GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Zeta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,433
0 members and 1,433 guests
No Members online

Old 09-20-2004, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Ivan the terrible

Hey y'all, my name is Erin, I am from the Theta Kappa chapter at the University of New Orleans. Okay last week we were suppose to have RUSH and everything, but unfortantely due to Hurricane Ivan RUSH was cancelled. But this is a major problem for the sororties at my school because we don't have houses, we hold our functions in the student union on campus. So they closed school for the week and all the rooms that we hold RUSH in are booked up for the rest of the semester!! I think my chapter is really down right now because we worked so hard and now panhellenic is not quite sure of what to do. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!!! Well I wish everybody good luck with RUSH and if you have already had it, congrats!!

Last edited by dzbubbles83; 09-20-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-20-2004, 10:10 AM

Please excuse the forum crash, ladies!

Can you reserve classrooms for recruitment parties? You will have to work around scheduled classes and you may not be allowed to have food or drink, but it's usable space.

Are there function rooms in the dorms that you can use? Any area alums whose houses you can use?

We used to have a round of formal rush called "informal rush" (not to be confused with COB) which was the only time sisters could take PNMs out of the student center. We'd do picnics, ice cream, coffee, frisbee or volleyball in the park, etc. You might use something like this for a round if you're stuck for indoor space.

Hope you all are safe post-Ivan.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
Hi Erin! Glad to know yall are surviving out there! We didn't have houses when I was in school either. During formal rush, we used lots of different places on campus. I can remember having rush parties in the nursing building, upstairs in one of the empty academic buildings, and the student union. We have also used our common room in the dorm. If your girls have a floor in the dorm, that could be used for the first night, as sort of an open house, then finish up in the bottom of the dorm. Of course, you would need a larger room for pref night. Look around the campus and see what else is available. Also, talk to other sororities and see if yall can come together and work some sort of a plan out. I'm sure something can be done. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

by the way...went to New Orleans for my 21st...LOVED it!
Old 09-20-2004, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DZbabeMKB
We dont have houses either....So we use a classroom building...Each sorority gets 2 rooms: a work room and Rush room. The work room is full of our supplies, clothes, makeup, food, etc. The other room is where we do Informational, Philanthropy and Pref. We usually start Fri nite, and end Sunday afternoon so there are no classes to work around, and we practice and prep after class house during the week. Works well. Best of Luck!
DZ love and mine,
Miranda
DZ-KT
Old 09-21-2004, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank y'all so much for the input and suggestions, luckily today we just figured out a way to where all 4 sororties can gave a room and workshop in the student but unfortantely its rush will be held during our fall break in October. Which is just fine with me, but we don't have our original rooms but hey i'm not one to complain. This problem would have been so much easier if we just had houses!!! But our chancellor keeps promising us we will get houses, but I'm not holding my breathe!! I'm glad you had fun in our rowdy city for your birthday AWJDZ! What spots did you hit? Hope all is well for all Dee Zees!!!
Erin