GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,050
1 members and 1,049 guests
Sarak24034

Old 04-08-2002, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

What was the deciding factor when you chose AXO?

For me, I was impressed by the entire "package". The rush parties, the ease of conversation with the members, the way they made each one there feel special and really wanted. The beauty of the pin...BUT, the one thing that stood out more than ANYthing was the grace and confidence the members seemed to exude. I liked most of the houses, they were all vey good GLOs, but AXO seemed to have an aura about them that was missing in the other chapters. That's what made the difference for me.
Old 04-10-2002, 04:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I loved AXO going through rush and was heartbroken when on the 4th day I had to cut 2 sororities and AXO was one of them. I ended up getting crosscut and my roommate just pledged AXO. She spoke with the new member educator and they had remembered me and called me up-I accepted the bid with glee. I have never looked back since, I truly was meant to be an AXO. I can't imagine being anything else .
Old 04-13-2002, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking EVERYTHING!

I was born to be an AXO -- truly. I had gone through a COB party at my school for ZTA when I was still dating my ex. I went to that school for HIM and we both ended up going home (same hometown obviously) EVERY weekend so I had no social life. Anyway, I knew that ZTA wasn't for me -- I just thought (at the time) that it was because I wasn't into the "whole sorority thing" -- love to hear people say that now

Anyway - the summer of 1994, he dumps me for a 16 year old (he was 23 at the time, and is now referred to by everyone in my family as Chester-Chester the Child-Molester) and I had to start my life COMPLETELY over at school all alone for the first time. Anyway, I had met some AXO's and DZ's earlier in the year, and was good friends with some SK's, but never ever thought about rush. Then I figured - what the heck, I have a new life and a new attitude, so I went through rush.

Everything at AX spoke to me -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE our philanthropy to help victims of Domestic Violence, and I loved the attitudes of the girls at parties. Not one of them was pretentious or your stereotypical "sorority girl" -- and they all remembered me from being with other sisters, which was really cool for me. By the time pref rolled around, I was jumping at the chance to be an AXO. I was soooo scared though because I was 3-credits away from being a senior, and I knew that would hurt my chances with the younger girls. Well, my PX's came to me first with my bid. I thought I would die!! Anyway, I ran up to the hall, and there they were with my tee-shirt that summed up EXACTLY how I felt (and still feel) about my sisters:

"You want to go where everybody knows your name!"

Anyway, I wouldn't change it for the world now. I have some of the best friends EVER because of AXO and because I know that these girls have the same hopes and dreams that I have!
Old 04-15-2002, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

This brings so many memories back. I was in awe of two girls in particular that were my pref partners. One I couldn't stop staring at-she was so beautiful and the other, was like someone you feel you've known forever. The first was President and the second became my Big. I am a softie and cry at AT&T commercials. I could not stop crying walking out of pref (we had a GREAT pref)...not loud sobs (thank goodness) but just tears. The funny thing was Connie-my big-
said , "We felt pretty sure you woud accept our bid!" They knew I was going to ZTA as well-who I really, REALLY liked too.

I wish everyone could have a great rush and feel like the choice they make IS the only choice. My only wish is that two if my close friends from the dorm would have joined. It was hard being pulled in two directions. The great news was my now hubby LOVED AXO and became one of our Big Brothers!
Old 04-17-2002, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Wish I could say that about my then-boyfriend, and now-hubby! He hated my sorority life. Of course you know how catty girls can be - and he saw a lot of tears sometimes that kind of scared him...he jokes about "hating" AX now, but knows that I have such good friends who are sisters...he even bought me a lyre bracelet last Christmas, and I wear it all the time Awwww...
Old 02-09-2003, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would share my thoughts on it too! My freshman year first semester I lived with a girl who ended up being a serious druggie. There was another frosh across the hall who had a druggie/weirdo living with her. We often met in the hall to lament about our strange roommates, and by the end of the first semester we decided we would live together and the two addicts could live together. My roomie joined Alpha Chi Omega during spring rush. I had decided that I was not into the sorority thing at that point. But my curiousity was aroused as I watched D. go through her new member period. It looked like a lot of fun. Anyway, when we came back in the fall I was an orientation leader, and several NPC groups had members doing it as well. I was getting rushed pretty heavily by all those groups. As the semester progressed, D. (we ended up living together for the remainder of our college lives - we did not want to take the chance of getting stuck with another strange person and we worked well together) continuously invited me to casual events (lunch, hanging out on the AXO hall, doing road trips with other AXO's) and kept introducing me to her sisters. I had started really looking at the other groups, and really liked ADPi. I was planning to wait for formal rush so I could see all the sisterhoods in action. But by the time informal recruitment rolled, I realized that all my friends at school were Alpha Chi's, and I loved hanging out with them, and could not imagine being anywhere else. I went to a few informal parties, and though I liked ADPi, I did not feel the same comraderie I felt with my AXO friends. After the last informal party, I was so excited and happy to see all my Alpha Chi Omega's come singing down my hall and extend my bid.