GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 880
0 members and 880 guests
No Members online

Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Ree-Xi, you are in my thoughts, strength, recovery and health to the lil baby, to your Big and to you.

Adpiucf, sending some focus and tranquility your way.

Dreamfulspirit, fingers crossed for the young man dealing with Leukemia. A good friend's mother was diagnosed just last week and has started very aggressive chemo this weekend. According to the doctors if she'd been diagnosed a few days later she would probably have died. So scary. Positive thoughts are very welcome.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Bar Exam on Tuesday! I feel prepared, but I'm so anxious. Already did this in one state; so nervous for this next state! Appreciate your prayers for calmness and clarity!
I'll send some your way, if you'll send some mine. This will be my first state, and I definitely don't feel prepared! (But, I'm sure we will both do fine!!)
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bar Exam on Tuesday! I feel prepared, but I'm so anxious. Already did this in one state; so nervous for this next state! Appreciate your prayers for calmness and clarity!
Absolutely! And pbear, too!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbear19 View Post
I'll send some your way, if you'll send some mine. This will be my first state, and I definitely don't feel prepared! (But, I'm sure we will both do fine!!)
Good luck. We can do this!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck on the bar exam to you both!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
A few requests...Thank you in advance!!
DONE

Quote:
DONE. De minimus non curat Lex [The Law does not care for trifles.]
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbear19 View Post
DONE
Old 02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
Positive thoughts are very welcome.
DONE.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM

ree-Xi, prayers headed your way. Also best wishes to everyone taking the bar exam.

It never rains but it pours ...... I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I have either a bad cold or the flu. I'm taking Tamiflu in case it is the flu. I hate being sick.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
ree-Xi, prayers headed your way. Also best wishes to everyone taking the bar exam.

It never rains but it pours ...... I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I have either a bad cold or the flu. I'm taking Tamiflu in case it is the flu. I hate being sick.

Ooh, some of my babies had that. Get better soon. I usually don't tell folks I'm praying or thinking of them but today I feel like telling it.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamfulSpirit View Post
I'm asking for prayers for my parents neighbor who is in his very early 20's, still an undergrad at my alma mater, and is going through Leukemia. It wasn't too long ago that he posted on facebook that he was done 6 of 8 chemo treatments, and my mom was outside talking to him exchanging chemo stories. Right now, he is in the ICU and although had been making baby steps in progress, it's really been back and forth. He's such an good, caring, nice guy!

His family has set up a facebook page putting updates on him if anyone is interested in reading the page (PM me and I'll send you the link). Him and his family really could use all the support, positive thoughts, and prayers at this time.
Please still keep my neighbor in your thoughts and prayers! He could use it more than ever right now as his numbers tend to keep going back and forth and the way his mother writes his updates, I don't know how she's doing it. Just pray that his numbers stay up and that he gets out of the woods right with this.

I'm also asking for positive thoughts and prayers for an Omega Phi Alpha sister. She is a former national president of OPA and the only 2 time recipient of OPA's highest award. She has had a recurrence of breast cancer.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post

I got word yesterday that my favorite aunt is not doing well
My favorite aunt has been declared cancer free! She has been in really rough shape for a very long time and she is now cancer free!!!!!

Praise the Lord!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
My (well my parents' ) neighbor passed away this afternoon. His sister is supposed to be getting married this weekend. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. At least he is not suffering anymore.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh no, I'm so sorry. In my thoughts.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Round Two - the triumph of hope over experience. (I know - the quote was about remarriage, but in this case, it's about my job . . . )

I have a phone interview for the job I want tomorrow at 3:00 c.s.t. - prayers MUCH appreciated. My youngest son celebrated his birthday yesterday by coming down with a bad case of strep. If you would throw in a bonus prayer for my little Liamnator I'd appreciate it.