GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,337
1 members and 1,336 guests
aidanshulzeo560

Old 04-08-2001, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb NHPC formal rush

I came across this article a couple of days ago. Read it and let me know what you think.
click here!

[This message has been edited by mintyfresh82 (edited April 08, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2001, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting. I don't think "rush" really describes what happens. It's more of an organized question/answer session than a rush because, as the article says, each organization has its own guidelines regarding how rushes/smokers happen. It's going to be a while before NPHC rushes happen in a manner similar to the NPC/NIC.
Old 04-09-2001, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Some of the information in this article is misleading. For example, it states that the students can rush anytime during the year. Incorrect. Each org conducts it's intake process within specified time frames, not on a rolling basis as the article implies.

Also, groups will be able to see who is interested in which org. Interesting

------------------
MCCOYRED
Mu Psi '86
BaltCo Alumnae

Dynamic...Salient...Temperate...Since 1913
Old 04-09-2001, 09:38 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred:

That's exactly the thought that came to my mind.....

Old 04-10-2001, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by mccoyred:
Not necessarily - if they run it similar to NPC formal recruitment, all new members are required to visit all houses at least once.

Barb

Old 04-10-2001, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
I was under the impression from the article that they weren't going to hold it like NPC formal rush. I think they are going to have 'break-out' sessions after the group NPHC session. Does anyone have any more detailed information?

I think it's an interesting idea to say the least, but I doubt we will ever see an NPHC rush that is conducted like NPC formal rush. I think both systems have their merit

ZetaAce
Old 04-10-2001, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We do sumthin' like that out in SoCal, not LA... But no breakout sessions... And folks don't go an sign a list to join just anything...
Old 04-10-2001, 10:24 PM

Talking

The great thing about this is that anyone who didn't grow up w/ the NPHC as a big influence in their community will have an oppourtunity to learn about them!

Without these type of info sessions there are probably plenty of people who are either too initmitated by or unaware of the NPHC. There could be thousands of potential members out there that are missing out! Now they can ask questions about what they have to do to be prospective members.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Wow! I'm really happy I read this. I am transferring to Tech next year. Can someone at Tech tell me what they think of the new rush process for NPHC? To me it sounds like a better way to meet all of the prospective rushees.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Wow! I'm really happy I read this. I am transferring to Tech next year. Can someone at Tech tell me what they think of the new rush process for NPHC? To me it sounds like a better way to meet all of the prospective rushees.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

this is extremely misleading. essentially this is a group information session. we call ours 'meet the greeks'. people will not be joining at this meeting or handing out packets/applications. i definately think the term formal rush is incorrect. each organization dictates when or if they will have intake. it is a good opportunity to see everyone together to see what is available. it also can be an opportunity for someone to out themselves. we do a program where the organizations have 10 minutes to do a presentation about their org and chapter. then the nphc, does a question and answer period. the interested persons can either ask a question aloud or write them anonymously on paper. then there are light refreshments and the interested can visit each table display.
Old 05-08-2001, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

although i am not a member of a bglo, i think this is ri-damn-diculous!!

if you know anything about bglos, you know of the unspoken rule of DISCRETION!! if you are familiar with bglos, you know that the intake process is quite secretive. organizations don't even like people knowing who they are taking in.

now, a greek informational makes a lot more sense to me. a little q&a forum, presentation of fraternity/sorority founding info, membership qualifications, and the like. but, to have one big ol rush is crazy!!!