GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,197
1 members and 2,196 guests
No Members online

Old 08-25-2014, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

That mindset really IS sad. Every GLO has amazing women! I loved my collegiate experience, but I can truly say my alumnae experience has been even more fulfilling.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-25-2014, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazebo View Post
I got some info about Mizzou- nearly 2000 women went through recruitment, but several hundred withdrew during the week.
Of the women who were not matched on Bid Day, a lot of them "suicided" houses, thus, making their chances of getting matched smaller.

It is sad that women drop out of recruitment because they enter it with the mindset "Im going to be an XYZ and ONLY an XYZ". However- with Quota being 90- I think there are a lot of wonderful women who have found their home at Mizzou!
From an advisor perspective, I find this to be particularly troubling at Mizzou. Although, it does look like there was a bit of improvement from last year, where 71% of open house pool got a bit, yet this year it was 75%.

Still, that's 25% who registered and didn't get a bid! A small minority of those are women who were released from all houses, generally because of grades, but for some other reasons, too. The overwhelming majority dropped out or didn't maximize options.

I have heard of a few stories this year of women who did maximize their options and went bidless, which I didn't think was supposed to happen. Still looking into that.

It is an AMAZING greek system, and it breaks my heart when women drop out. But I don't know what the answer is. I don't know why some campuses match 90% or more of their OHP and Mizzou is relatively low.

Also - CONGRATS to all the new members, and their moms/family members here on GC who were relating their stories!! It was SO hot yesterday, but such high spirits in spite of the heat. Now the really fun part starts, with both classes starting today and the new member periods getting underway.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

pbear19 I would love to share some thoughts on this with you