GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,572
1 members and 2,571 guests
FlorCundif

Old 09-09-2011, 04:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment on Wisteria Lane

Hi everyone! I actually posted a much longer thread on the Sorority Recruitment wall and realized that there's an entire section for Recruitment Stories. Can anyone tell me how to delete my post? I can't seem to figure it out :-(

To introduce myself, I am going to be a sophomore at a relatively competitive university (nothing too crazy) and I can't wait for recruitment! After a year in the dorms, I decided that they just weren't for me. I have been counting down to recruitment week for a few months now and it's almost here! I am the first in my entire family to go Greek!

If, by some chance, you happen to figure out where "Wisteria Lane" actually is, please PM me rather than post it in my thread! I appreciate an constructive advice and encouragement :-)

My school has 17 chapters. For my purposes they will be known as:

Susan
Lynette
Gaby
Bree
Edie
Betty
Katherine
Angie
Mary Alice
Renee
Karen
Julie
Danielle
Dylan
Juanita
Penny

Note that they are not in alphabetical order to prevent guessing! Thank you for reading and any words of advice and/or encouragement you can give :-)

Last edited by PNM513; 09-09-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

glad you moved your thread! good luck.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I would give anything to see the Edie house!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
glad you moved your thread! good luck.
Haha thank you. I felt like such an idiot when I looked left and realized there was a completely separate board for stories. I also figured people don't need to read through my thoughts on each house, considering someone guessed where Wisteria Lane is based on them!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm excited for this thread. Good luck!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

and i love the theme!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long wait- I've been just as anxious as you for this post! We'll start with the first day.

The very first house I visited was Edie. This is one of the houses I knew almost nothing about going in, which I was excited about! Every girl I talked to was so interesting and nice, but the girl who picked me up at the door seemed to talk a lot more than I did. I kind of felt like I was rushing her! Fortunately, it wasn't very awkward, but it was mostly me asking the questions. I'm definitely interested in learning more about this house!

After a short break (weird, I know), we went to Mary Alice. The girls here were sooo genuine! They seemed really interested in everything I had to say and didn't seem turned off by the fact that I'm a sophomore, like some others did (more on that later). The chapter's president came and chatted for a while too. I'm pretty sure it was just random, but I took it as a good sign. All in all, I'm not sure I would fit in at this chapter, but I did get a good vibe from the girls.

Our last house before a lunch break was Paige. This is the smallest chapter at my school, so 3-4 PNMs were paired with one active! The conversations were a little more awkward since we had to wait for everyone to answer questions and I found that a lot of the conversation was not centered around the chapter, which, for me, was both good and bad. I wanted to get to know a little more about the chapter, but it was nice at the same time to get to know the girls I was talking to. In the end, I am fairly certain that this chapter is not for me.

After a much needed lunch break, I was feeling good! In fact, after my first party, I stopped being nervous altogether. I met my group at our next house, Angie. Their door chant was so cute and I loved their outfits! All of the girls I talked to were extremely genuine and really nice, which, to be honest, I wasn't really expecting. I was glad I got to know a little more about this chapter before being so quick to judge the girls. I'm definitely going to keep them so I can learn more!

Our next house was Lynette. I know a couple of girls in this house and one of them came and said hi! It was nice seeing a familiar face, but what I liked about this chapter was that I wasn't yelling to be heard over everyone else. The girl who picked me up at the door took me to a quieter alcove where only a couple of other PNMs were too, so it was quieter and I found myself very comfortable here. I ended up talking to one girl about Starbucks for a long time! I really liked this chapter and I felt really comfortable.

Next was Penny, whom I actually and accidentally left off my original post! So sorry :-( Really nothing personal, considering I loved this chapter! I know three girls here and two stopped by, so that was nice. All of the girls I talked to seemed really interested in getting to know me and were very knowledgable and could answer all of my questions without hesitation. I wouldn't say I was super comfortable here, but I'm excited to get to know them better.

Our last house before dinner was Susan. I'm still a bit undecided about this house. I'm definitely interested in going back, but for me, it was hard to tell much based on conversations. I did find myself pretty comfortable here and the girls seemed to really know each other well, which is one of the most important things for me. They also seem very involved in leadership roles, not only within their chapter, but outside as well, which is another important aspect for me. I'm keeping them in mind for sure.

After dinner there were only two more chapters! The first was Betty. The one girl I know in this house actually picked me up at the door! I'm not sure how that works, so it could have been on purpose or a total coincidence! It was nice starting out with someone I knew because we didn't get so serious at first, we just caught up and even though we weren't the best of friends before, it was really easy to talk to her. However, I felt a little awkward talking to some of the other girls. I did like that they seemed really down-to-earth and they all seemed to get along really well and love their chapter. I'm not sure how I really feel.

Our last chapter of the day was Katherine! By this time I was exhausted, but to my pleasant surprise, the girls here were so easy to talk to and I had a lot in common with most of the girls I talked to. I know two girls here and while I didn't get to see them, I randomly got to meet both of their bigs! It was the next best thing. I really connected with one girl about my love of planning events, which got us talking about their social calendar and leadership roles within the house centered around planning events. This is a chapter that I would definitely not mind returning to and getting to know better!

Stay tuned for day two, coming soon :-)