GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,158
1 members and 1,157 guests
LaneSig

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2017, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Social Events with alcohol- How do you prevent underage drinkers?

Hey guys!

So my chapter (and my school) is very small. We have 56 members and for the very first time this semester we are having alcohol at formal (crazy I know ) We have a big pre-gaming problem, which is against our risk management policy. So in an effort to prevent people from having too much to drink before the event, we are providing alcohol so that we can monitor it. This brings in a new problem though. Our rules will prevent under 21 members from buying drinks (we have to check id's twice and we give wristbands) but I know that older members will try to buy for younger members. So what is a good way for us to prevent that? send them to discipline? send them home? fine them? I'm curious how other chapters prevent this and also how they handle this when it happens (cause it obviously will)