GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 886
2 members and 884 guests
g41965, Sarak24034

Old 05-31-2010, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Lion Hunt

Okay, I've seen a couple of ADPi shirts (either on sisters or online) that say "lion hunt". What exactly is "lion hunt"? Is it a philanthropy? If so, what type of philanthropy is it? Or is the "lion hunt" specific to the individual chapters?

I ask because I ran into an ADPi from Sam Houston (Delta Mu) today at Walmart. Her shirt said "lion hunt" on it (so it was pretty easy to deduce ADPi, which she confirmed). The back of the shirt was super cute and I totally want the chapter I advise to "get it", but if it is for a philanthropy, what is it for? Not that we couldn't just get a shirt that said "ADPi" on front and the saying on the back, but I was just curious what "lion hunt" is.

Thanks!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

I was hoping that someone newer to Alpha Delta Pi would given their ideas about the Lion Hunt, but... Once upon a time, when scavenger hunts weren't considered hazing, we used to have a Lion Hunt to find certain lions at certain times, and collect points for each one. There was a Baskin Robbins just off campus which used to call one of their flavors Lion Paws (vanilla with caramel chunks) for our day, if we asked them. But when I think now how many dangerous positions we put ourselves in, I shudder!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

The Lion Hunt is a philanthropy activity that involves the entire campus. I first heard about it a couple of years back at DLC from the Zeta Chi chapter at Baylor. It looks like the Delta Kappa chapter Penn State chapter has done this as well!

Their website has a ton of good information about how it works: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/k/...unt/index.html
Old 06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azureblue View Post
The Lion Hunt is a philanthropy activity that involves the entire campus. I first heard about it a couple of years back at DLC from the Zeta Chi chapter at Baylor. It looks like the Delta Kappa chapter Penn State chapter has done this as well!

Their website has a ton of good information about how it works: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/k/...unt/index.html
Thanks for the information. Love the idea. I think I'll have to email the chapter and get more information. I understand the concept but my question has to do with how the money is raised. All they state is that someone gets a prize for finding Alphie, but how is the money raised?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Extra clues that help significantly in finding Alphie will be available at the ADPi LION HUNT table in the HUB September 17- 21 and in East Commons (outside of the Big Onion) September 24-28 with a donation to Ronald McDonald House.
It looks like ^^^ is how. If the other orgs want a better shot at getting the prize money, they must make donations for the extra clues.
-GKC
Old 06-06-2010, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpacer View Post
It looks like ^^^ is how. If the other orgs want a better shot at getting the prize money, they must make donations for the extra clues.
That makes sense.