapter of some kind, which seems to be what you think it is..

But maybe I'm wrong?..

@~/~~~~
Old 12-14-2010, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

It varies from sorority to sorority.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

no women join anything without being apart of it.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Was this supposed to be written in English?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Was this supposed to be written in English?
Jane Austen would be so disappointed.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Really, when you think about it, when's the last time we had an AI thread? Guess it was about time.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

At least she specifies that she's "currently interested"...that way, we know that we don't actually need to answer any of her questions. Since, by the time she would make any headway, she'll be interested in something else instead.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

Alumnae initiation

I really need some help in this field!! This process is not easy! I regret not getting initiated 25 years ago, which was my fault, did not make my grades. Now that I am older and have the potential opportunity to become initiated into the sorority that I had originally pledged in college, they are turning their back on me. Not very "sisterly" in my opinion. I lost touch with everyone for 25 years and have missed them terribly. Should I continue to become a member or seek another?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpialum1 View Post
I really need some help in this field!! This process is not easy! I regret not getting initiated 25 years ago, which was my fault, did not make my grades. Now that I am older and have the potential opportunity to become initiated into the sorority that I had originally pledged in college, they are turning their back on me. Not very "sisterly" in my opinion. I lost touch with everyone for 25 years and have missed them terribly. Should I continue to become a member or seek another?
QFP.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Yet in another thread...

Quote:
I have a question about alums at initiation. Can or can we not participate? I was planning to assist in the next coming weeks with a chapter near my home and have been told that only chapter advisors can help. Is this true? We had lots of alums at mine 25 years ago.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Should I even comment on the username?

Naw, I'll let it go...

@~/~~~~
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe they're turning their backs on you because 25 years later you're running around perping their letters with things like your user name?

I wonder if she's the famous MS State ADPi perp? http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...highlight=perp

Last edited by Barbie's_Rush; 03-03-2011 at 10:23 PM.